Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Power Levels of Faction Fleets should allow Level Scalars and... stuff  (Read 6491 times)

vagrant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Power Levels of Faction Fleets should allow Level Scalars and... stuff
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2018, 05:29:59 PM »

The problem is not because AI has not big enough fleets, it is that they do not have good composition.

Large fleet battles revolves around fighters and long range shootouts where frigates and destroyers are only good in an support role. Meaning they either can endure and wipe out fighters in short order or has long range weaponry to support fighters in destroying cruiser and larger sized targets.

ATM the AI fleets just have random variants splayed all over their fleets where 3/4 of the ships are useless and a lot of frigates will kill one or two fighters before taken out.

Simply have larger fleets spawn with less ratio of frigates and destroyers and more frequency of fighters and cruisers.

Is there any easy way to tweak this without having to manually change every faction file? Perhaps possible with dynasector? I'd kill for easily accessible global ship class weight settings.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Power Levels of Faction Fleets should allow Level Scalars and... stuff
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2018, 10:21:21 AM »

Ya I'm also heavily against player scaling, tbh it's a cheap scapegoat of terrible ai programing and terrible design (same for giving so buffs and players nerfs and calling it hard mode.) Perhaps it would be best to look at how much each size market spawns and set them a bit higher (after all established factions should get some serious strength behind them). Idk how it currently scales but, I imagine the following wouldn't be bad:

Size 1 market:
Patrols: 6 ships max, no bigger than frigates

Size 2 market:
Patrols: 12 ships max, no bigger than destroyers

Size 3 market:
Patrols: 18 ships max, no bigger than destroyers

Size 4 market:
Patrols: 24 ships max, no bigger than destroyers

Size 5 markets:
Patrols: 30 ships max, no bigger than cruisers

Size 6 markets:
Patrols: 34 ships max, no bigger than cruisers

Size 7 markets:
Patrols: 38 ships max, no bigger than cruisers

Size 8 markets:
Patrols: 42 ships max, no bigger than cruisers

Size 9 markets:
Patrols: 46 ships max, no bigger than Battlecruisers

A military base would DOUBLE the max allowed ships in a patrol and bump up the max hull by 1, so if a market with 1 size hosted a military base it would get patrols of 12 ships max and no bigger than destroyers. Then each market should have a small, medium, and large patrol (large being near the max ships allowed in a patrol). Markets should only be able to pump out so many patrols based on stability, or some other form of planet based scaling. So a low stability market of size 9 may only be able to put out small and medium patrols, making them less effective. Idk that's my ideas on the matter :) obviously numbers may be a bit crazy and what not, just showing off what was in my head
Pages: 1 [2]