Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: UI Faction Flag  (Read 1818 times)

Bunshichi Tawara

• Ensign
  • Call Me Exorcist Tawara
    • View Profile
UI Faction Flag
« on: December 15, 2017, 03:46:12 PM »

Hi, sorry if this has been suggested before. This is my very first post and topic.  ;D

This is just a small suggestion but I think it would help a lot with immersion by maybe adding the flag of the faction you took up commission with, along with your portrait avatar on the left side of the screen during conversation with other fleets or station staff.

I don't know why or maybe its just me, but I've always felt empty during conversations with other NPC officers when seeing their face and flag being shown proudly on the right side and not mine on the other side of the screen.  ::)

Thank you for taking the time to read my little rant  :)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 03:49:59 PM by Athena Underworld »

Algro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: UI Faction Flag
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2017, 08:12:11 PM »

Nice idea, could be done, but isn't the of priority right now. Unless the new outpost update gives you the option to start your own faction/sub-faction a flag can be a nice addition.

But I do see you problem, this game lacks the UI to display story or events in detail (In fact, all dialog is made to support game mechanics, there is no content generating stories or RPG like quests even.).

The current one works, and hopefully will get a revamp if there's going to be a campaign of some sort, but Alex said no before to a campaign and advocated an open world simulation.

I would love to have a campaign or story to flesh out the lore, but we can only hope that this is on Alex's 'future of the game' concept book.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:43:27 PM by Algro »

Bunshichi Tawara

• Ensign
  • Call Me Exorcist Tawara
    • View Profile
Re: UI Faction Flag
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2017, 06:20:28 AM »

Nice idea, could be done, but isn't be of priority right now. Unless the new outpost update gives you the option to start your own faction/sub-faction a flag can be a nice addition.

But I do see you problem, this game lacks the UI to displaying story or events in detail (In fact, all dialog is made to support game mechanics, not content generating stories or RPG like quests even.).

The current one works, and hopefully will get a revamp if there's going to be a campaign of some sort, but Alex said no before to a campaign and advocated an open world simulation.

I would love to have a campaign or story to flesh out the lore, but we can only hope that this is on Alex's 'future of the game' concept book.

Yea and maybe some more dialogue for NPC's. It gets pretty stale and boring after seeing each of the maybe 2 or 3 lines of dialogue the different factions have to say before a battle or just during a random meet and greet. After the first hour or so I've seen all the dialogue the game has to offer and see no reason to read what stations and fleet captains have to say to further immerse myself.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:23:31 AM by Athena Underworld »