Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Safe'nSteady combat and player knowledge progression  (Read 5239 times)

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Safe'nSteady combat and player knowledge progression
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 07:29:16 PM »

I forget, do salvaged ships enter your fleet mothballed?
They probably should do.... Though that'd interfere with any skill that gave starting CR to salvaged ships.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 09:48:00 PM »

I don't believe that salvaged ships enter the fleet mothballed, but to get around the skill issue, you could have the same skill instead make ships start at some CR after being un-mothballed. It's definitely a better skill, but I think it could be reasonably balanced easily. That's definitely a good idea. It's unlikely that you would take a newly salvaged ship into combat anyway. usually after obtaining new ships, I head to my storage base where I have a bunch of weapons stored so that I can outfit properly.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 05:29:35 AM »

That skill that gives CR to recovered ships is a bit of a trap.  I refit it, and lose much of the bonus CR.  I think that is done because I strip things from the ship, but I want to strip the junk (the enemies use that I do not want) off to put what I want on the ship.  That perk is kind of junk because of that, and preserving the bonus CR is tricky if player does not what he is doing.

Lorant

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2017, 02:34:23 PM »

Hello Starsectorizens and Starsectorpuppers.

One idea is to have the player accept mission as a combat support. Once accepted from a market or a rendezvous point reached, a fleet is spawned and is headed into another fleet that spawned somewhere else. Reward is paid if the target fleet is dead or friendly fleet survive, this way it can easily become an protect or destroy mission with a few tweaks. The reward amount and difficulty could be dependent on fleet size difference, etc etc.

this is really interesting to me! especially if it broaches fights in interesting terrain where a player usually be caught in!
Pages: 1 [2]