Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Auxiliary Shepherd  (Read 1905 times)

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
Auxiliary Shepherd
« on: November 11, 2017, 02:18:30 PM »

I really hate picking up ships with the Civilian Grade-Hull, and looking over the Shepherd, it seems like it would make a great Auxiliary candidate. Good logistics profile, pd support from it's borers, shielded, relatively low tech, and just like the Kite, a pair of dinky little weapons. I think from a lore perspective, because it shares so much with the Kite, it makes sense that there would also be Auxiliary Shepherds.

I think some good modifications would be to change the Civilian Grade hull to Auxiliary, and add some maneuverability(turning speed) and flux capacity.

Let me know what you guys think!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 02:20:35 PM by Soychi »
ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Auxiliary Shepherd
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 05:00:19 PM »

You might be happy to know that there is in fact a mod that introduces a Shepherd (A), along with custom Auxiliary variants of the Mule and Venture as well.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=11948.0

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 05:43:47 PM »

It's... It's so beautiful..... Thank you. I knew about the Auxiliary venture, but not the rest.
ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 06:00:38 PM »

oh man... glad people are still enjoying this stuff haha
mmm.... tartiflette