Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Starsector beginner guide  (Read 147077 times)

Goumindong

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starsector beginner guide
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2018, 10:30:39 PM »

The Ion cannon is mainly just to shut down weapon systems et all once you get through shields. Anti-matter works OK but i find that against bigger targets you will often eat a load of flux coming in so while you can beat them in the flux war due to dissipation, you will lose if you attempt to dump. Against smaller targets the HB's kill them fast enough it doesn't make a difference.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2018, 05:31:01 AM »

Ion beam is a long-range weapon that can pierce shields.  It is also a flux hog.  Non-SO Aurora can only support about two heavy blasters or equivalent comfortably.  Ion beam is useful for the likes of Sunder, Falcon, Eagle, and Paragon.  In case of Sunder and Paragon, Tachyon Lance is even better, and Ion Beam is only useful if you do not lances to use.

Vain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2018, 07:10:32 AM »

I am sure practically speaking you are right about the anti-matter blasters, I think I just like having a button to push that makes things blow up instead of simply getting into position and letting the auto-fire do the work.  
The problem I am having is I like flying the Aurora so much I don't know if I ever want to use anything else. By the way, as noted on the wiki page that front-shield conversion hullmod is rockin' 8) on the Aurora.

Ion beam is a long-range weapon that can pierce shields.  It is also a flux hog.  Non-SO Aurora can only support about two heavy blasters or equivalent comfortably.  Ion beam is useful for the likes of Sunder, Falcon, Eagle, and Paragon.  In case of Sunder and Paragon, Tachyon Lance is even better, and Ion Beam is only useful if you do not lances to use.

I see, thanks for the clarification.
Pages: 1 2 [3]