Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Difficult to find survey  (Read 3506 times)

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
Difficult to find survey
« on: November 10, 2017, 09:10:50 PM »

"...derelict ship... ...located outer reaches of the Chax system..." So, having checked out all the stellar bodies, where exactly are "the outer reaches" ? Is that outside for the fringe system jump point? Do I just wander the nebulae?
ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
Re: Difficult to find survey
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »

Further notes:
There re three jump points. From starboard to the inky blackness of space it goes, Inner Jump point, Outer Jump Point, Fringe Jump point. Is this derelict going to be in between the outer jump point and the fringe? Outside of the fringe? Any help would be appreciated.
ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 10:01:30 PM »

"Outer reaches of the system", if I recall correctly, basically means "anywhere beyond 5,000 units of the system's center" (I could have that number wrong, it might be more than that). Those survey missions are a real pain unless you have something like the Neutrino Detector unlocked.

In general I've started avoided the "outer reaches" missions because they always end up being more trouble than they're worth.

Soychi

• Lieutenant
  • Ad Rem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2017, 11:35:02 PM »

Thanks Axle. I guess I'll just return to the core in shame then :(