Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: [0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8  (Read 72082 times)

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.8.8
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:55:40 PM »

A mod that makes your ships harder-better-faster-stronger

Thanks to Originem for the original mod Extra System and permission to continue his work!
Refactored and updated to 0.95a by presidentmattdamon - Dude, you are awesome!
Special thanks to @Gryan on Discord for playtesting 0.95a version.

Requires LazyLib, Console Commands
Supports Version Checker

enableAIUpgrades may be reworked/reintroduced in upcoming releases. Hopefully Alex fixed that addIconFor bug.

+Added esr_getNearbyFleets to console commands for debugging and savefile fixing.
2 console commands (esr_) for debugging. Now disabling/enabling upgrades costs (both 'stats' and 'quality' simultaneously)
See how much your upgrades are affecting your ship with perma-hullmod with dynamic tooltips! Yeah, like in Sundog's Starship Legends
Ship's quality can be upgraded! Seek markets with better industries for a bigger bang for your cred
Upgrades available on non-hostile market where you able to repair
WARNING! Having your upgraded ship disabled in battle will strip ALL buffs from it! You've been warned. (Now configurable!)

Upgrade your ships using basic resources like metals, volatiles, organics and heavy weaponry! Improve the quality of upgrades through the power of sheer credits, and pour millions into your favorite ship!

Added scaling settings for every single upgraded stat, and the diminishing returns curves!

Now with diminishing returns, a quality cap, and exploration rewards. Get special items from salvaging research stations that don't affect drops of existing industry items, and install one on your ship for a drastic change!

DroneLib is not required, but adds extra functionality to certain augments.

Each ship has a somewhat-random quality ranging 0.5~1.5 based on it's in-game ID. Quality decides the cost and the degree of upgrades.
+You can toggle "RNG" in settings and adjust base quality if toggled off.
Upgrade has about 40% (configurable) chance of success at the minimum.
+You can turn off failures in settings.json in data\config
+baseFailureMinFactor is now there to lessen your losses.

---Mechanics---
The efficiency step of upgrades are:
   Frigate:10% Destroyer:6.66% Cruiser:5% Capital Ship:4%
With a total of steps (configurable!):
   Frigate:10 Destroyer:15 Cruiser:20 Capital Ship:25
Which means that all sizes will receive full (or a little bit more) bonus mentioned below.
+You can control how many resources you wish to spend with dividingRatio parameter (higher is cheaper).
+upgradeCostMaxFactor and upgradeCostMinFactor (the latter will have much more impact on the cost to upgrade)

Coming next:
-To be populated

All sources can be found at ExtraSystemReloaded Github

Changelog
[0.8.8] fixed nullpointer in hacked missile forge
[0.8.7] actually fixed spooled feeders this time
[0.8.6] fixed spooled feeders.
[0.8.5]
    added Alpha Subcore augment which reduces OP costs
    fixed modules not getting upgrades
    fixed page pickers being broken
[0.8.3] augment item descriptions
-augments/upgrades no longer duplicate. i tested it this time.
-nerfed durability EMP resist
-nerfed hangarforge (everything)
-fixed plasma flux catalyst not decreasing CR (still broken in refit until switching to/from another ship)
-augment items now have their tooltip displayed in item
hotfix:
-committed the upgraded version
[0.8.2] augment item descriptions
-augments/upgrades no longer duplicate. i tested it this time.
-nerfed durability EMP resist
-nerfed hangarforge (everything)
-fixed plasma flux catalyst not decreasing CR (still broken in refit until switching to/from another ship)
-augment items now have their tooltip displayed in item description
[0.8.1] fixed a couple of bugs
-weapon flux cost in Weapons was positive
-shield upkeep in Technology was not displaying correct tooltip value
-magazine reload speed in Magazines now displays to two decimal points
-quality dialog repurchase now has highlighted quality text
-buffed magazine reload speed
-buffed fighter replacement time and replacement rate buffs
-nerfed technology shield flux/dam again
[0.8.0] Breaks saves.
DroneLib is not required, but adds additional functionality to certain augments.
    OP cost augments replaced with more creative alternatives.
    -- Spooled Feeders now has a toggleable omni-feeder subsystem if dronelib is installed. otherwise, it gives a firerate buff when a weapon is manually fired at an enemy.
    -- Plasma Flux Grid now doubles vents and capacitor effectiveness, and reduces CR if more than half of the maximum is installed.
    -- Fusion Missile Ignitor was renamed to the Drive Flux Vent. It increases vent speed by 30%, and gives a boost to forward momentum while venting and for a short time afterwards.
    -- Phasefield Engine actually spawns now.
    Credits costs in dialog updated to have comma separation.
    Credit costs for upgrades are now correct.
    Some upgrades are changed:
    -- Magazines upgrade now buffs weapon rate of fire.
    -- Weapons upgrade now buffs weapon flux cost reduction.
    -- Hardcapped Technology shield flux/dam and phase upkeep to 90% reductions.
[0.7.8] OP cost augments no longer buggy, and upgrades work in simulations! you can uninstall augments now (but it destroys them)! new phasefield engine augment!
also fixes a bunch of bugs related to module ships, which a recent notable mod tends to have a lot of. note that child modules will not show their parent upgrades, but will still inherit their effects.
[0.7.6] Minor adjustments to github-actions
0.7.5 removed code that applied upgrades to every ship. ships no longer show upgrades in simulator.
0.7.4 minor refactors
    upgrades work in simulations now
0.7.3 now definitely renamed Modules to Augments - minor fixes
0.7.2 renamed Modules to Augments NOT SAVE COMPATIBLE
    this is probably the only non-savecompatible release for a while.
0.7.1: Diminishing returns curves have been completely reworked. The quality setting in the configuration will now actually do something!
    For the most part, each upgrade will get around half of its full power from quality. There are a few exceptions, where quality is a straight-up multiplier, or not as effective at all.
    Normalized final stat percent of upgrades to end with 0 or 5.
    Credits purchasing actually costs credits now (wow!)
    Range upgrade nerfed (again!)
    Armor upgrade nerfed (for the first and probably last time!)
0.7.0: fixed upgrade scaling being way, way too high.
0.6.3: can buy upgrades with credits. the cost scales exponentially higher for each level of upgrade, which eventually dwarfs the price of going to get the resources yourself.
    add config options for max levels per hullsize. the scaling buffs that each upgrade gives is based on the ship class that has the least (frigate by default has 10 and gets no scaling, while capitals have 25 levels and get a debuff of 0.4). what this means is that each ship class will, at max level (and at common denominators), have equal buffs no matter what you set the config to.
    add config option for keeping levels on ship death.
    nerfed magazines reload speed by a factor of 4 (1 before is now 0.25)
    plasma flux catalyst and spooled feeders now increase flux costs of the opposite weapon type rather than increasing OP costs, which did not work
0.6.2 hotfix: Fixes an issue where player fleet could be null when loading a save.
0.6.1 hotfix: fixes Technology tooltips not upgrading, and Technology upgrades not applying modifiers correctly
0.6.0 heavy refactor and remaster of everything
    added ship modules you can find from salvaging anything that has a nanoforge/some AI cores (not fleets)
    ** you can install a single one of these on any ship for a unique effect
    ** these drops do not affect existing drops of nanoforges and are generated procedurally based on the seed of the sector
    put diminishing returns on most combat upgrades
    added Magazines and Subsystems upgrades
    removed Ordnance upgrade (not possible any more)
    use ship picker dialog plugin API in Starsector GUI to pick ships
    improved save compability!
[close]
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 12:50:59 PM by Iridescens »

atreg

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Extra System Reloaded v.0.1.0
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 05:32:35 PM »

Does the AI also make use of this, or is it player only?

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:15:52 AM »

You can toggle it in the config files
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

Grizzlyadamz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 02:23:20 AM »

Oooh I do love things that ruin carefully-laid balance, gimme!

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 04:29:45 AM »

Does it require a fresh save (or a transferred one)? Both for toggling the mod and for toggling the AI use of it.

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 05:24:23 AM »

Does it require a fresh save (or a transferred one)? Both for toggling the mod and for toggling the AI use of it.

Gonna have to ask the originalmodder / reviver for that
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 05:56:43 PM »

I would say most likely yes
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Iridescens

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 06:53:52 AM »

Actually, no, it doesn't require a new game, by the way code looks like.
It does add buffs, but doesn't change the vanilla things.
The mod is, however, is NOT SAFE to remove mid-game. But can toggle AI-upgrade off and refrain from using upgrades yourself.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2017, 05:41:28 AM »

Thanks for the info.

I have decreased the cost of all upgrades to zero and have been using it differently. Every time I win a battle I apply upgrades on a ship (or the flagship only, still not sure one this) based on how many ships I can recover. For each frigate I can recover I level any skill until it reaches lvl3, destroyers until lvl5, cruisers until lvl8 and capitals until lvl10 (civilian ships excluded). After doing that I scuttle the salvaged ships.

Obviously I didn't code this and operate on a self-enforced rule system but it feels good to tie the whole gain on combat alone, it's like I'm leveling the ship the more I use it.

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »

but it feels good to tie the whole gain on combat alone, it's like I'm leveling the ship the more I use it.

You know... this feels like a really nice idea.

Coriantumr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 01:52:07 AM »

Thank you so much for updating this! This is one of my favorite mods. It makes strict pirate/miner play-throughs a lot funner.

Also, I very much appreciate you adding the pause when exiting the UI. I always load up on a million resources before I upgrade, then burn through hundreds of supplies in the split seconds between upgrading and re-docking. XD

Taurus84

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 04:06:10 AM »

Hello,

I really like that mod idea... I would like to add some changes, but sadly I have no idea about java and so... I cant...

What I would like to see is the following:

Making it so that people not just can upgrade whole categories, but make it more detailed so people can decide to upgrade one value at a time and not just whole value groups.
For example:
As it is you can just upgrade a whole category like durability which is all which is written below included into that one value group
Hullpoints, armor, weapon health, engine health up to 50%
  +Now with EMP resistance up to 40% on Q=1

What I like to have is the option to upgrade just one value at a time... for example JUST armor. With that being made possible I could for example upgrade a ship asynchronous or like it is now still synchronous if I wish to... that way I could make a ship in its role more powerful by raising whole categories (like it is now) or I could upgrade in a manner to give a ship a new role or at least "work out the kinks that hinder it from being really useful in my fleet" which would be possible with a more detailed upgrade system. For example with the detailed system and the durability group split up I could go a upgrade route of Hull +5, armor +2, weapon health +0, engine health +2, EMP +5... and this combined with also the other value groups split up I could fine tune ships more and not just make them generally UBER at some point ^^ Cause I like to "roleplay" SOME upgrades to ship, for a (hefty) price, but I just dont want to make ships TOO easily generally UBER.

With that being said, my next sentence might sound ironic. But I would also like one value more I could raise... Ordnance... I know I know... will ruin the game balance and so on, but a mod like this has the potential to do that already as it is and everyone using it, is responsible for using it the "right" way to not fully ruin the balance and the fun. Also the game balance usually goes also out of the window with mods and I play heavily modded anyway. And especially with all those mod ships and mod weapons I have ships where I would like to have that 1-5 Ordnance points more for example, cause some ships lack behind others by a lot, which is generally ok as the better ships usually have higher price or are more rare to obtain in the first place, but I would also like to go a more or less costly way and pimp the ships I have to bridge a gap or to even make them with long time investment on par or nearly on par "if" I wish to. Also... I see the ship upgrades more as a niche as you have to click trough all those menus to upgrade and getting better (mod) ships is then in return most of the time easier and more cost efficient or in other words, less of a hassle ^^ But still a more fleshed out/detailed upgrade system would bring a lot more fun and variety to this awesome game.

Also... opens up that roleplaying aspect I kinda like some more, as I can play a fleet that hangs on more to its old ships and does upgrade them rather than always taking on new ships.

If someone with the ability to code this will code it, THANK YOU BIG TIME.
I think such a mod would be a great tool for many Starsector players, not just me.

JustinCase

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 06:44:35 AM »

Is there anyone who will update this mod for 0.9a?

assasinwar9

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 10:53:46 AM »

i also would love for this to be updated to 0.9a

JustinCase

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2019, 05:23:52 AM »

I have checked it, and I have totally no idea what is the problem with the fleetcreation. I give you 20$ "Bounty" if you make this mod work with 0.9a.
I need this mod badly, the end game is so flat without it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11