Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Angry's Weapon Tweaks 0.2  (Read 17936 times)

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Angry's Weapon Tweaks 0.2
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:21 AM »

I don't think you have to have the player control the missiles to only allow one salvo at a time
I assume that's why "remote controlled" was in quotes - the player doesn't directly control the missile (though, okay, that'd make for a neat mod specialty weapon); instead, the notion that some un-named crewperson or AI module on the player's ship is controlling the missile is the RP-justification for why only one salvo can be in flight at a time.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Angry's Weapon Tweaks 0.2
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2018, 11:00:45 AM »

I don't think you have to have the player control the missiles to only allow one salvo at a time
Yeah, an old Sega game I played had a missile like that: Double damage but only one in the air at a time
The guided missile idea sounds something like original Contra's laser.  Fire a beam with 8 or so shots (arcade) or 4 shots (NES), but if you press the fire button again, the first beam disappears and you fire another.  Controllers with automatic rapid-fire was useless for that weapon (but nice for the gamebreaker spread cannon).

Or maybe something like assassin's traps from Diablo 2.  You deploy more than the limit, and the oldest trap disappears, replaced by the newest trap.

I guess for Starsector, one salvo at a time for Pilum's would work like Contra's laser gun.  Pilums could have unlimited duration until player fires another salvo, which cause the first three to self-destruct.  Not very useful for Fast Missile Racks system though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]