Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: [0.96a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla - v1.2.4 Balancing  (Read 348440 times)

miro

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:29 AM »

I really love the look of the Copernic, especially the Hegemony Auxiliary version.
Hey brah.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2019, 10:50:48 AM »

Version 0.77 Available (0.91 update)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/785yfi7qxtk8ppw/Stop_Gap_Measure_v0_77.zip?dl=0

It's mostly a update twisting lot of in game stats and rules. Some ships were not spawning at all, mining weapons are more standard beam now, and IM kindly check for all errors in description (a BIG thank you!)

Ship prices have been changed. I'm glad of the new update, as it allow to really show how some ships are "second-rank" in SGM.

Sadly, I had to remove the Impaler (because of the new Shrike (P) ) as well as the Bardot. I found the Bardot was filling a similar role to the Copernic, and too many mods have already proposed a survey Mule.

The Ballista got a new sprite, more Pirate-style, based on civilians ships. I really like how it turned out considering the time I put on it:

The new version will break saves.

And finally, v0.78 will bring many new toys (3 variants, 2 new ships, 4 new weapons) but will take until September to get it done unfortunately.

DiM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2019, 06:59:22 PM »

I think this version broke the mod. When i try to start the game, i get this error message.

Fatal : Ship hull spec [filgap_bardot] not found!
Check starsector.log for more info.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2019, 07:08:13 PM »

When you start the game or you load your save? It's not supposed to happened if you start a new game.

DiM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2019, 03:08:49 AM »

Sorry for the late response. No, i mean, i can't even start the game with the mod enabled.

Zoro89

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2019, 08:56:06 AM »

I think this version broke the mod. When i try to start the game, i get this error message.

I use game version 0.9.1a RC8 with this mod in version 0.77 and everything work fine hm... you start the game only with this mod here?

DiM

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2019, 03:08:27 PM »

I use game version 0.9.1a RC8 with this mod in version 0.77 and everything work fine hm... you start the game only with this mod here?
Hey! Thanks for trying to help. I haven't tried starting the game with only this mod yet. I'll try that and see what happens.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 07, 2019, 10:36:24 AM »

No description for the planets.
It looks like description file is missing single " at the beginning of Sicily description.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 20, 2019, 07:42:00 PM »

Version v0.78 available!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e8zbuk6ivsl2kqi/Stop_Gap_Measure_v0_78.zip?dl=0

Including 2 new ships, a modified version of the Opportunity (with a large universal), 3 new weapons.
I also tinkered a bit with the Starblazer to make it feel different and usefull in regard to others cruiser-sized carriers.
Same thing for the Foundation, which should get specific wings in another update. For now it gets 2 Borer wings instead.

The new weapons probably need some more tweak balance-wise.

I hope to be able to propose a new start option for Luddic-aligned game next update, but need some time to learn basic Java to make it work.

No description for the planets.
It looks like description file is missing single " at the beginning of Sicily description.

Thanks, I fixed it, let me know if any other planets have such problems.

Whitey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2019, 11:29:51 AM »

Thanks for the update!
Is this version compatible with previous saves?

Could I also trouble you to add in the version number right at the top of your OP? I didn't realize there was an update from 0.77b to 0.78(?), I had forgotten that this mod didn't support version checker.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2019, 06:21:34 PM »

Thanks for the update!

Could I also trouble you to add in the version number right at the top of your OP? I didn't realize there was an update from 0.77b to 0.78(?), I had forgotten that this mod didn't support version checker.

I *think* it should be fine, as there is no removal of older ships in this update.
If by any chance anyone knows how I can comply to Version Checker, I would be happy to oblige.

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2019, 08:28:05 PM »

Thanks for the update!

I *think* it should be fine, as there is no removal of older ships in this update.
If by any chance anyone knows how I can comply to Version Checker, I would be happy to oblige.

You might wanna check that out here http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8181.0, under the Instructions for modders who want their mod to support this: section. It has a detailed guide there.
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Ridan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2019, 02:46:15 AM »

Matsar coupled with Fast Missile Racks feels broken - its got an insane burst, is very good at sustained pressure, and even AI is pretty good at running it. Fast Missile Racks allow to just spam it whenever you want, or save up charges for burst.
Mod also provides a Triumph - an optimal platform to run that combo, although Triumph itself is not a problem.

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2019, 07:18:19 AM »

Matsar coupled with Fast Missile Racks feels broken - its got an insane burst, is very good at sustained pressure, and even AI is pretty good at running it. Fast Missile Racks allow to just spam it whenever you want, or save up charges for burst.
Mod also provides a Triumph - an optimal platform to run that combo, although Triumph itself is not a problem.

First, I'm glad the AI is somehow able to use it, I wasn't sure so far, as most of the time I found the AI struggle to deal with missiles launcher.
I can understand it feels broken, it was (in part) intended...  It's really a higher-end over-the-top weapon for player use (and abuse). Still, the weapon cost a lot of OP, it's a large weapon, and this weapons is really hard to find, and harder to spam at a fleet scale. I think there is no other ship than the Triumph to use this combo in vanilla-friendly mods (the way I play SS), excpet for the Vandetta in Disassemble Reassemble.
Spoiler
It's all AxleMC131 fault! He gave me the idea! :D
[close]
Anyway, I guess the system could use limited ammo instead of infinite recharge.

Ridan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2019, 03:09:18 PM »

First, I'm glad the AI is somehow able to use it, I wasn't sure so far, as most of the time I found the AI struggle to deal with missiles launcher.
I can understand it feels broken, it was (in part) intended...  It's really a higher-end over-the-top weapon for player use (and abuse). Still, the weapon cost a lot of OP, it's a large weapon, and this weapons is really hard to find, and harder to spam at a fleet scale. I think there is no other ship than the Triumph to use this combo in vanilla-friendly mods (the way I play SS), excpet for the Vandetta in Disassemble Reassemble.
Spoiler
It's all AxleMC131 fault! He gave me the idea! :D
[close]
Anyway, I guess the system could use limited ammo instead of infinite recharge.
I think I got a few from random Black Market, not even exploration.
Vindicators from SWP is probably the easiest way to deploy the combo, and they will punch way way above their weight in DP - dismantling capitals and even stations with relative ease.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17