Fractal Softworks Forum
June 24, 2018, 02:24:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Pirate Bases, Raids, and Objectives (06/12/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Stop Gap Measure - Ships for Vanilla  (Read 12508 times)
MajorTheRed
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2018, 09:55:03 AM »

@stormbringer951
thanks for the feedback. For the charged laser, I want a weapon with a little bit more of punch per shot and higher range than pulse laser, with the obvious feeling that this is an old weapon with many drawback. Here is a suggestion to fix it : cost 12 OP instead of 9, range drop to 750, turn rate quite diminished, and if necessary, adjust rate of fire and/or damage per shot to lower its dps.
I find the exercice quite difficult: making new weapons, not broken, not useless, with more of a niche role in comparison to vanilla one.

@Sarissofoi
Thanks for checking, I will ask Alex about that.

For the coilgun: I will look to change in name. Now I give a new look at it, it looks like more like a railgun in reality... because , well, it has rails on each side....
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 02:38:19 PM by MajorTheRed » Logged
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2018, 04:01:44 PM »

I see the Starblazer has a D-mod (Damaged Flight Deck). Ships that have D-mods don't show up in the codex - it's hard coded into the game as such. Not rightly sure why, but the same thing came up just the other day in the Discord.

Out of interest, why does it have Damaged Flight Deck?

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
MajorTheRed
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2018, 08:24:19 PM »

Quick answer: its effect in-game mimic what I intended for the ship : a civilian design unable to replace fast enough fighter losses. Now you mentioned it, I wonder if it would not be better with a Converted Hangar hullmod instead. Yeah I think it is what I had in mind.
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 02:16:51 AM »

Definitely go for Converted Hangar. For a start, it makes more general sense, and is often used in that way already. Second, you can't Restore it away as you could with Damaged Flight Deck. D-mods should be restricted only to actual damaged vessels, as opposed to "vessels that need a nerf".

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
MajorTheRed
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 02:37:46 PM »

Small fix (v0.62)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/lstl934h3b2il8p/Stop_Gap_Measure_v0.62.rar/file

List of changes:
-Starblazer has Converted Hangar instead of Damaged Deck. IT should now show up in the Codex. Thanks to AxleMC131 for helping on this one!
-Saturation launcher: changed behavior, the IA should not be launching it stupidly now (need to be verified)
-Charged Laser: OP increased to 11, higher flux/shot, slightly decreased damage/shot, worst turn rate
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: