Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Volantian Reclamation Initiative 0.5.1 "Neon Genesis Volantian"  (Read 58119 times)

sawert42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Volantian Reclamation Initiative 0.5.1 "Neon Genesis Volantian"
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2024, 02:26:08 AM »

Hey dude, i think you need to look into Cressida special ability, cause i don't think it's mine laying ability should have 1 sec cd with systems expertise while phased, as it's stands rn it's objectively better Doom.

Also when Blanche is trying to take the ship from you this happens https://imgur.com/a/vqidM9Y, even if you agree the ship will remain in your fleet

Onyx_sand

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2024, 03:45:09 AM »

i noticed the same, the mine laying special is extremely fast, it's capable of overwhelm most of enemy ship.
when you have like 2 of the mine laying phase ships in your battle, it can cripple the mobility of cruisers and larger ships since the AI will avoid moving when it's surrounded by dozens of mines, then it will die slowly to the constant mine spam that most PD system cant handle fast enough. when facing these ships as enemy, i had to rush them down as well because they may the same to my ships if they have officers on them.

touchofvanilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2024, 07:55:52 AM »

Hey dude, i think you need to look into Cressida special ability, cause i don't think it's mine laying ability should have 1 sec cd with systems expertise while phased, as it's stands rn it's objectively better Doom.

Also when Blanche is trying to take the ship from you this happens https://imgur.com/a/vqidM9Y, even if you agree the ship will remain in your fleet

i noticed the same, the mine laying special is extremely fast, it's capable of overwhelm most of enemy ship.
when you have like 2 of the mine laying phase ships in your battle, it can cripple the mobility of cruisers and larger ships since the AI will avoid moving when it's surrounded by dozens of mines, then it will die slowly to the constant mine spam that most PD system cant handle fast enough. when facing these ships as enemy, i had to rush them down as well because they may the same to my ships if they have officers on them.

Good to know, thank you!

I'm considering getting rid of the cressida entirely given how out-of place it is with other high tech phase ships, also I've tried balancing it like four times now.
-Vanilla

coleroni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2024, 10:19:28 PM »

cute? in MY sector? more likely than I thought!

bibigun23

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2024, 12:34:02 AM »

I'm considering getting rid of the cressida entirely given how out-of place it is with other high tech phase ships, also I've tried balancing it like four times now.

Even if it's OP don't just throw it away. Instead you could exclude it from use and turn it a "console command only" ship for those who just want to spice up their game.. If they use console there is no balance anyways   8).

SolariumOnTheMoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2024, 06:55:26 PM »

Very Cool images.

touchofvanilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
-Vanilla

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2024, 07:11:13 AM »

o.O I get 0 pointer exceptions when I find VLI modifications of vanilla hulls as generated derelicts.
E: random sector, apparently it's only for the first derelict of that kind I manage to find? Second one behaved like normal salvage. I guess the first one has something happening or pointing to something or somewhere?
E2: Mmm, always the first one I guess.

(file autodelete/s after 3 months)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 07:21:07 AM by Dadada »

touchofvanilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2024, 07:29:11 AM »

o.O I get 0 pointer exceptions when I find VLI modifications of vanilla hulls as generated derelicts.
E: random sector, apparently it's only for the first derelict of that kind I manage to find? Second one behaved like normal salvage. I guess the first one has something happening or pointing to something or somewhere?
E2: Mmm, always the first one I guess.

(file autodelete/s after 3 months)

Yeah, this is supposed to generate intel to point you to a specific star system (like vanilla's exploration logs) that does not generate in random sector. It only triggers for the first derelict you find because there's not point in generating the same intel several times.
-Vanilla

SolariumOnTheMoon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2024, 06:28:37 PM »

Is the Curator meant to be a combat ship? It looks like a combat ship but when I click to deploy all combat ships they aren't included, is this intentional?

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2024, 01:50:00 PM »

How does this faction stand balance-wise?  Like how does it compare to vanilla and vanilla adjacent factions?

Richared

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2024, 06:48:22 PM »

Hey, just a heads up, the 'Prism' is misspelled in game, and is called 'prsm'

touchofvanilla

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2024, 07:14:47 AM »

Is the Curator meant to be a combat ship? It looks like a combat ship but when I click to deploy all combat ships they aren't included, is this intentional?

The curator is meant to be a logistic ship- hence the built-in salvage gantry and surveying equipment.

How does this faction stand balance-wise?  Like how does it compare to vanilla and vanilla adjacent factions?

I believe I answered this question in the discord, but balance is still somewhat shaky- especially with the new azorian hullmods (working on them!). I'm mostly trying to hinge my balancing and stats off of vanilla, but modded stuff always has a way of being powerful. As of right now, i'd say that VRI is balanced as they're currently implemented but in player hands, it tends to be abused quite easily.

Hey, just a heads up, the 'Prism' is misspelled in game, and is called 'prsm'

for some reason, the hull markets love to shorten 'Prismatic (VRI)' to 'prsm (VRI)'. Not really sure what to do about it.
-Vanilla

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2024, 02:45:24 PM »

Sounds awesome, thanks!

Baren

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 05, 2024, 08:59:52 PM »

For some reason. I'm experiencing a bug where the option to buy the volantian blueprints are no longer available. I managed to bought the standard blueprints. After which a significant amount of time has passed before I returned to buy the rest of the blueprints, only to find the option is not there. The only other special option thats available is the purchasing a nanoforge option. What's happening? I'm currently cooperative with both the VRI and blanche herself. Yet the option to buy blueprints remains unseen.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]