Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Ruthless Sector 1.1.8 - Rewards Proportional to Risks  (Read 6244 times)

Thaago

• Admiral
  • Quantum Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: [0.9.1a] Ruthless Sector 1.1.7 - Rewards Proportional to Risks
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 02:48:20 PM »

Can confirm: doubled range on the automated defenses makes them much, much more dangerous.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Ruthless Sector 1.1.8 - Rewards Proportional to Risks
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2019, 10:42:48 PM »

Download Ruthless Sector 1.1.8

Fixed possibility for retreating to result in an "impressive victory"
Improved accuracy of ship-strength estimation for non-player [REDACTED] ships, including those added by mods

A note about how the strength of [REDACTED] ships are now estimated:
(WARNING: The spoiler below contains actual (but minor) spoilers)
Spoiler
Ship strength estimations are used for determining battle difficulty, so it's important that they're fairly accurate.
The strength estimation of most ships is equal to the supplies required to deploy them, but that value is inaccurate for many non-player factions, like Remnants, Domain Drones, and Blade Breakers (from Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering). To remedy this, the strength of any ship with the UNBOARDABLE tag will be estimated based on Fleet Points instead, but adjusted in order to match deployment cost values according to this formula:
ship_strength = FP * max(1, min(2, 1 + (FP - 5) / 25))
[close]

Thaago

• Admiral
  • Quantum Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2019, 03:57:57 PM »

Hmm, I would have to investigate the fleet point costs, but I think it undervalues Remnant battleships by quite a bit. Had a deep space patrol with 1 Remnant battleship, 1 cruiser, 2 destroyers, and 4 frigates against my exploration fleet of Eagle, Apogee, Falcon, Shrike, and 3 frigates marked as a 2 star threat. By weight of ship its reasonably even, but nothing in my fleet can touch a Remnant battleship (no SO cheese and I'm not a combat build this time round) so, fighting that fleet is almost certainly a wipe.

[Edit] Lol yes, tried the fight to test. It was a 5 Autopulse + Extended Racks + Harpoon Pod variant with an officer: teleports in and 1 shots each cruiser from full health to dead :D. No way this can check variants and accurately see whats up (not even sure if they are assigned before encounter), but a Remnant battleship with that loadout is probably a 100+ FP threat.

[Edit #2] Well, maybe not! Tried it again the second time, and after it wasted a bunch of shots on a frigate the Kinetics + Ion beams on my Eagle and Falcon locked it down! A vastly different outcome the second fight. That said, it was a 77% fight (before the penalty for reloading), which is a bit low considering the first time I tried it it was a teleporting fleet wipe :P
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 04:10:45 PM by Thaago »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2019, 05:22:08 PM »

Yeah, that seems a bit lopsided to me too, but the strength estimation for a Radiant should be the same as a Paragon, which I don't think is too far off. I can see a fleet like that only getting two stars if you have a high character level and a lot of good officers while the remnant fleet doesn't, but I'll have to do some more thorough testing to make sure the strength of unboardable ships is being assessed correctly. Also, there's a possibility that the danger stars weren't overridden. I've caught that happening before, but haven't identified the exact cause yet.

ShipFleet Points   Strength Estimation   Deployment Points   
Lumen  89.04
Glimmer89.05
Fulgent 1215.411
Scintilla1215.412
Brilliant1623.025
Radiant3060.040
Pages: 1 2 [3]