Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: DF Let's Play/Bloodline: Boldroads, thorn of the Necromancers  (Read 28039 times)

Lakis

• Lieutenant
  • I shall offend all of them!
    • View Profile
Nokgolrith (Riddlebells) -- The short tale of Viymese.
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2018, 07:49:04 PM »

Year 253-01-02
I’ve come to the comely little fortress in search of my adopted brother, the catman known as Azmond, and as a human have found my presence to be… Tolerated at best.

However, it seems that they trust me enough that I’m allowed to stay and make myself useful. I think I shall start Smoothing the pathways of the living quarters and making the place look a little more polished. It’ll be hard work, but I think that can be done…

I’ve heard the others talk of making a large storage area for the Smithers to have their ore near-by, but we’ll see what happens… The place is more akin to a colony of ants that talk rather than a Monarchy that the dwarves normally practice in their Moutainhomes…

Year 253-02-06

A horrid smell wafts across the land as dwarves come running into the fortress, “The goblins are here, they’re here!”

A VILE FORCE OF DARKNESS APPROACHES!

The Force was massive, and the stank of unwashed goblin, beak dog, and troll gagged those who didn’t have the stomach for it. I wretched as I looked upon them form the fortress ramparts… “Aye… Th’y ‘ere…”

The dwarves too far out were shut out of the fortress, swarmed and mutilated in short order. Our traps worked and the murderpit performed, the thing is full of the horde as they try to get within the fortress. Creatures are caged in traps meant for the local fauna, and after a few days or weeks... I can't recall...

Nothing. They died in the murder pit, the weremoose driven to transform at the scent of blood...

That's honestly all that's been recorded since then...

The month after, I've gotten a tavern steup in the surface of the fortress reserved for the normies, I've started a number of massive Smoothing and Mining Projects, and I've started work on a Library...

My time as Over-Dwarf of Nokgolrith has been short and full of activity, but I feel that my time is best spent doing my work in the forges. There was also a dwarf who was hit with a mysterious mood, but nothing of great note came of it... Just a Cross-bow club combo, nothing more...

Below is a link to the album I've made recording the state of the Fortress at this time.

https://imgur.com/a/lhc5T

OOC:

There's likely more I've forgotten, but I don't have the time or inclination to honestly keep persuing the game at this time. Heck, I barely manage to touch Star sector or any other game...
http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=8100.0 - Metelsons Faction Mod - Occasional contributor - mostly a cold dead planet.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
  • I'm but a woman with a pencil.
    • View Profile
Re: DF Bloodline Game: Nokgolrith (Riddlebells)
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 11:23:07 PM »

Spoiler
253-04-18
---------

Well, Dewey found me- surprisingly the fellow is still on stils and thinks I'm his brother -and it's nice to have him! He was a good break, and did pretty well. I didn't have to give him too much help, aum, save fro the siege. after that though, the bugger didn't do very well so I took over for him part way through the year. Seeing what he has been doing I think he was doing pretty well if a bit, overboard. Particularly with running the mining operations, still, he did very well for what it was! I'm happy to say he succeded! Even if he gave it back to me ultimately.

...  Some time later ...

We've a forgoten beast!... oh goody goody goody, not much we c-

and migrants not a moment later!!!

253-04-19
---------

Another forgotten beast... Oh goodie goodie.
Also, the "pets" of goblins and beakdogs didn't want to be sold off, so, we've decided to kill them instead. Bad gobbos get put-down!

253-05-01
----------

The drain is coming along well and the murder-pit will be usable with the Flooding system we put together. Speaking of which I need to get that lever set up... If I can, I'll make it blue and put a not on it.

253-06-06
---------

One of the mini midgets went off screaming from his room like a piglet when he got an idea. Kamut please give my ears back, I need them... and please kill that kid's vocals! half the hall was on the floor groaning from the pain of the little flocker.

253-06-17
----------

after screeching around the fortress- Armok give me strength. . . -the flocking nitwit found his bones, great! Now shut up, before I take a mace to your skull child!

253-06-19
----------

The wall is done by the way, we're going to have to make a "lid" of sorts, prevent some of the more... Enthusiastic, dwarves from climbing OVER and into a pit of murder when we get the marksdwarves set up at some point.  Also, I've begun to work on finding some more limonite an hematite ore near the furnace layers.

253-06-22
---------

Welp, the mini-midget made an amulet, useless, but, atleast it's pretty! I'm going to look into getting some display cases going... Have a Artifact-temple of sorts maybe, yeah, yeah... that'd be good.

253-07-01
--------

Welp, got a training ground set up outside for the wackers and the like. Armok knows it'll help with the damn cave-adaption.

253-07-04
---------

Goblins came, about 4 all seemed to have been pedophiles though... and thankfully didn't get ANYONE but, I'll be damed the bastards got away. Still, I think it's time to pay  a few "respects" to a nearby goblin place pit.
Particularly since the goblins seem to be on a war-march. The wunders and lordly purples will be sent out to a little place called...

Citysins is a small settelment... While I don't think they'll be up for the larger mass of goblins later I'd also like them not tobe some ass-long-months away from the fortress in the event of a seige! So, a little home bound raiding would be good I feel. Might even make a squad of the best and send them out for the more interesting artifacts.

good luck you wacky purple wonders!

253-08-10
----------

Well, the traders are off. they kept asking for an artifact! Oh HELL no were we going to let them have Yoshi's crossbow! The ursiting fellow hasn't even gotten to shoot it yet! I gave them double their profits adn sent them off or, rather I let them get back to chatting up.
While I was outside managing some of the wall a Beak-dog and several goblins actually got loose! Surprisnigly... Unsurprisingly, the dwarves made short work of the green bastard.

253-08-13
----------

Wunder... seems to have been killed in the mission to Citysins. I don't know what to expect there, but... I'm asking a few of the dwarves if anyone could volunteer to take the job. A dwarf by the name of "Abyz" took on the job. Let's hope he can find wunder's corpse. . . He was a close friend here to many in the fortress, and one of the first dwarves to help me settele this place. I'll be damned if beak-dogs get to dine on his corpse.

253-09-02
----------

the migrants have come... Usually this would be great but... I really don't know.  If there's enough of them I'll make a spear-dwarf squad full-time. Always good to have a few stabbers, maybe swords instead.
Wunder's tomb is almost ready and I've been making Steel armor for Abyz to use on his way out.

253-09-06
----------

I wonder if Wunder is behind this. . .  A dwarf is possessed adn has taken a mason's shop. AByz's armor is almost done... Now for a weapon.

253-09-19
----------

He made a rather impressive bed, it's not very interesting though.

253-11-16
----------

Welp, it's almost the end of the year, we've a hammer ready and then some for Abyz, but he'll need to wait for the road to be finished to avoid any troubles. Shouldn't be too long. It'll help keep the fortress safe to boot, the "road" is more of a floor, but, it'll keep trees from growing too close.

253-12-2  to 12-06
-----------------

I was really hoping to avoid having a were-creature again, but... of course, fate has other ideas. A were bull has come!

The Ursiting flocker killed  Starschulz and finally after several deaths (and then some) the military waddled up from the doors. Honestly, I'm going to have to make a squad specifically for fast attacks... Spear-men will be made up, maybe it's time ot make the Hegemonic guard exactly that.  I'll set up a Persian Pursits squad for personal training adn have vet from one of the other squads be a full-time trainer.

253-12-06
--------

With the 4 infected still alive, I've put them all into a squad and sealed them up... Or will be before they turn. after they turn, we'll give them maces and put them in the pit... Maybe expand it to avoid issues of self-implosion of the squad.

253-12-19
---------

Forgotten beast, hall, almost didn't get away

The rest of the journal is torn or soaked in some blood.
. . .
After this, the journal shows only minor entries of the fortress and basic upkeep for the next few months as things are put together for Abyz to serach for wunder's corpse. In the book are several designs that will be considered later... The journal is left un-touched for some while.
Inside there's many sketches of the fort with notes on deisgn and other subjects that aren't legible.

Spoiler

[close]

The next jounral shall be the jounral of the dwarf known as Abyz, as he searches for Wunder's corpse in Citysins.
[close]

You want graphics by the way? Take this poll-vote! Spoiled for Space
Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:28:01 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DF Bloodline Game: PENDING
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2018, 01:16:28 AM »

Due to a bug- or my incompetentce -or something else entirely the fortress is flooded. The back up saves are broken and so the fortress in the fourm game is now null. . .
Spent the better part of the hour in the Kanta's den in discord trying to figure the urist out WHY and HOW and coming to only a few straws to grasp at.
So... Yeah.
New world, new fort.  One without a Ursiting Aquifer-layer that suddenly re-Ursting-activates!
As optimistc an loopy as I am generally. This was painfull and frustating. Losing is fun, but only when it's something you did within the game. Not from  a sudden change in the rules.
No aquifers and suddenly Several ursting dozen of them.
So.
Yeah.

There'll be a new world and I'll take a few votes here and the Discord about what to do. I'll release Metelson's shortly after.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 10:55:33 AM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DF Bloodline Game: Walledpuzzle "Adilluslem"
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 11:09:31 PM »

First post will come at some point. Midterms and mod and more going to stall it.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2018, 01:31:14 PM »

Sigh...
Let's try this again shall we?

The First year of: Walledpuzzle "Adilluslem"

Spoiler
250-01

I really need to lay off the shrooms, that dream was Ursiting trippy. I had a dream I was being flooded out in some sort'a... hall. Everything was twinkling.

250-01-10

I was traded off to the dwarves of Teacheredwheels. A trading town it seemed. The elves didn' last long and I was given a home an a job. One of the crazy-cat-ladies convinced them to lemme stay-on rather than be butchered or gelded. Instead, I was put on as an apprentice smith, something I excelled in strangely. So, we were sent down south into enemy territory to watch the western-peaks of The Eternal Mountain range by the Tempted Plains and Untamed Hills.

250-02-22

Welp, we're here finally... It's a nice peak an we've iron in the rocks! it is EVERYWHERE!  I wonder how much I'll be able to learn on my own though. For some reason I think I'll be fine but, there's still that nagging voice.
Oh well, time to start digging.

250-02-23

Well, we're starting to dig into the mountain-peak. the walls of Magnetite are awesome to view! The pines and fir trees we have only further enhance that sense of awe... Really, I don't want to go back under-ground... I'll ask the dwarves if they wouldn't mind the idea of an above ground fortress.

I'll get some plan's brought up for some of the others.

253-04-04

We lost Chmini today... We heard the crash an that was it. The guy didn't get so much as a scream out before being burried under a mound of chert. We'll work on a tomb for him, seal it up when all is said an done.

250-04-13

Cums picked up Chimni's pick an started to help with digging... I hope he doesn't die next. But, I've been working on smoothing out Chimni's tomb. It's a modest little pit in the ground really. But, I think it'll be fitting for him. neltab agreed before going off to the new dorms to sleep in one of the beds.
Surge has his offices now an we can start working on making some more materials to build the first buildings for the castle belay I suppose.

250-06-10

Welp, we're getting the trade-depot set up an the fortress is coming along well for the most part.  We'll have to make a few towers outside the fortress for the elves when they start getting whiff of our opperations here. Eventually I hope we've enough man-power to keep the ground to ourselfves. The trees are a boon in charcol for smithing an food alike.

We've here the depot across from the Hegemonic Guards' Barracks. Some of the migrants we got also are legendry weaponsmiths! I wonder what they made on their way to greatness... REally, this is going to be a boon later on when we get the forges up finally.

250-07-017

Welp, the traders came, nothing worth while an having no depo, the liasion came up, told us what he could an then they went off I think.

250-7-18

Oooh, guess not! Let's see what we can get put together for'em real-quick.

250-07-24

welp, the walls for the fortification are coming up. Should help keep us safe from the outside. Mabye we can make a few homes up top as well for the farmers... Still haven't found the caverns yet.

250-08-14

Migrants came. Not many, but, hey. More the merrier.

250-10-01

Welp, the castle rooms had been hallowed out. I'll be getting a room near the forges. The forges will be placed outside in on the roof-tops of the inner buildings. Likewise we've gotten the farms put together.

A lot of stuff has happened really... I guess we'll need to get the military training up on some spears at least. We can get them going on training spears so, why not?

250-10-14

Welp, woke up to the scream of a monkey and the howling of dogs... Time for the Cums to get to work it seems, with whatever dwarves we have... Honestly, I can't wait till we get some forges going.

It was great fun to watch the Hegemonic Cats to after the monkeys, heck, I even got a punch or two in and surge, Kebul above. Remind me not to tick'im off. He made a monkey's head burst into GORE!... Not going to be washing that off easy, ueagh.

250-12-18

A cave-in happened, but, hey, it's fine. No one is dead, wikifish was a little too close for comfort but, hey, it's fine from what I can see.  the forges are up by the way! and we're starting to work on getting the hegeomnic Cats some actual spears an armor going! I'll be working ont he armor and another dwarf will be working on the weapons. Maybe titmouse himself.

251-01-01

With the end of the year, things have gone well. A murder-pit entry has been set up for when the elves finally get wind of this place an we'll need to start work on getting a round'the'clock watch-men going... Maybe have dogs assined to every dwarf. I dunno. I'll have to figure it all out. In the mean time here is a look at the last year of the fortress.

Spoiler

[close]
[close]
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:47:05 PM by Azmond »

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2018, 08:09:52 PM »

New fort is looking good Azmond

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2018, 09:13:16 PM »

Thank you, I hope this time it won't be flooded...
Also, consider yourself dorfed because you commented and I want to get more fourm members into it as well. mostly been pulling from the discord. xD

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2018, 10:59:30 PM »

Just a heads up, the mod and this thread aren't dead... Just...On Hiatus, mainly from the fact that I have finals.

EDIT:

Updates will be weekly at the VERY best... Otherwise, expect them more monthly or bi-weekly.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 10:04:24 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2018, 11:22:49 AM »

After several weeks of being away from Dwarf Fortress, Azmond the Catman overseer comes back:

"What the hell was I doing again?"

Year 2 of Adiluslem and it's growing war against the Elves.

Spoiler

251-01-01

With the end of the year, things have gone well. A murder-pit entry has been set up for when the elves finally get wind of this place an we'll need to start work on getting a round'the'clock watch-men going... Maybe have dogs assined to every dwarf. I dunno. I'll have to figure it all out. In the mean time here is a look at the last year of the fortress.

251-01-19

Netllab is getting the bridge done... Finally. time to get working on that an then some of the other features of the fortress. The pit has begun to be smoothed out as well and I really have to wonder what we'll be doing with the elves that get stuck in that pit... ... We're also going to need to work on getting some wooden-spikes on the bottom of it or for traps. Maybe use their own weapons against them, hehehe. Augh... At the moment I need more coal.

251-02-02(?)

Ended up fighting some damn monkeys... it wasn't very pleasent. The damn things got me pretty good in the teeth a few times. We'll have to start sheering the sheep for some wool. The damned primates got my clothes an ripped them to shreds! luckily I didn't lose a tooth or nothing, so that's good. I'll make a few more bits of armomr for the dwarves and make some metal spears for a defense training force of sorts later down the line. This far into enemy territory, we're going to need it some how or another.

251-02-24

Migrants! a whole-
Uristing armok on a platter for the elven king... Welp, Nelttab is dead. I'm thinking it's from a tree as he was digging out from under the ground. I'm not sure thought... I'm going to stop all mining operations to clear-cut the woods near-by to try an avoid a similar incident.

... we have 23 migrants I think last time I counted. lost count when I heard the cave-in. For armok's sake.

251-03-06

Ho-ho! Seems that wikifishy has a idea in that pink squishy head of his. Let's hope it's any good... If we've the right workshop for him at leas- oh, mason's shop. Okay! Let's see what he gets.

An with a boluder of chert an some Magnetite ore he's off to work.
that's good.

251-21-03

Time for the Hegemonic Cat's to prove their training... A were-kangaroo came up to the forterss, a poor labourdwarf caught sight of him before it got too close to the fortress.... Oh dear.

251-04

I've lost track of time... we lost cums, abyz and a whole lot of other good dwarves to that damned beast. We were able to kill the wretch though, and vengeance was ours. Avantaia had been bitten, an while I wished they had lived, I'm glad they didn't suffer long. The beast bent them into a preztal before running off... I've asked wiki-fish to find a tunnle and we've started work on getting into the water down below the surface.

Hopefully no-one dies while we dig a proper hospital for them.

251-04-02

Welp, we've hit another cavern, this one was closer... the only way I can think to help deal with it is to get into it and seal it up so we can make a functioning hospital. This'll take a bit of consideration.
The good news is the church to the goddess Lek, the goddess of Fortresses. it is a small, humble dewelling, but it will suffice the goddess I'd like to think.

251-04-13

Good Kebul, Wikifish decided to try an live up to his name an ended up in the underground lake we were trying to tap for water! luckily for him, he wasn't lying when he said he could swim.
He dug his way out an hopfully we can block the tunnel up to avoid any surprises coming out from that way... Otherwise, we found the cavern, awesome!...

Not much else though, not a single ore to be seen it seems. Still, we're buried in iron here, so, heh, i'm not too worried.

251-04-15

An elf-hater by the name of Oddom engigmuthkat, a goblin, wishes to join us... and I'll not say no, infact, several of the others agreed to this as well.

251-04-19
Oh great armok why! WHY WHY WHY!  A dwarf was bitten an had tried to hide it and the uristing elf-lover has now turned into a were-kangaroo!!! OH ARMOK WHY!!!

251-04-21
I've banished him... We don't need him around here... I told him to pack up and go into the elven fortresses to the east, to go out killing as many of them as he could.

May Armok grant him a proper death.

251-05-01

Welp... The Ursiting lover didn't want to go, infact, he begun to wale on the helpless metelson dwarf that was resting in a bed!
Actually, he was killed by the Magical Counting Shell (I still have no idea why she wants to be called that...) an several others who heard the poor metelsondwarf's screams.

Well... That's one problem solved, right?

--- Some time later ---

251-05-22

We've 8 more migrants... well, let's hope they all can work an don't mind all the corpses... Speaking of which I need to have someone make some coffins... I'll be damned if I let the buzzards an birds around her peck corpses dry. That, actaully gives me an idea. The temple.

The temple will house our dead below it's floors, yes... YES, lek- the god of Fortresses, War, and Valor -has given us the Mighty Sanctum to house the dead, and to comfort the living of the war that we must wage!

I'll be hard at work making the weapons for lek's Luddities....

251-06-21

We had a troll kill one of the visiting monster-hunters, poor sod died squealing like a pigglet.

251-07-02

Autumn is here, meaning the supply caravan might come through, then again it might not. Who knows... as it stands, we just need to get soem stuff made for'em.

251-07-14

... They came, and then left just as quickly, what the hell? Oh well, the liasion told us they had gotten a massive order from the queen to go north bound for a trade or something, I dunno... I just overheard something.

251-08-05

Welp, we've 7 more migrants who've come to join our cause... We'll see what we can do with'em, if anything I'll have'em be labour dwarves, All of them. We need people to put the watch-towers together for the Elven mence, to avoid having them sneak up on us... I remember their tactics, and I don't want a repeat of them.

251-09?

I gave th order to make some wooden spikes for the trap-pit... Going to bed.

251-09-25

A dowarf went fey today, took a craftdwarves shop. not sure what they're gonn'a do but, hey,so long as Moldath makes something.

Months pass, the journal is filled with random scribbles and quick doodles. A frenzy of activity seems to have taken over the cat-man...

Welp, heres the end of the fortress for year 251.
I got the top of the castle done, needs a roof so the uristin' dwarves don't go rambo off the rook. That or hatches an we'll use it as a look-out, who knows...

Starting a kill-zone roof in that little area of black near the fortifications to the front... I also have a few grates in place to try an combat cave-adaption, which has been working so far.

Making beds for all the rooms and I'll be making more rooms while I'm at it on the south-side of the fortress. Maybe noble rooms. North-bound we've a few outlying watchtowers I have in mind, that and I've beem making it inpossible to noramlly climb up the sides of the fortress. AS far as I can tell i have been at least...

An then we've the bottome kill-zone/Court-yard/Trade/Barracks thing I have going...
It isn't going very well at the moment, I've monkey corpses to clean, dwarves to bury still.. But I've the briges ready to go up in the event of a seige. :)

The hatches to the south which are those gray blocks with a "Cent" sign lead down to the murder-hall which leads to the murder-pit.Eventually there'll be more *** here, at the moment it's a hospital, some storage, and the start of the murder-pit. as well as a tomb I have to aum, empty, as I'd rather not have Fantastic Chimni rotting there forever.

The murder pit itself is a series of blocks that'll have elves go over traps an then hopefully fall off into a pit where they will then starve to death or die trying to climb out. Because *** the elves.
If they don't die being speared on wood spikes on first way down.
Beacuse agian;

Damn the elves.

This is the VERY bottom of the pit and the hall of traps that an elven army would have to go through to get to us.... I'm thinking of filling it with sharp pointy wood, or more appropriately. Iron Axe traps.

And I will NEVER run out of iron practically speaking... I've *** loads of it. I'm even using it at the moment for certian crafts- mainly coffins. As a magnetite coffin for dwarves that've died seems very fitting... Or a High-wood casket just to *** of the elves further in death.
I have 3 whole levels of it.
aaaaaaaan yet nothing else!... So, that's fun.
well... I've gems, but, yeah, not many gem cutters at the moment.

As for the dwarves well, here's a list of those that I've finally gotten a coffin for.

and here's a list of those that're still alive. if you're wanting to be dwarfed let me know. I may have missed some names, so, let me know if you want to be named and I'll do so.  if you want to die I'll put you in the military or mining, and otherwise I'll just make you a crafter or something I need... Or a useless baby, I don't know.

[close]

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2018, 07:18:13 PM »

Just a friendly reminder that this is a blood-game still and if people would like to join up they may. Otherwise I'll get to this game when things settle down a bit more.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2018, 04:08:26 PM »

In which, many a lizard comes to destroy the fortress in vain, but,

"WHY DO YOU KEEP KILLING EACH OTHER?!"
They still get the last laugh

Year 3 of Adiluslem and it's ever growing war against the Elves.

Spoiler
252-01-01:

It's the first of the year. So far the end of year celebrations have gone well and all the dead have been put to rest... Well, nearly. We've still got a corpse or two that're out in the field wasting away till one of the very drunk dwarves finally comes out to get the corpse.

The temple has been started as well... I'll need to get some silver or something to make a few statutes.

252-01-09
Well, well, the year starts off well with a child- a baby at 3! -having struck with an idea! It seems Lumash the god of Chaos has given this scamp an idea. Let's hope the fellow makes something worth talk in the halls.

It was a craft'sDwarf shop they took and then some wood before getting to work.

Let's hope it's a menacing spike...

252-01-15

Bah, it was a ring... Worthless for us, but the ring is made of wood and anything that'll tick off the elves the better.

252-01-28
It's the end of the month and migrants have come from the north!

252-02-05
About... 20 more refugees... We need to get the fortress locked up. But this point I think we've enough people that the elves won't be happy to simply ignore us.

252-03-12
Welp, I've almost finished the fortifications in the front and the Kill-zone is almost done. Like-wise the front-most watch-tower is almost complete, just need's a cap and a living area in the bottom for the guards I plan to station there permanently.

Otherwise, we're on our way to fighting the elven menace.

252-04-02

Well, the fortifications are done and I'm starting work on the murder-hall. We'll need to start working on the spikes at the bottom as well. I'm pretty sure that most elen bastards will live, but, who knows really till someone DOES finally fall down into that pit.

252-04-17

Well-well, we've a mayor now! The Mechanic has gotten himself made up into the elections or otherwise got people happy to have him. So, I'll have the gents make him a room near the dining-hall or something in th' back.

252-05-09

Migrants came, about 9 of them this time. All 9 of them can do soemthing good, but I'm going to hae a few of them become miners and Siege Operators an have them go between training and mining.

252-05-27

ooh, the end of summer and we've gotten a fey dwarf! I hope he makes something good! Now back to making these iron picks... I have an idea for them for the military in mind...

06-05

Well, he finished the bones but'a.... they're sort'a plain. Oh well, at least they look pretty.

07-11

The Traders have come! hopfully they won't just up and leave again... It's really starting to get to me when they just... up an decide to leave! Why come here if you're just going to LEAVE?!?!

Still, other than that I've gotten a chain-gang of dwarves digging out the oodles of Magnetite we have under our feet. When the Elves come- and they WILL come -They'll be met with iron bolts galore~!
Now for trading...

07-27

Well, after the traders came an went we got some migrants, about 10 this time. Not much.

252-09-17
Ooh, a jeweler got possessed today in the Library of all places and begun speaking in tongues! ... Huh. let's see what he's driven to do.

he made a tiger-eye Hatch... I think it'll be good to have it part of the fortress as the entry to a royal's tomb or something.... Whom I kidding though... let's see what this fucker put on it.

252-09-18

Well, It's rather plain frankly. Nothing on it. that was a miss.

252-10-?
A bit has happened. I've gotten the Siege-dwarves working on their shooting with catapults. and I've begun considering designs for a ballistia gallery to shoot down the road that leads out of town instead of a singular ballistia... for sake of ease though, I've decided to leave it be for now at one.

252-12-12

Two months have gone by, I took up drawing a while ago... It's quiet theraputic, I think that's the word the Medical-dwarf came up... He heard it from one of the foreigners.

Therapy would probably be good for a few other people as well but, the idea isn't taking too well for some. We've been dealing with the aftermath of the were-lizard and three people were infected.

Two of them in the pit are now dead.

The fellow goes by the name of Chroma in the holds. Very quiet and doesn't seem to have any friends... still, he's down there now with a spear and enough armor to do his job, nothing more, nothing less.

252-12-22

Day's have continued to pass and people are still rattled but, nothing bad so far has happened, so that's good... We've begun to set up the tombs for those killed by Counting Conch and we've begun to work on getting the catacombs started.  We've also found some more dwarves that were killed by the Magical Counting Conch.

it's not a very good situation but, with the new year comes new growth.

Heres the end of the fortress as it stands with several dwarves now in tombs- or going to be -and I'll be working on getting the murder-hall put together at some point with either a seige-engine battery or just a bunch of spikes going up n' down on random plates and bridges retracting randomly as well.

Either way, this is all sort of what it is being what it is.

Spoiler
[close]

Here's the financial status of the fortress and total list of dwarves.

[close]

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2018, 08:05:59 PM »

The year of the Elves

Oh who are we kidding? The Uristing tree-humpers found us...
We'd be good to have a few trolls around, strong folk they are.
Year 4 of Adiluslem

Spoiler
253-01-01:

A dwarven Child was Sacrificed to the Were-beast as the god of chaos had demanded. It was rather short notice as far as the presit said... but I think the presit just wanted to shut the brat up about how he almost saw a carp for the umptenth time.

253-01-06:
been running out of iron bars- heh, and yet we're buriued in the stuff... I'll ask the guys if they can't get to work on more bars.

253-01-11

Things are getting back to normal and to start off the new year a dorf has gotten an idea! I dunno what, But I can see him screaming away in a work-shop about things he needs.

He's starting to hoard bones...
Some Magnetite and walnut wood, ooh and some chert too...

-Some days pass without note-

253-01-20:
I got myself with a hammer today, the thumb is a bit purple but, otherwise doing' allright.. Oh, an the screamer finally stopped. he got everything he needed and stopped speaking tongues. Now he's huffing like a mad-man on cave-gas.

ah-hah! he's done... it's, a very boring bone sowrd, still, it's sharp enough to cut meat, it works.

253-02-11:
We're starting work on some of the outer defenses a bit more, as well as a possible tower to catch the ambushing elves before they get too close to the fortress. part of hte plan is to breed many dogs and have a single dog out in the feilds trained as a hunting dog. They'll sniff the blood of elves and die in the process of finding them I'm sure but, it'll be a warning and worth-while at that.

Also some migrants have come to help!

253-02-12:

Some 20 of them came around... we also put away many of the ghouls that had come up from the fortress. Likewise we need to get a few tombs going for the more noble of the dwarves in our populace. Like our mayor for instance... and me of course.

253-02-24:

We've gotten the bottom of the guard-tower set up, now time to set upa smaller... I'd say... outpost? It's not really an outpost, but, a room, dinning room and a few niceties are set up for a small squad to live under the tower.

Likewise, I've begun to work on the jail and the Training Barracks fot the new squad: The Dickerson Punchers
they'll take in some civilians for a year and then send'em off, but, I think for now I need to get'em set-up to help hold down the elves when they finally come.

253-03-15:

We got a good show today from the Luiddic Launchers. A few of the giant sparrows were getting into our feilds at the front of the fortress. It's was great fun watching the feathered bastards fall from the sky.

253-03-22:
In hind-sight... maybe making a bunch of bloody pools wasn't a good idea... oh dear gods a beast screamed and we've caught sight of a black were-lizard ragging towards the fortress! They're thick and killed a marksdwarf, but the dead marksdwarf set the bastard up to fail...

253-03-28:

Meme's been bitten... as well as several others... The burrow should've been called... People should've come in... but... nothing was heard.... I've talked the guys into making a southern-tower for scouting, if nothing else and put a dog in it as a distraction or something.

253-04-10:
So, we've gotten most of the injured dwarves in the pit... I don't know of Chorma will survive having his riegn challanged or not, but, it shouldn't matter in the least. I hope that when all is said and done... Well, the dwarves in the pit go quickly and painlessly, or survive to kill the goblins and elves that will eventually come.

253-04-13:
Some good news though, the human caravan's arrived! So we can get some more stuff to make metal flaskes an all sort's a things, that's for sure.  In the mean time, time to start work on submitting some stuff to the depot.
Also a baby has been born, huzah!

253-04-20:
I really hope this day ends... I've been hearing the squeals of nothing but more and more damned were-lizards and I'm lucky I'm not dead... a few of the dwarves couldn't, or didn't make it to the pit as ordered... saddly, we've had to kill them because of it and several more were infected.

A few monster-slayers have been killed as well as other dwarves... Thankfully no-one has had the misfortune to die so far... but, it seems one human by the name of Ramul decided to go take care of our "Monsters"... It'll be fun to watch at least.

253-05-03:

I think... This might be a bit much but I think making a few roads around here might be a good idea, perhaps. It'll ensure we never had a path blocked by trees- damn things -and we won't have other isuues either.

253-05-05:

Orikson begun giggling like a lamb in the meeting hall today, in fact, he went up giggling all the way to the mason's shop and has since taken it over to work on something! what, I have no idea... but it invovles a lot of bones....

2 days later the fellow got to work... I hope it's good, whatever it is.

253-06-05:

Things have gone well so far, but, sadly, a cave in occurred, I haven't gotten all the details in yet, but... in the short of it, basically we lost a of of lives down in the caverns.

253-06-14:
Another birthday come n' gone... I got a very nice Minced Horse meat-loaf and some great cheese an even a figurine from Surge of sharks! I'm still sad to have seen the whol host of people just, disappear like that from a cave-in. But, here's the fortress so far:

253-07-24:
In hindsight... I think I should've been a bit more continuous about the fact that cave-ins are likely... even on the surface... aum... cause this, is dangerous.

253-08-03:
Migrants came from the south this time... that's... not entirely bad news, but, not the worst either.

253-08-18:
Well, a dorf went fey (and in short order begun work on something) and we've been working on getting a statue graden going for the dwarves to enjoy... I've also begun to work on tryiung to get the aum, the death-trap, dealt with... though, it's likely going to kill a few bastards along the way sadly.

Augh, such is the life in Adiluslem...

253-10-19:

A small squad from the Leap of Treasures, the tree-huggers, came today.... They weren't long for this world and none of them made it to the edge of our territory... Saddly, that means that they know where we are now... There's no going back.

It actually wasn't that bad... but, in the future, it'll not be so good for us to be outside... They came a little after the fall festivities so, likely it'll be the same time they come again... Perhaps a raiding-squad wouldn't be a bad idea... hmm

At the moment Wilfrey has done very well and I'm thinking of making him part of a new Squad if he continues to prove himself.

253-10-23:
I suggested Wunder an crew head up north to GloveWinter, a lost fortress that might still hold something. They liked the idea and went off.

Protonus complained about the sun which makes me realize that a few gardens out in the sun for people to meet and play around would do the fortress good.

253-11-04:
They came back, nothing to it... Damn. Oh well... There was another thing there though... hummm.
253-11-05:
OH GOD A WERECIVET- whatever that is -HAS COME TO THE FORTRESS!!!

253-11-10:
Wilfrey is now the murder-baron, he was bitten by the damned Werecivet... Hopefully he lives long an well and gets to kill man an elf. The fortress is on it's way to being war-ready for the elves with the necessary funnel to boot.

254-01-01
Well, the roads aren't entirely ready as I had planned, we still have to finish the roads leading out, but the roads by gate-house and tower are done... here's the end of the fortress an may we live into the next year~!

There was suppose to be a picture here, but, imgur was having issues.

EDIT: Moved it to another site.

https://youtu.be/mldJ12N_tQQ

[close]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 03:12:20 PM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:11 PM »

Out of the four please choose from the straw poll which two or which one you would like to see in the next form game.  I want to use the newer version of Dwarf Fortress and I tried using the new version on the own Fortress 2 minor success however it crashed. This has wondered to save pretty much broken.

This has been done via text to speech on my mobile phon

https://www.strawpoll.me/16027043

Choose the fate of the next Fortress won't I have some fun off the form to understand some of the mechanics and figure out where I would best liked the settle.

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DF Bloodline Game: Crash and burned
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2018, 01:44:58 AM »

So as some of you may know, or many of you may guess from the title alone among the fact that I've posted a poll, the current game of dwarf Fortress is null n' void.  The plan for the fortress was to lemming everyone at the elven capital, however, that didn't go to plan.  Saddly for me the game crashed and i lost all that work I had put into a "Finale" and I'll be made into a troll's toy if I were to do ALL of that over again...

To explain fully:

The fortress was going to turn every single unneeded dwarf into a military dwarf armed with at the very least, spears, a helm of iron, a mail shirt and bone armor. Others were made into Pickdwarves. From there we were going to seige every forest home one by one till all of them had begun to burn or till we died in an onslaught of elven hoards that came in reply.

During the first attack on the capital, the game had crashed, and all the dwarves that I had trained up into near legendry status had gone, every peice of armomr, gone, every stinking damn thing i had done. Gone.

So, rather than waste time, I threw that strawpoll above this post together.

In short, most people wanted to see the elves die again, but, this time it wouldn't be the dwarves defending themselves, oh no, no no. We'd be aiming to erradicate a large portion of elves. So, that'll be the new plan, to raze, pillage, and occupy the eleven territories and render them helpless an hapless to the might of dwarven steel or copper bolts!

-----------------

*!* Notice *!*

If anyone wants to play the blood-line with me let me know, otherwise I'll post everyweekend rather than every year because, honestly? DF is a bit too slow so, if I'm going to be playing it by myself, I might as well have fun while doing it right?

edit 2:

I'm giving this a bit of a break. I'll post to it at another point or so, but for now:

Our fortress has succumbed to the Siege
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 09:49:00 AM by Azmond »

Az the Squishy

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: DF Bloodline Game: Isonoskosh!!! ISONOKOSH YE' BLAGGARDS! (update soontm)
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »

So, if the title change isn't clear, this is being picked up again. It'll be in the works for a bit as I get things together. :)

(and no I have not forgotten metelsons... that I'm waiting for the all mighty Alex to bring forth in all it's glory before I offer my humble mod back up upon the feet of his creation.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3