Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Economy & Outposts  (Read 59160 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Economy & Outposts
« Reply #135 on: February 28, 2018, 06:15:31 PM »

That should work for lobsters, yeah.

My naive generalized solution* was to just add sub-commodities together, e.g.

Volturn locally produces 4 units of Luxury Goods and 3 units of Volturnian Lobster
It has a total Luxury Goods supply capacity of 7 units
(even though this completely breaks the illusion of logarithmic increases)

For any market that imports Luxury Goods from Volturn, its stockpiles (in particular, what the player sees as being on the market for sale) will be in the ratio 4 LG : 3 Lobster.
Or Lobsters could have an utility value of 2 in the .csv, in which case it'd be 4 LG : 1.5 Lobster

*Generalized so it can handle commodities a mod might want to add, e.g. there could be a market producing "Carbon Nanotubes" which substitutes for Metals in the production chain.
I don't think anyone would particularly mind if this wasn't supported though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:22:06 PM by Histidine »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2018, 08:48:58 PM »

Hmm - that approach might work, yeah. I'm not sure it's necessary, though, as you're more or less alluding to. The "demand class" thing has really ended up being more for special cases than for "multiple commodities doing the same thing in the economy".

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 15, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »

I was just thinking how it wouldn't make sense for the player to be able to build fuel production facilities at their outposts. Then I had the idea: but what if you can find one?

I suggest Inactive Fuel Production Facility be a market condition you can discover on planets while surveying. If you put an outpost on that planet the fuel facility becomes a structure - though it doesn't do anything until you spend money to get rid of that pesky "inactive" adjective.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2018, 07:46:55 AM »

I was just thinking how it wouldn't make sense for the player to be able to build fuel production facilities at their outposts. Then I had the idea: but what if you can find one?

I suggest Inactive Fuel Production Facility be a market condition you can discover on planets while surveying. If you put an outpost on that planet the fuel facility becomes a structure - though it doesn't do anything until you spend money to get rid of that pesky "inactive" adjective.
I thought we got "antimatter fuels" so it consumes a lot of energy to produce them rather than some kind of material resource? Like how Sindria does?

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]