Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: anyone know how to increase recovery chance of ships?  (Read 3084 times)

ufaforwork3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
anyone know how to increase recovery chance of ships?
« on: September 13, 2017, 06:02:21 AM »

getting a little tired of looking for sindrian diktate forces with a conquest and never be able to recover one Sad
really considering cheating one in but have no idea how so any help is appreciated though simply increased recovery chance is prefferable.

gotta say that it feels a bit odd that commisions feels pretty much mandatory if you want any of the bigger ships, i wanted to stay neutral but caved in finally

????????
?????????????
???????????????

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: anyone know how to increase recovery chance of ships?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 06:17:47 AM »

There's a skill in Industry called Recory operations which increases recovery chance by 15%. Also you mustn't destroy ships (break them in pieces), only disable them to even have a chance to recover them. Other than that, you could try tweaking the game files and increasing the % chance, but I don't know where those files are located. If you reaallly want the Conquest, then just spawn it in using Console commands (a utility mod).

Also hey, welcome to the forum  ;D
Please don't take me too seriously.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 07:27:26 AM »

How big is your fleet?  No matter how high your recovery chances are, number of ships offered for recovery is capped by how many you can take without exceeding your fleet cap of thirty ships.  If you have thirty ships in your fleet, you will never be offered ships to recover.  If you have 29 ships, then you will only be offered one (random) ship even if multiple ships rolled up for recovery.

It is a good idea not to exceed twenty or so ships in your fleet if you are fighting big fleets to take their ships.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 09:41:32 AM »

The above is why I raised the total fleet cap on my fleet (out of curiousity if I raised it to 40 do NPC fleets get this bonus? If not how can I give it to them?) Also ya I agree commission is mandatory if you want to fight well (until your pretty skilled up you won't be gaining much per battle anyway) nexerlin's joining a faction is the only way I've found to field a battleship without going bankrupt within a year lol (mind you if I'm not using the thing to hunt fleets I will lose money, just get more time that way) welcome to the forums

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:27:49 AM »

NPCs probably ignore the fleet cap, but they either rarely or never spawn with more than thirty ships.  Back in 0.72, when cap was 25 ships, NPC fleets could (and often) exceed that without counting fighters, and fighters were counted as ships back then.  It is better today, provided you do not care to recover additional ships.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »

If you want to cheat in the ship then you'll need to get the mod Console Commands (here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4106.0 ) along with lazylib (here: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=5444.0 )
Unpack the two mods into the mods folder in the install directory for SS
After you get them, fire up the game and click on the mods button in the launcher, enable both mods then hit save then run the game.
After the game loads, load your save then hit control backspace in the campaign. This will bring up the console. Then you type or paste in "addship conquest" without the quotes. This will add the bare ship (IE no guns) to your fleet
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:47:23 PM »

Thanks Megas

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2017, 11:03:56 AM »

you can very easily edit the base recovery chance (before boost from skills) for all ships in \Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\settings.json, as well as a few other related values:

"baseShipRecoveryChance":0.25,
   "baseOwnShipRecoveryChance":0.5,

"baseRestoreCostMult":1.2,
   "baseRestoreCostMultPerDMod":1.2,

"salvageOwnWeaponProb":0.5;
   "salvageWeaponProb":0.25;
   "salvageOwnWingProb":0.5;
   "salvageWingProb":0.25;
   "salvageHullmodProb":0.02;