Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Any way to quickly drop all weapons into storage with 1 click?  (Read 3822 times)

gruberscomplete

• Captain
    • View Profile
Any way to quickly drop all weapons into storage with 1 click?
« on: September 10, 2017, 09:27:37 AM »

So I don't have to click 50 times when I deposit weapons salvaged from battle.
Click here for FREE ships!               Plentysector               Robots With Souls

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Any way to quickly drop all weapons into storage with 1 click?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:29:26 AM »

Tbh click+drag to select would come in handy even more.
Please don't take me too seriously.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 05:37:21 PM »

I think the best is just set your inventory to 'Weapons', then ctrl-click like made I'm afraid.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 03:44:17 AM »

I think the best is just set your inventory to 'Weapons', then ctrl-click like made I'm afraid.

Ah yes, inventory filters.
Those things I never find myself using.

I wonder if that's the case for everyone else.
Probably a sign they need redesigning, or removing.

zaimoni

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 08:09:46 AM »

Starting to fail to use basic game UI, e.g. inventory filters, is always an excellent rationale for me to park my game for later.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 09:40:41 AM »

I may have used weapon filters but none of the other item filters.  I care more about combat than commerce.

I have used ship filters back during the 0.5.x days, and I really miss them after 0.6 removed them.  I have pages and pages of ships, and scrolling down for smaller ships get irritating.

Also, the scroll bar is much too thin.  It needs to be wider.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 11:44:05 AM »

I care more about combat than commerce.

Glad I'm not the only one. Game does seems to have functions to spy/check profitable markets for particular items (could be Nexerlin stuff that enhances it or something, IDK) but even then I'm having a very hard time thinking of any profits, trader profession has never clicked for me because for me space is about exploration and adventure, isolation and discovery, life and death separated by the safety of one's starship's hull and inner pressurized places. To me space is an event of grand spectacle worthy of many space odysseys into the deeper depths of the Universe.

So yeah.. where was I. Ah, of course, as far as inventory management in SS goes I play it like in older RPG games because years of playing those kinds of games has made it easier for me to manually manage items to a point I'm surprised if a game has an easier way to sort stuff as by the time I find that out I've already invested some good amount of hours into a said game.

Back to SS again my current on-going playthrough was supposed to originally be a more trader-like Melnorme-esque thing but instead I've ended up playing as a raiding and hoarding beast who sometimes sells a lot of loot to those I trust to a worthy place to give them much higher survivability rate, so I guess I haven't steered away too much from the Melnorme and/or Bentusi trader element. Good grief, my posts get so long so fast.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.