Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bounties?  (Read 2341 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Bounties?
« on: August 28, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »

I just want to mention it, since I notice that bounties used to work for custom factions that were added one way or another (can confirm it worked for a TC).

But after one Starsector update (I think ti was 0.7) it broke, now it doesn't work regardless of how the faction is added. I tried it with NExirilien and EZFaction and tested several different custom factions - only the vanilla factions post bounties.

Althaea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Bounties?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2017, 12:00:35 AM »

That's odd. Blackrock Driveyards, the Interstellar Imperium, and the Shadowyards Reconstruction Authority all post bounties on my end. The Knights Templar don't, of course, even when playing as them in Nex, but that's intended.

Pretty sure Scy, the ORA, Diable Avionics and Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering also post bounties, but I haven't played with these in a while.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 03:55:36 AM »

I found a Nexerelin incompatibility issue earlier this year where factions would fail to call SharedData.getData().getPersonBountyEventData().addParticipatingFaction("myFactionId") in Nex's random sector mode.

I don't know how many mods subsequently failed to make the necessary changes (only checked Interstellar Imperium code and that one works).

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:52:59 AM »

Speaking as someone who doesn't know jack s*** about java, the factions I added in my mod...well, the mod doesn't have any sector generation files, the factions don't have fixed starting systems (not Corvus mode compatible), it doesn't have a .jar file - it's about as bare bones in that regard as possible.

So the code in your link...where should I put it?

Althaea

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 05:06:48 AM »

Well, there's the downside with relying on convenience utilities. You should probably go to xeno and ask him to fix up EZfaction to support Nex' random mode better.

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 05:37:52 AM »

I think I figured out what I need to do.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 09:19:39 AM »

I have this issue resolved in the next build of EZ Faction :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack