Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Null Error  (Read 2449 times)

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Null Error
« on: August 10, 2017, 09:53:30 AM »

Spoiler
950586 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.MarketAttackedCondition  - ERROR: Event is null, re-fetching
950602 [Thread-4] INFO  exerelin.campaign.econ.AgentDestabilizeMarketCondition  - ERROR: Event is null, re-fetching
950619 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Ambush.ogg]
950756 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at exerelin.campaign.econ.SuperweaponCondition.apply(SuperweaponCondition.java:13)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Market.reapplyConditions(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.contract.iter.UpdateDemandMetConditionsStability PriceMult.doNextBatch(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.contract.iter.MultiFrameTask.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.contract.iter.ContractEconomyStepper.nextFrame(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.econ.Economy.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

This is the line where i presume it detected the problem. The game itself was playing fine for a week until recently, i nuke some planet with PlanetBreaker from Imperium mod along with knocked out their stability with Agent, and Sabotuer since the planet defender is way too strong. Maybe the negative modifier went back too high so it cause the error? That save is ruined now since i can't go back without this error pop up unless i transfer it to the new sector via Save Transfer.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Null Error
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 09:26:07 PM »

I can provide a hotfix within 1-2 days.

(The first two lines of the log are Nexerelin encountering the same error with the agent destabilization/market attacked conditions and using a workaround; should've thought to apply it to the superweapon event as well ::) Sorry!)

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2017, 11:25:19 PM »

I see. I remembered that i used superweapon twice before this happen and it is fine. Maybe third time isn't a charm. Every factions hate me for doing that. Now the game hate me too and stop me from genocide people.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 08:04:11 PM »

This should fix it: ExerelinCore.jar
(put in Nexerelin/jars, replacing the existing file)

EDIT: Oops, that one is broken in a different way. If you're seeing this message for the first time, redownload from the same link.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 08:08:32 PM by Histidine »

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 10:40:33 PM »

That fixed it. Thank you for your time, Histidine.