Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: WIP [0.8.1] Terraformers - LFG, assistance needed  (Read 6831 times)

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
WIP [0.8.1] Terraformers - LFG, assistance needed
« on: August 07, 2017, 06:19:24 AM »

The Lost Terraformer fleet
Very WIP, looking forward to some feedback.
__

thanks everyone for your loyalty and support so far. not so thank you for lack of critique and rotten tomatoes - kinda boring that way.

that being said to continue development i need assistance with:
  • writing descriptions - low priority - english is not my native language and i have trouble with creative writing even in my own language.
  • scripting - average - i don't know java and i don't know starsector-specific scripting. so no fancyness, just plain old boring ship pack
  • balancing stats - high - atm all stats are either random or copypasted.
  • critique, negative feedback and general douchebaggery - critical - i cannot make good stuff if i don't know what IS good stuff
contact me if you are interested.
i'm prepared to draw sprites for you as a return favor. that's pretty much all i can do reliably.

i'm also accepting request/suggestions/demands/ideas regarding of what you want to see included in the mod.

general information
Spoiler
- generally ill suited for combat, due to being industrial machines above all else.
- no medium mounts. weapons come in three sizes - large, small(small mount, more powerful than normal, higher OP) and micro(small mount, very weak, very low OP).
- very long range but very slow turn rate.
- veru few weapon mounts.
- much higher top speed, but much lower maneuverability.

[close]

Autonomous Mobile Platforms:
Spoiler
A-class(supercapital):
Spoiler

A01
MASSIVE self propelled microwave oven. can melt glaciers. or faces.
[close]

B-class(capital):
Spoiler

B01
can launch massive explosive warhead across the whole map
[close]

C-class(cruiser):
Spoiler

C00
general purpose cruiser/carrier.

C01
Wide beam ore splitter. currently not functional,
main weapon is a placeholder because i can't script.

C03
Missile cruiser.

C04
Fact recon cruiser. plasmajets and microdrones for convinience.
[close]

D-class(destroyer):
Spoiler

D00
destroyer-sized carrier.

D01
General purpose destroyer.

D03
Self propelled microwave oven. can melt glaciers. or faces.

D04
Terraformer version of Hammerhead. Equipped with triple gravity hammer.
[close]

E-class(frigate)
Spoiler

E00
Kinda like tempest

E01
Flight deck with engines

E02
Lasers, lasers everywhere

E03
Missile frigate
[close]

F-class(fighter)
Spoiler

F00

medium fighter
F01

Microdrone. basically, gun with engines. probably made of tissue paper. very short refit time.
F02

Heavy fighter. comes with 2 microdrones.
[close]

[close]

Weapons and such.
Spoiler
Ballistic
Spoiler
[[[Seismic Charge Magnetic Accelerator]]]
big bang on a budget

current function: launches explosive projectile with proximity fuse.
intended function: launches explosive projectile, that either sticks to the hull and explodes after delay OR bounces of the shield, then slows down and explodes after delay. eexplosion pushes all movable objects away.

[[[Waterjet]]]
yup, that's real waterjet. lick test passed

current function: shoots stream of kinetic projectiles.
intended function: ignore armor, deal damage directly to hp, pass through hull.

[[[Gravity Hammer]]]
GET OVER HERE

current function: each hit applies negative force to target, pulling it closer.
intended function: each hit on armor also generates several passive "debris" projectiles, that confuse PD and deal some fragmentation damage.

[close]
Energy
Spoiler
(((Heat ray)))
ARRRGHH!! My face! it's melting!

current function: wide beam, penetrates through everything, extremely long range.
intended function: also decreases armor strength due to heating.

(((Plasma beam)))
Totally safe to use.

very impractical. massive energy requirement, 10second chargeup. firing one burst from anything smaller than capital will put you in dangerous position.

current function: HE burst beam. short range, compared to other TF weapons.
intended function: also heat/burn aoe damage around impact point.

(((Electron beam)))
Yes, comrade?

current function: fires EMP arcs at everything around impact point.
intended function: same.
[close]
Missile
Spoiler
<<<fuel barrel>>>
i don't want to set the world on fire...

current function: Massive AOE LR missile.
intended function: when equipped increase ship's fuel capacity by function of damage-per-shot. when fired decrease fleet's fuel reserves by function of damage-per-shot.

<<<mega mirv>>>

current function: 36 warhead missile.
intended function: ...
//very OP. no idea how to balance this thing.

<<<Mover drone>>>
i like to move it, move it!

current function: continuously accelerates target ship in the direction it's facing.
intended function: can also target friendlies.
//useful to break enemy formation, can easily push enemy battleship out of the map.

<<<Pusher missile>>>
Push the tempo

current function: delivers a single impact to target ship, heatseeker.
intended function: homes to the point of target ship, that is opposite to the attacking ship.

<<<Lagrange probe>>>
Euler sucks!

current function: Kinetic PD missile.
intended function: if hit ship hull stick to hull and reveal fog of war in small radius and increase damage reseived by target.

<<<Small missile autoloader>>>
more than enough

current function: rapid fire missile launcher. unlimited ammo. generates flux. missiles either HE, or split into five lagrange probes.

<<<medium missile pod>>>
Truck truck... truck.

current function: just nomal missile launcher. missiles either HE or fractal kinetic MIRV.
[close]
Melee
Spoiler
{{{jackhammer}}}

{{{Rotary digger}}}

current function: Very high damage. Very close range. AI refuses to use them.
intended function: Useable by AI.
[close]

[close]

and a test mission

the link:
https://yadi.sk/d/DHvR0Awq3LnA36

please, be gentle
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 05:10:19 AM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1] Terraformers
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:26:34 AM »

This will be awesome if they're eventually able to actually help terraform planets...
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2017, 04:00:17 PM »

This will be awesome if they're eventually able to actually help terraform planets...
well, if someone will be able to do it, it's probably not me. i suck at coding.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:09:37 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

This looks adorable.

All a while a lot more disturbing as they look like actual terraformation ships that rip your little late Domain ships to shreds.
Reminds me of Red.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 07:55:28 PM »

Indeed. I like this. About teraforming planets..sorta comes in line in a possible nexerlin add-on such as allowing the founding of colonies or stations.

I wont's lie. It's late and I"m tired...so I thought the title said ( Re:[0.8.1] Transformers). Got so excided... ;D :D :( ??? :-\....
Still like it.  :) ;)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:58:07 PM by etherealblade »
Spoiler

[close]

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 05:48:00 AM »

sup, FS!
thanks everyone for your loyalty and support so far. not so thank you for lack of critique and rotten tomatoes - kinda boring that way.

so far mod contains 6 combat ships(2 for each class except capital), 3 models of fighters, 7 modular + 2 build-in weapons.
rudimentary faction hooked up with EZfaction, so something will spawn in campaign.
i consider this a partial success.

that being said to continue development i need assistance with:
  • writing descriptions - low priority - english is not my native language and i have trouble with creative writing even in my own language.
  • scripting - average - i don't know java and i don't know starsector-specific scripting. so no fancyness, just plain old boring ship pack
  • balancing stats - high - atm all stats are either random or copypasted.
  • critique, negative feedback and general douchebaggery - critical - i cannot make good stuff if i don't know what IS good stuff
contact me if you are interested.
i'm prepared to draw sprites for you as a return favor. that's pretty much all i can do reliably.

i'm also accepting request/suggestions/demands/ideas regarding of what you want to see included in the mod.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2017, 06:13:35 AM »

Spoiler
[close]

Man, this ship is lit.
Very, very literally.

The greebles on the ship also looked absurdly well done, mega-scopic laser lenses pinning to the converging point makes the design very intimidating.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 06:25:17 AM »

mega-scopic laser lenses pinning to the converging point makes the design very intimidating.
it's not converging, it's the opposite. atm it fires two projectiles out of it's wingtips. the idea was to have those projectiles spark everything between them with lightnings, think line gun from dead space. but, alas, no skill to implement yet.
thee ship wil probably have some hullmod, like "exposed machinery", reducing performance with hull damage taken.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:29:25 AM by passwalker »

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 06:36:25 AM »

Well, it does work just as good.

I do believe this is the one of the few or even the only mod that portrays distant effects across the entire ship other than the traditional spinal mounts.

Additionally, the mod has a bug regarding about C01 (ARM1R and ARM2R) weapon arms, which won't start the game. Putting the turret sprite request in blank from the .wpn file's directory should solve the problem.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 07:10:02 AM »

Additionally, the mod has a bug regarding about C01 (ARM1R and ARM2R) weapon arms, which won't start the game. Putting the turret sprite request in blank from the .wpn file's directory should solve the problem.
yeah, forgot to delete those .wpn, they are unused obsolete dummies, that were used for testing
one of the few or even the only mod that portrays distant effects across the entire ship other than the traditional spinal mounts.
not sure if i understand correctly, but SCY khalkotauroi and siren have fancy weapon effects.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:15:23 AM by passwalker »

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »

Added 4 modular frighters
Spoiler
[close]

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: WIP [0.8.1] Terraformers - LFG, assistance needed
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2017, 04:09:53 AM »

new update

- nexerelin compatibility, sorta. random mode doesn't work. log says something about EZfaction, so i'm not sure if it's even my fault.
- some custom sounds.
- 3 new weapons, including very special missile launcher.
- fleets now have custom names. yes, those ARE names.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 06:29:39 AM by passwalker »