Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources  (Read 24021 times)

Mealstrom

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources
« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2018, 12:50:11 PM »

woops, didnt know this would back-lash... my bad guys, I didnt mean like posting the ships as free use in mods but more as personnal use in case people wanted to just have fun with the sprites. I thought it would be nice for people to be able to have access to these ressources considering its not really anyones ship but around 4 people worked on those. My goal wasnt to give away stuff for free but sharing the sprites and forgot that you guys might want to know about it first even thought this is half kitbash half pixel drawing. Also considering every pixel was reworked its not really anyones property and I don't even consider this ship 100% mine but rather 25% since 4 people actually made it happen :3

Didnt want to upset anyone but I thout it would make some happy to have different kitbashing parts they could use for free since I won't mind that and they could also use the 3 other faction skins I made for their fun in case they wanted to make their own faction variants spawn in-game like I did in 0.9 since that isnt a problem because it was for personnal use only :)

also yes, I forgot to mention you shadowy but I thought anyone would know that parts of the ship were kitbashed sections from your faction mixed with painted sections. Snrarsha also did a small touch up on the SAD version but the other ones don't inlude those touch-ups. 

Honestly thought spiral arms was a mix of free use and kitbash free use and not just 100% free use. Correct me if I am wrong and I'll remove the post since my goal was just tk give 100% kitbash use and 100% personnal use

Edit: alright my bad, read the info and saw that yeah this is basically 100% free use. Considering the white and faction versions were 100% reworked (except the SAD version which is in snrasha's mod) and every pixel was changes is it alright if I leave them on there? if people wanna mke paintjobs for the ship? There isnt a single section of the ship that is 100% exact since even the color is different. The shape might be the same in some sections but they were reworked and rescaled alot to fit some parts and in some areas I had to draw complete panels that resembles the style. I'll include MsShadowy for the main foundation because without you this ship wouldn't exist but considering this ship took 1 week even with kitbashing its hard to say its a copy of any ship and really fills a specific gap of capital/battleship/carrier which isnt OP with weapon mounts :3

TBH if the other faction variants are used in a mod that makes them spawn at diable, SRA and neutrino markets I wouldnt min if someone did it since I don't have the time to make that and I dont see how that would pose a problem considering it would fill a gap. To me that would be a win/win situation and really wouldnt be upset (if you guys don't mind that of course).
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 01:09:22 PM by Mealstrom »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2018, 01:08:54 PM »

Full stop, it doesn't belong in this thread.  No, not even the white one - even retouched, it is, at its core, not your art to give away.  I'd suggest reposting to the Spriter's Judgement thread, instead.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

Mealstrom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2018, 04:47:56 PM »

alright thanks for the head's up and sorry for the trouble, really wasnt my intention :3 quite busy with college atm so its quite hard to do everything right. Simple mistake and hope I didnt upset anyone since it wasnt my goal in the first place :/

if msshadowy doesn't want to share it I won't post it in spriters jugement since it won't belong in there either, thanks for the suggestion thought. I would rather not create issues in the future since this seems to be a sensitive issue :)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 04:53:15 PM by Mealstrom »

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2018, 08:52:59 AM »

And this is why we can't have nice things
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

Mealstrom

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2018, 01:00:30 PM »

sadly

Soren

• Admiral
  • The devil himself.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2018, 06:17:42 PM »

The reason you can't have nice things is that, if you're dependent on other people to provide you with those things in the first place, and you take them for granted, they will take their creative ability to places where it's appreciated.

The best way to dodge this is 100% original creative work. That's why I took the time to do my own weapon mounts; so I own all of my artwork. So that if I spend a week on a single sprite, it's a week spent on something I actually have the right to do whatever I want with. I can chop it up, sell it, use it in other mods for other games or full games of my own, I can soak it in peanut oil and light it on fire. It's mine.

I get that kitbashing from someone else's work feels like a neato shortcut past the tiresome work of learning to paint your own high-quality original sprites, but it does mean that you don't actually have the right to do whatever you want with it, either.
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

DrakonST

• Captain
  • Lizard-Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2018, 08:57:33 PM »

I thinking about creation another ship pack mod but idea long did not live...
I a Russian. And i communicate with the help of Promt Translate. And I am a color-blind person.

Vayra

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2018, 06:43:45 PM »

Here's a big Tempest-type thing I don't want and won't use.

jangala delenda est

Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649.0
Modding tutorial: https://starsector.wikia.com/wiki/Intro_to_Modding

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2019, 08:56:44 AM »

Still making the occasional sprite.

Working on a new mod utilizing some of the sprites posted here with a few of my own.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2019, 12:06:56 PM »

Wow!

I'll find the time to update the OP at some point soon, promise.  Sorry it's taken a while, been very busy IRL.
Check out my SS projects :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]