Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources  (Read 115786 times)

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources
« Reply #105 on: June 04, 2020, 11:14:19 PM »

Quick question, if i were to draw a fighter, do i draw the weapons?

Thanks

Generally yes, unless you want to include a missile (such as a torpedo) that would be visible until fired. General guns are typically drawn in, but they don't have to be. They probably shouldn't be drawn in if they are turrets- though this can be tricky to do depending on the weapon sprite size vs the fighter sprite size. Sometimes things have to be "implied underneath", etc.

Alright, thank you.
All my ships are (as far as i know) either 'kitbashed' (heh) from vanilla ships, or hand-drawn by myself. They are free to use as long as you tell me which mod it's in so i can download them myself.

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 05, 2020, 06:57:55 PM »

Broadsword but big

also the pirate variant

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:35:15 AM by Dandlion68 »
All my ships are (as far as i know) either 'kitbashed' (heh) from vanilla ships, or hand-drawn by myself. They are free to use as long as you tell me which mod it's in so i can download them myself.

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2020, 05:02:33 AM »

SYMMETRICAL TALON
SYMMETRICAL TALON

I understand that Symmetry is boring, but Asymmetry kicks my OCD in the nuts (can i say that?).
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:34:17 AM by Dandlion68 »

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2020, 07:38:23 AM »

An ancient Terran design, this design is limited by the of technology of it's time. With the age of space, however, reaching Mach 6 is no longer a dream.

This is based on the Prototype SR-72 (Blackbird's successor), which sadly, hasn't came to fruition.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:33:47 AM by Dandlion68 »

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2020, 09:02:15 AM »

Btw, how did everyone post images without attaching it? do you upload it to some image hosting website?

edit : nvm i got it
« Last Edit: June 12, 2020, 09:12:04 AM by Dandlion68 »

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2020, 09:47:19 AM »

Here's a ship i drew from scratch (minus the turrets)

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 15, 2020, 01:18:05 PM »

I like that one. It has a good visual definition of the overall superstructure and layers. I also like the turret layout and shape. Very aesthetically pleasing to me. One confusing thing that stands out, imo, is the armor plates along the edges at the front portion. They seem visually higher than the layer the turret emplacements are set on. A minor thing though.

Overall good job. :)

Dandlion68

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 16, 2020, 05:16:58 AM »

I like that one. It has a good visual definition of the overall superstructure and layers. I also like the turret layout and shape. Very aesthetically pleasing to me. One confusing thing that stands out, imo, is the armor plates along the edges at the front portion. They seem visually higher than the layer the turret emplacements are set on. A minor thing though.

Overall good job. :)

Thanks! it was my very first drawn-from-scratch ship. I guess the idea was that the armor plates are supposed to be covering the hull, and not the turrets themselves. I'm kinda confused as to how the shading should work. I think it might be best if i visualize the 3D version first.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 27, 2020, 09:04:21 PM »

another sprite dump of questionable quality

Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2020, 10:23:01 PM »

idk if anyone even cares about this as its not the best but eh, here it is, made it like 8 months ago.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2020, 10:56:25 AM »

Man, this stuff is all awesome!  I'll try and find some time to upload all this soon :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Titann

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 04, 2020, 09:54:47 AM »

i really liked all of this stuff. everything here is free to use? I am looking for sprites to put my mod as HVB stuff https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=19078.0
whom should i credit if i use them?

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 29, 2020, 03:19:51 AM »

the BLOBBINATOR
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2020, 10:33:12 PM »

That's blobbolicious.

And yes, I need to update the OP at some point.  Sorry, been rather busy this year.
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 05, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »

Fluff
***PRESS RELEASE***
Explorator Machinae, Inc., Introduces the Cancer

Named after a famous crab from antiquity (not that one), this is EM's refit of the Apogee, more suitable for a modern context. 

While still a capable survey vessel with all of the stellar cartography capabilities of the original model, the Cancer's main feature is hugely improved weapons locations and design.

While some malcontents would say that the "scorpion sting" Medium Missile Hardpoint, rear-facing and immobile, is a terrible place for a launcher, it was the only place that could take the stresses of repeat firing, and as most Cancer captains will attest, "we just threw Pilums on there anyhow".

However, both Medium Energy Turrets have been moved to lateral positions where they can provide nearly 270 degrees of largely-mutual firepower, greatly improving their utility, and three ultra-modern Universal Hardpoints in the front provide the Cancer with almost unlimited flexibility.  Two Built-In Antimatter Blasters in edges of the "jaws", also provide the Cancer with excellent closing firepower.

This combination of weapons makes the Cancer a superlative support vessel, with a beam-based armament, a credible brawler if equipped with Heavy Blasters, or even a Point Defense vessel, if equipped with Burst Lasers and front-mounted Swarmers to defeat fighter threats.

While the Cancer retains the heavy shielding of its predecessors, allowing it to take fire reasonably well, and has had its rate of turn improved by better positioning of jets towards the edges of the primary weapons pods, the Cancer's designers were simply unable to provide it with the Drone Launcher System of the Early Expansion models featured in the Corvus Blueprint Cache. 

Instead, after several arguments involving pithy remarks and spilled not-tea, they agreed to install an unproven Blueprint: the Improbability Device.  The Device, derived from the hexamathic syllogisms of the Cog Prophets, quite upsets Consensual Reality in a cone to the front of the Cancer, severely glitching AIs' quantumn-lattices and generally making everybody in range feel like taking a short nap while their equipment reboots.

The Luddites love it, because it's Tech that defeats Tech, and greatly desire to capture a working Blueprint, but Tritachyon, after witnessing the effect the ship has on AIs, has announced that anyone caught putting this technology into Pirate hands will be denied all further lines of credit.  The Ko Kombine, meanwhile, has quietly procured access to the Cancer for Independent Mercs exploring the Off Limits Zones or hunting [ED: REDACTED!]
[close]

...and yes, this means I'm updating the OP today.
Xeno's Mod Pack
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16