Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources  (Read 115809 times)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara
Re: Spiral Arms II - Free Community Sprite Resources
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2017, 11:31:27 AM »

All Medikohl's sprites from StarSector Plus have been uploaded, with permission from Medikohl.  Yay, that makes the collection pretty complete!
It is appreciated!
So nice to browse through all of these; there are so many gems in there. :)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2017, 03:15:21 PM »

Still got it?

messing about with an old photo to make a commander portrait
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 05:52:59 PM by medikohl »
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2017, 06:11:34 AM »

When I first started kitbashing, I had no idea what I was doing, and my design philosophy hasn't changed too much since then. I basically take a ship, cut and paste random sections and see what the result is, then take another ship possibly and tweak things. The program I use is Paint.net and basically use different layers to do overlays and erasures to make sections seem to attach together.

The parrot
One of the first ships I actually was happy with, Originally planned to be a unique capital ship for the pirate faction, honestly could probably use a few less large size mounts.

Was looking for a midtech carrier that wasn't just a converted Taurus. Planned for pirate and Hegemony use.

This little guy ended up becoming a higher tech Lasher replacement. Similar mounts and placement, just one less overall, but decent with several energy mounts and two universal hardpoints.
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2017, 06:32:45 AM »

I've just gotta say that I feel like the Chiron is one of my favorite kitbashes ever :)
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 07:53:48 AM »

When I first started kitbashing, I had no idea what I was doing, and my design philosophy hasn't changed too much since then. I basically take a ship, cut and paste random sections and see what the result is, then take another ship possibly and tweak things. The program I use is Paint.net and basically use different layers to do overlays and erasures to make sections seem to attach together.

I understand you. At first, I had the same mindset about making the ships, mashing them up of whatever parts I find in the base game and thought it would be nice to put it up as a mod online. Usually, the ships are cut apart and used to make bigger versions typically just to get a better fleet.

But then I came out differently and entered some sort of weird lingo later on and thought making even larger ships would be better, terribly from other people's work, but then it turned out to be a bad apple in my part. Got some guilt in me for some time, and thought making some ships of my own without taking some parts. I started up putting designs completely from scratch and took some time alone.

Now, Red has a large roster of ships and weapons. I may plan to release more, probably even after Starsector gets released. So far, I haven't got any complaints after the Re-balance yet.

It's a pretty weird, poorly written short story to put up, though I do learn some lessons after this mess I've made.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

RedManta

• Ensign
  • Not a coder by any means
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 12:24:42 PM »

I know I haven't been here long but I have wanted to get into the sprite kinda thing and design a few ships so I went ahead and made a small interceptor I call Raptor. It's not much but it's better than nothing lol

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 10:03:24 AM »

Thanks for contributing :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

RedManta

• Ensign
  • Not a coder by any means
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 10:08:54 AM »

Here use the updated version instead it looks better plus a couple others lol

Raptor
Jackal
Frontier Tanker

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2017, 06:20:15 PM »

it's probably a good idea to move sprites i posted somewhere to this dump, so here:

vanilla crap:

falcon heavy, maybe? take that, ilon musk, maybe?

high tech falcon, maybe?

enterprize,maybe?

Gust rip-off maybe?

another Gust rebuild, maybe?

high tech dominator, maybe?

high tech mora, maybe?

Vice rip-off, maybe?

Spoiler
[close]
Atlantis II submersible carrier, maybe?

some necro stuff:
these are not technically kitbashed flu-x sprites, but made from scratch to resemble them. rip-off kinda.
so i don't know if you need spoortje1's permission to use them. you certainly don't need mine.

buffalo

skinner

ghoul

tarantula

reaper

mover

[Every sprites under this line are modified ships from other mods. If you want to use those ships (or kitbash some parts of those), you'll need to ask the original author's permission first]

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:20:50 AM by passwalker »
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »

@passwalker:  Those are awesome "ghoul" sprites.  If they didn't use any of spoortje1's work, they're fair game for anybody.  I'd love to see a SPAZ-like Zombie faction.
Xeno's Mod Pack

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 02:40:58 AM »

I think I'll start putting up a gallery for these things just for the giggles and joy of it. It's starting to grow on me a little.

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2017, 10:18:37 AM »

Those are fun!  I'll put hem in your section later this weekend :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

xenoargh

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2017, 10:55:06 PM »

Updated with Passwalker and Protonus's latest stuff, finally :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2017, 01:11:03 AM »

Heyo, I've got a few more sprites I'd like thrown up under my name if that's not too much trouble. Mainly a number of ships that have been tried in and removed from my mod "Disassemble Reassemble", and almost certainly won't be coming back (for various reasons), so I'm putting them up here for other community members to use however they want.

There's also these two half-baked kitbashes that I'm fairly sure have never been seen anywhere - they're old and pretty rubbish, but I'm sure someone may find a use for them as either concept or further 'bash material.  :P

Also, for future reference, I've made an Imgur album containing all the sprites I've published here for public use, if anyone wants to browse material in a different way: https://imgur.com/a/hUb4b
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 01:25:15 AM by AxleMC131 »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2017, 01:25:24 AM »

Oh, and I forgot about this: A Luddic Path Buffalo concept, based on the style of the Collossus MkII, from before I realised SWP technically had their own.  :P

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16