Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Star Trek Mod (idea - WIP)  (Read 46147 times)

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Star Trek Mod (idea - WIP)
« on: February 27, 2012, 04:21:43 PM »

I'm looking to start work on a Star Trek Mod (I love Star Trek I used to watch them all with my dad when i was growing up)
But anyway i'm planning on creating a full fleet complete with fighters.
If anyone would like to help let me know im pretty determined to get this done!

03/03/2012 :: Update

So the left few days I did some experimented and added some more ships and weapons into the mod! Enjoy, let me know what you think :)
http://youtu.be/Kx-IyrbtrKc

01/03/2012 :: Update ::

Ive now added a Romulan war bird, check here to see it in action:
http://youtu.be/Cagu68GDaLU

29/02/2012 :: Update ::

We now have 2 ships in the fleet! Both are USS Enterprise the latest addition is a Sovereign class ship. I'm keen to get the weapon systems sorted and have the phasers set to timed bursts rather than constantly on, if anyone knows how to do that please let me know. Also i'm having trouble fine tuning where to place the weapons on the ship as the Starfarer ship editor tool is cool but not very accurate for placement. I may consider just manually changing the code.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 10:24:00 PM by Festivejelly »

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek Mod (idea - WIP)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:06:23 PM »

So I made a little progress on this!

Please see the youtube link to take a look at my Enterprise :)

Also if someone could answer why the ships retreat right away, I want them to stick around and fight!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

http://youtu.be/X36Y2Om2bGI

Mavolio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 05:51:37 PM »

If you made it crazy strong with like a million flux the AI will know it cant win so will just retreat. The only other thing i could see that might want work is the engines, shouldn't they be red on the saucer section not blue on the Nacelles?

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »

Concentrate on making the phasers and torps first. It's not star trek without awesome guns with the right sounds. I couldn't really hear the sound in the video though.

DelicateTask

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 08:50:53 PM »

So we all knew a Star Trek mod had to be done, but make sure you do it right! Make all of the weapons as accurate as possible. Explore all of the weapons parameters. Also, you should try to keep the graphics consistent with the game's art style.

TurgotZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 10:08:27 PM »

Nice start

I have been planning on making my own Star Trek mod getting the time to do it has been an issue. I do have some ship renders you can use, that's about as far as I have gotten with my mod. I did not create these models though.

They are mostly renders of SFC 3 models(Chris Jones,Terradyhne,ModelsPlease,OUTALANCE SHIPYARDS ect) some are from ex-astris-scientia.org and drexfiles.wordpress.com, couple Klingon's are from Star Trek online.
I'll work on a more detailed credit list if you are interested in using them.
Credits

See the attachment for the credit file

Hope this helps you along.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 09:25:35 PM by TurgotZ »

jocan2003

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 10:55:42 PM »

I like it so far but for the enterprise i dont know wich enterprise it is exactly sure thing its not the 1701-D ( Galaxy class ) nor the NX-01 BUT im pretty sure the weapon count isnt right only 2 phaser really? Also you could easily make a *missile* into a photon torp instead of the anti-matter blaster, as for the phaser they arent fired non-stop so you need to tweak that too.

If your going to add star trek in i would really like you to take a look on various wiki about weapon specification on these ships :D. See ya and keep it up!

Edit: after further checking up seem to me its the sovereign class enterprise wich is the 1701-E 9 phaser bank if i remember off-hand a quantum and photon toorp launch i dont know the count im not THAT geek.....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:59:44 PM by jocan2003 »

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »

Nice start

I have been planning on making my own Star Trek mod getting the time to do it has been an issue. I do have some ship renders you can use, that's about as far as I have gotten with my mod. I did not create these models though.

They are mostly renders of SFC 3 models(Chris Jones,Terradyhne,ModelsPlease,OUTALANCE SHIPYARDS ect) some are from ex-astris-scientia.org and drexfiles.wordpress.com, couple Klingon's are from Star Trek online.

if you generate sprites for all the ships I can guarentee that they will eventually get made. I want nothing more then to put the two "quadrants" of star trek and  star wars next to each other in the full release and watch them fight. And I'm sure a lot of people are interested in flying all the various awesome star trek ships.

edit: wow on closer look these are really amazing.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 11:59:26 PM by washout »

TurgotZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 12:24:22 AM »

Star Trek vs Star Wars would be awesome!

The ship images are at a high enough resolution that coping and paste a selected ship into a new file with a transparent background(alpha channel) save it as a png and that should be all that is needed. Well that is the hope.

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 05:23:33 AM »

Nice start

Those are fantastic id love to use them if you could get me the credit list.

Also thanks for the feedback guys this vid was merely a test and I will ofc try to make the ships as authentic as possible, if anyone wants to join the team drop me a message :)

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 10:33:09 AM »

I'm willing to crank out ships....

As soon as I finish my mod anyway.

Festivejelly

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:58 AM »

Thats cool me and Ashbringer are currently working on some more Starfleet ships along with some Klingon. I'm keen to get some Romulan and Borg ones done aswell :)

Ashbringer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 12:04:38 PM »

Zug Zug

washout

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 12:58:14 PM »

Would you mind scaling them against my star destroyer? It's 1.6km long, but I made it 500 pixels tall. So a galaxy should be roughly half that size. A little license would be fine and maybe even make it 300 or 325 tall, but it would be odd if the star trek ships were larger than an ISD (with some exceptions of course).

Imp0815

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 01:13:53 PM »

Thats cool me and Ashbringer are currently working on some more Starfleet ships along with some Klingon. I'm keen to get some Romulan and Borg ones done aswell :)

The Borg will be a pice of work ...
Quantity instead of precision
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7