Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Fuel consumption reduction skill not working [0.8.1a]  (Read 1625 times)

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
Fuel consumption reduction skill not working [0.8.1a]
« on: August 02, 2017, 04:40:36 PM »

Just recently grabbed the -25% Fuel consumption skill (navigation tier 2 I believe) and noticed 0 difference when flying about (figured it may have been because I got a new ship added to my fleet and it's F/LY was 1 and with 25% reduction on all my reduction in total should have been 1.25 F/LY so I though I didn't notice it at first.) However after going around a bit on survey missions I noticed my fuel drops so auickly, so I decided to clicking F1 I noticed it made no difference in my fuel consumption.... Anyone know if the skill actually doesn't work or if it's just the menu displaying it wrong? Would be kinda annoying to find out the former lol.

Thanks in advance to any responses

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fuel consumption reduction skill not working [0.8.1a]
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »

As far as I'm aware, it works, but it doesn't apply per-ship so you'll only see the impact on your -fuel/day display, but not on individual ship tooltips.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:32:32 PM »

If I look at my overall ship per day consumption (via the hyperspace menu and clicking F1) it still shows ships that have a 1F/LY as taking up that much, I will try and get a screenshot here for you if that would help? Also is there anyway it could be a mod? I could provide a mods list as well

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

Like i said, it doesn't apply per-ship but applies to your fleet as a whole. I can see how it's confusing as far as the tooltip etc, though. I just double-checked and it looks like it works properly.

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 09:04:25 PM »

Did some tests and you are correct, also noticed that the overall consumption was different then the sum of all the ships consumption (as you said) apologies for the false alarm

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 09:05:30 PM »

Cool, no worries. How it's presented is indeed a bit confusing! I should really adjust it at some point.