Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Asimov Institute  (Read 13833 times)

cpmartins

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Asimov Institute
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2017, 11:41:32 AM »

After a little bit of, erm, "optimized playing" I was able to get all the rewards and, although some of them are kinda OP, the amount of time it would take to get them legitimately and leveling the institute to get them where they actually are better than the vanilla offerings is more than enough to get godlike the usual way, i.e., playing normally and optimizing your fleet. If you're going to balance to get it a little more vanilla-like, I'd like to request you make a version keeping the numbers the way they are. I really enjoyed the leveling aspect, and it gave me a reason not to avoid the Starlight Cabal and their goddamned Hyperions like the plague.
The descriptions are also top notch.

Undefined

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Protector World
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 01:24:07 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, really glad to hear you like the way it works, what you describe was exactly my aim, the only modifications I plan to make to the setup if needed is to bring the progression times in-line with alternate progression routes. My intention with the randomness involved is to make it possible to get lucky early on with a sweet prototype or hull mod but still maintain an overall linear curve when it comes to increasing your power.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »

15242225 [Thread-4] INFO  ark.data.campaign.events.RivalFoundedEvent  - ADDING rival_institute4 to Prism Freeport
15243210 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at ark.data.campaign.events.RivalFoundedEvent.getTokenReplacements(RivalFoundedEvent.java:43)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.BaseEventPlugin.addTokensToList(BaseEventPlugin.java:394)
   at ark.data.campaign.events.RivalFoundedEvent.getHighlights(RivalFoundedEvent.java:50)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEventStage(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportEventStage(Unknown Source)
   at ark.data.campaign.events.RivalFoundedEvent.startEvent(RivalFoundedEvent.java:73)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.events.CampaignEventManager.startEvent(Unknown Source)
   at ark.data.campaign.ArkEventManager.doCreateNewRivalEvent(ArkEventManager.java:137)
   at ark.data.campaign.ArkEventManager.checkWeeklyEvents(ArkEventManager.java:85)
   at ark.data.campaign.ArkEventManager.advance(ArkEventManager.java:64)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Gave me a Fatal: Null error
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2017, 02:13:50 PM »

I've played with the mod on several occasions. I have encountered two bugs:

1) Sometimes, when I visit the station I already had an institute established, I have the option to create another one. I would basically have two then.
2) Sometimes, my invested points are lost. Effectively allowing me to start from level 1 and re-purchase mods, ships and so on.

Unfortunately I don't know how to report these bugs more precisely, since I have no "error log" or screenshots.

PS: I absolutely love the mod. It's a new take on a different gameplay technique, that makes the mid to end game so much more enjoyable (along with the IBB).

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »

Can you make the institute after joining a faction rather then creating your own?

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2017, 03:00:33 PM »

Any progress with the Institute so far, Undefined?

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Camael

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2017, 12:09:03 AM »

This looks amazingly awesome. Are there any plans to make this compatible with non-nexerelin? (For some weird reason I don't like it, any maybe others feel the same...)

Modest

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2017, 02:28:08 AM »

How I haven't noticed that mod before I don't know... Great mod. I enjoy it greatly.

BUG - when loading last save which was also game start (so I haven't made any saves and loading last save took me to game start) I had no longer ability to create Asimov Institute while planet also didn't had one (since it could not, since I haven't founded it yet since I loaded game to pre-build institute moment).

I really do hope that you will continue working on this mod since it is a Great Mod :) Best wishes! :)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 02:29:55 PM »

Do you plan to do some fixes to the bugs in this mod anytime?

There's a current bug that needs some fixing, and it's when you come back to the Institute establishments and the research has gone back to Level 1

Now either the Institue is being pillaged, it's research is out somewhere else, or it's a bug.

Also, that damn Salvage Rig, what is the point of it? More salvage?

Tommy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2017, 10:00:53 AM »

I really do hope this mod gets started. Bugs fixed, more ships and so on.

It's been a very stimulating push for me, to re-enter gameplay.

SierraTangoDelta

• Commander
  • Who could it be?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »

Fun mod. Hope to see it updated, it adds a nice layer to the game!
Pages: 1 [2]