Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.8.1a][WIP] So you want to be a Modder  (Read 1620 times)

pegwymonie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.8.1a][WIP] So you want to be a Modder
« on: August 29, 2017, 07:39:46 PM »

Straight to the point. When I was looking into modding this game I ran into a lot of issues with getting everything to come together correctly. Manually having to put all the stuff together, and not sure where to put some stuff. I also was frustrated by the difficulty of testing the code I was writing. I hope that this tool will help future modders save some sanity, and generally just have more time to put into their mod.

I make no promises this is exactly right, I have 0.5 mods for this game under my belt. I do plan to migrate this to Github, were those more experienced can more easily provide usable feedback.

Attached is a mod template, Including:
  • A Gradle build file, primed to build and bundle your mod into a zip file. (build/distributions/)
  • One line csv files, and empty json files are excluded from packaging, so only the files you modify will make into the bundle
  • The Starsector API included as a locally loaded dependency (Can remove if it violates licenses)
  • The additional dependencies used, loaded via Maven Central
  • Test dependencies, including a small library I wrote called SectorUnit. (It runs on top of Mockito and Hamcrest. Usage Example included libs/test/SectorUnit.jar$MockedGlobalTest)
  • A Mod Report generated during the build, listing what files were included (Found build/modReport.log)

Download       Source
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:52:28 AM by pegwymonie »