Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Nothing to do?  (Read 3223 times)

Phyrexious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Nothing to do?
« on: August 01, 2017, 06:14:28 AM »

I know the game is still in development, and I absolutely love the art style, combat mechanics, ship upgrading etc..
But a few hours into the game, and I have no idea what to do. It doesn't seem there's a story to be told in this empty world? Just fly from A to B and encounter the same empty planets with nothing to do on them?

Maybe I'm missing something here... Is there a main quest line I can follow? Or some specific places I should visit first?
Or maybe just wait till the game is fully released... (bought the game years ago when it was still called Starfarer, so I'm not holding my breath)

Sonlirain

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing to do?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 08:55:21 AM »

The game is more like mount and blade without any real goal you need to accomplish. Later on i guess you could start doing industry and factions will start expanding their borders. But as things are the only endgame is fighting clowns in beacon systems.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Nothing to do?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 02:02:06 PM »

For now, no there is no goal or main quest. However, a mod adds in some 4X level stuff, allowing you to take over planets and stations and eventually win the game. Said mod is called Nexerelin. Link: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=9175.0
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too