Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mouse click not firing any weapons.  (Read 3195 times)

recnelis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Mouse click not firing any weapons.
« on: July 29, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »

I cant for the life of me get any of my guns to fire regardless of what key I bind.. I have been playing the game by setting the guns on Auto and selecting a different weapon.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse click not firing any weapons.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2017, 06:36:27 PM »

Hmm. I think I remember something similar being reported a while back and the issue turning out to be custom mouse drivers. I *think* if you uninstall whatever custom mouse drivers you've got (if any) and go back to using dealt windows ones, that should resolve the problem.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 09:02:01 PM »

You can also re-map mouse buttons to do (mouse button + keyboard key, same on button-up) while in-game using Autohotkey https://autohotkey.com/, if all else fails.

muhvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:58:54 AM »

Hmm. I think I remember something similar being reported a while back and the issue turning out to be custom mouse drivers. I *think* if you uninstall whatever custom mouse drivers you've got (if any) and go back to using dealt windows ones, that should resolve the problem.

I have same issue, though i had windows default driver with Razer Lachesis mouse. Then i reinstalled Razer drivers, it worked for one boot and then stopped working. While it is probably somehow related to the mouse driver, i think the issue is with the game, not the drivers. I have something like 300-400 different games played with this mouse and drivers and have had no issues with any of them with any given driver.

I remember i had this problem in earlier version years ago, but i can't remember how i got it fixed back then.

It is very weird, it only affects the left button. Right button works fine.

Also, the mouse button does work in settings, it is just in game where it stops working.

Cosmitz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 06:02:58 AM »

Might be a silly thing, but any difference between running it fullscreen or windowed?

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »

Look and see if you have multiple drivers installed and if so, uninstall all of them (after a back up) and then re install only the generic one before testing. IIRC that fixed the other bugs that were like this
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

muhvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2017, 11:03:02 AM »

Might be a silly thing, but any difference between running it fullscreen or windowed?

Nope.

muhvi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »

Look and see if you have multiple drivers installed and if so, uninstall all of them (after a back up) and then re install only the generic one before testing. IIRC that fixed the other bugs that were like this

I did this, i removed drivers and then replugged USB so it installed back as HID-compliant mouse. Didn't help.

canned Tomatoes

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 07:34:18 AM »

I would guess it is a problem similar to this
https://www.gametextures.com/fix-your-wacom-drivers-without-restarting-win/
Especially since it worked for the Razer Lachesis after reinstalling the drivers.
It was the same with my tablet where it worked when I reinstalled the drivers, but when I booted the PC the next day, it stopped working.
The standard driver for windows was getting started after the dedicated driver for my tablet, deactivating it in the process, I think, so deactivating it in that menu fixed it.
Not sure how it would be with your mouse though.