Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: mislabeled commands in hotkey settings  (Read 1469 times)

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
mislabeled commands in hotkey settings
« on: July 21, 2017, 06:47:20 PM »

there are quite a few minor issues in the hotkey settings:

under Combat:
- Pull back fighters should be labeled as either Send fighters (as they now start every battle pulled back already) or Toggle fighter engage/regroup

under Fleet Command:
- Search & destroy (fleetwide) should now be labeled Full Assault!, like the button on the tactical map
- Order full retreat is still correct, but should perhaps also more accurately reflect the Full Retreat! label of its button
- it would be nice if More information would just use the Expand Tooltip hotkey set under General, or allow setting the two to the same hotkey rather than overwriting the other, as there are no tooltips to expand anywhere on the tactical map anyway

under Fleet Command (Waypoint & Objectives):
- Capture/Control/Recon shouldn't include the Recon part anymore, since that command no longer exists
- there are individual hotkeys for several commands that no longer exist at all: Rally strike force, Fighter rendezvous, Rally carrier
- the hotkeys for Assault and Defend should be merged as with Capture/Control, since only one of these will work at any given time for a selected capture/way point, and switch automatically when a capture point changes sides

under Fleet Command (Hostiles):
- Strike should probably also more accurately reflect the Fighter Strike label of its command button
- the hotkey for the Eliminate command is still labeled as Intercept, which no longer exists
- there should be an option for the hotkey of the Avoid command in this section, which is currently permanently bound to V and can't be changed

under Fleet Command (Friendlies):
- another hotkey for a command that no longer exists (and hasn't for a while? ^^): Repair & refit

..i think that's all! :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: mislabeled commands in hotkey settings
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 07:59:08 PM »

Thank you! Very comprehensive :)

Fixed up most of this; minus the Assault/Defend thing (I'm fairly sure I did this for a reason, though it escapes me now) and using F1 for "more information" (non-trivial given how things are set up).

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: mislabeled commands in hotkey settings
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:33:25 PM »

oki, thanks. :]