Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Modify value of Officers peer skill level? OP Edit?  (Read 2437 times)

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Modify value of Officers peer skill level? OP Edit?
« on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:09 PM »

Hi there.
I'm creating few mini-mods for community, nothing to fancy realy, more like quality of life or balance quick edits that one keeps all the time rather than re-entry his edits every time game or mod has its slight update - things so simple and small most people don't bother to make a mod, while repeat same boring procedure of manual edits - like for example camera pan and zoom levels, whole salvage balance, faction name with flag and loadout...and... i hit a wall making last option for officer control mod where ammong other things their max count was under investigation.
In 0.7.2a there was a clear option to edit max ammounth of Officers, i did found same function under diffirent name, but changing it makes other balance problems.

First of all, in settings.json we have:

"baseNumOfficers":4;
(in 0.7.2a it was called "officerPlayerMax")

This was just plain and simple maximal officer count you could hire...
...now its ammounth of Officers you can hire at the beginning of a game before investing any points into "OfficerManagement" skill.
This number will then be risen by 2 on each level, so firs 4-6-8-10...this unfortunetly makes this skill usless with high settings of "baseNumOfficers", while i found no other way to rise max Officer number player could hire. I like to collect faces...and there  is so much waifu mods, ekhm...i like immersion roleplay.

So I seek where is located a file/script controlling how levels affect this value, to set skills as main factor of change...so it would be lets say 5-10-15-20, rather than 14-16-18-20. Yes i know...such little is disrespectful for any waifu collector.

Also on side note...anyone know where i can find entry to edit this 10% OP buff? I know there are some people who would agree, that it would have more sense with flat +10 and then *1.1, couse now its almost usless for small frigates while edit would not change much for capitals.

Thanks and regards!
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.