Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.9a] Active Gates 0.2.0  (Read 120577 times)

SirBrodacious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Active Gates 0.2.0
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »

Hi! I love this mod as it saves a lot of time, though I'm curious if there'd be a way for activated gates to be added to an intel page? I don't know a lot about modding, so my apologies if this isn't possible or a pain, but I think if it's possible it'd be a great way to keep track of all the active gates in the system. But again, thank you for the mod!

runetrantor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2019, 05:29:23 PM »

100% agree.

Right now I have to take a picture of the sector at the start of a run and mark stuff in the image instead, to know where I have gates.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2019, 05:34:47 PM »

It might just be me, but I don't like the idea of being able to build your own gate.
Forget the lore, my main concern is it devalues systems with existing gates (which had only just gained that value too :P ).
Also, is there a way to auto-path through them, similar to how you can path through jump points? Have yet to install because too busy playing (typing in hyperspace) :P

Hague

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2019, 06:56:31 PM »

Personally, I think the "fleets using the gates" thing can be solved by simply making the gates themselves into orbital colonies that the player can refurbish with a special building that upgrades through stages to be the working gateway. When fleets show up and disappear, they look like they're passing through the gateway. Give the gateway building a Luddic Path interest of 32. This allows the gateway itself to function as an industry that generates income for the gate owner and as a functional outpost. Once the functional gateway works, the player gets access to the gateway menu. The player would already be paying for the gateway if they controlled it via the building upkeep but if they give it away via Nexerelin or lose it to another faction, they would have to pay fee instead.

Alfa Cor

• Ensign
  • Ya-yeet the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 28, 2019, 02:00:37 AM »

Does having an active gate increase accessibility of colonies in the same system?

runetrantor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2019, 02:03:28 PM »

Pretty sure that as far as the AI is concerned, the gates are as dead as always. 
And accessibility is just a number resulting in set modifiers.

I dont think gates have one attached if they are open. 
Specially as there's no warranty you have already activated a second gate, or if said second gate is not in a red beacon system half the sector away from the core.

Eshir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2020, 03:45:03 AM »

is there a way to get this to work with Player Station Construction by boggled so that the astral gates can be listed as destination to jump to AND go back through the astral gates back to these gates?

xelo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2021, 10:24:53 PM »

I'm very happy to inform you that this mod works (at least for me) pretty well in StarSector v0.95aRC15.

Thank you!

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2021, 04:23:00 AM »

I'm very happy to inform you that this mod works (at least for me) pretty well in StarSector v0.95aRC15.

Thank you!
Are you not aware?
Spoiler
This is in vanilla gameplay now, no need to try and get the mod to work.
[close]

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 17, 2021, 09:05:11 AM »

Thank you!
Are you not aware?
Spoiler
[close]
Well, maybe they are playing with Nex without the main campaign?

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2021, 04:03:53 AM »

Thank you!
Are you not aware?
Spoiler
[close]
Well, maybe they are playing with Nex without the main campaign?
In which case the campaign is automatically completed.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]