Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Remnant Command Transfer 1.0.2  (Read 54912 times)

Lord Heart Night

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Remnant Command Transfer
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2021, 01:32:13 AM »

Impractical since it is single use. Tedious if needs to be repeated. What I did in 0.91 was removing the tags from automated ship classes that made those vessels unrecoverable. They acted like regular ships after this edit. Obviously you could transfer command to them. Probably sill works, you only need to find the new ship classes.
[/quote]

It is impractical and doping it your way is fine but you then cant use AI cores in your ships, id need to alter the mod so it was removable/applicable but i dont know hpw and people have said its hard coded

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 01:36:10 AM by Lord Heart Night »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2021, 06:02:17 AM »

Never mind, old method would not work anyway due to changes to the automated ships hullmod (and skill).

DaHALOSHOCK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2021, 03:49:18 PM »

really need a mod to let you use the radiant as a flagship cause honestly i don't see a point to this mod having to swap ships mid battle in every battle is a waste of time.

theDragn

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2021, 12:03:09 PM »

really need a mod to let you use the radiant as a flagship cause honestly i don't see a point to this mod having to swap ships mid battle in every battle is a waste of time.

Basically, the way it works in the code is if the ship has the Automated Ship hullmod, you can assign an AI core officer, but not a human one. That can't be modified. The Automated Ship hullmod blocks command transfer, but hullmods can be modified (this is what this mod does). Integrating an AI core also blocks command transfer, but the code that handles that can't be modified. The only things I can change in this situation are the hullmod itself, or whether ships have the hullmod— I can't modify how officer assignment works.
Pages: 1 [2]