Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Personal Contacts (08/13/20)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Common Drops 1.1 - Cherry picking blueprints made easy  (Read 14011 times)

Crimson Sky Gaurdian

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Common Drops 1.1 - Cherry picking blueprints made easy
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2019, 01:52:15 PM »

And I am back from meditating far away from humanity (my bed) for 40 days and 40 nights!

More to the point since this is getting off topic, is there a way to teak the drop rates myself in the mod settings? Personally not really looking for a balanced mod, I just want to get BPs since I am running a heavily modded game (47 mods 14 of which are factions) and it's increasingly hard for me to find what I want with that much content being pushed in the galaxy.

Side note: It seems I can't exchange most of BPs with Prism Freeport, not sure if vanilla behavior or introduced by this mod.

If you navigate to the data/campaign/procgen folder of this mod you can alter the rates in the drop-groups file.

You can't exchange them at Prism Freeport because they use a different item type than regular blueprints.

I would address this, but I'm actually retiring this mod for one that lets you just "unpack" packages instead. It still has compatibility problems, but far less and they're far easier to resolve.

Cyan Leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2019, 06:26:03 PM »

I'll drop in to agree with something I read earlier, diluting drop pools is a real issue. If you're directly impacting how the game rewards players for exploring, there is a risk of making the rewards worse and rare item rarer.   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 11:35:58 PM by Cyan Leader »

Chewzie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2020, 12:06:01 AM »

I'm actually retiring this mod for one that lets you just "unpack" packages instead.
It is not released yet?

Crimson Sky Gaurdian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2020, 03:37:06 PM »

It is not released yet?
It hasn't no, but here, shhh.
(If a mod adds a new blueprint package, you'll have to modify it to use this function yourself.)

MrFluffster

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2020, 01:37:33 AM »

I highly recommend hosting your mod on an external site(github, bitbucket, mega, google drive, anything) as it's inconvenient for potential mod users to keep it an attachment.

Also iirc attachments are periodically purged globally so they're only good for short term hosting.
Author of the somewhat-mediocre Fluff's Ship Pack. Check it out!
Feel free to send me feedback on discord @PMMeCuteBugPhotos#0420

Crimson Sky Gaurdian

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2020, 11:00:38 AM »

I highly recommend hosting your mod on an external site(github, bitbucket, mega, google drive, anything) as it's inconvenient for potential mod users to keep it an attachment.

Also iirc attachments are periodically purged globally so they're only good for short term hosting.
I don't believe a bare minimum of community interaction is an unfair gating condition.
The periodic purge, however, is most concerning.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]