Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Different fleet and faction relations  (Read 2312 times)

00lewnor

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Different fleet and faction relations
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:56:46 PM »

A persistent bug I have been running in to but unable to find a cause for, sometimes I would be warned that "turning your transponder on now will reveal your hostile acts to the independents" despite never attacking any independents. I just encountered something similar with Nexerelin; I engaged a Persian league fleet and destroyed all but a few frigates, immediately after my faction declared peace with the Persian league and I immediately received at the same warning.

I believe that this happens when a specific fleet that is hostile to you, for example a pirate smuggler or Persian league that you have attacked, changes at their faction relationship towards you to friendly, for example of becoming a independent smuggler or your factions declaring peace, the individual fleet remains hostile and if they identify you again will update your faction relationships to hostile.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:08:08 PM by 00lewnor »

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Different fleet and faction relations
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 09:12:23 PM »

Huh... So that explains it. I've also ran into this bug and was wondering what's going on. I was actually almost getting convinced that my memory is so horrible that I don't remember accidentally attacking independents, while doing a carnage of mercantile fleets.

Spoorthuzad

• Captain
  • Looking right into your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 01:56:38 AM »

I think this has to do with attacking smugglers that at the moment of killing them were pirates but were about to switch to independents. So the game somehow thinks that you killed independents instead of pirates. Had the same thing happen to me one time.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2017, 09:30:19 AM »

Thanks, guys - let me make a note here.