Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [solved] My beans wont brew (script compiling error, please help)  (Read 1489 times)

Gwyvern

• Captain
  • I build ships.
    • View Profile

(EDIT)
Apparently the .system file is supposed to look for FILEPATHNAMEOFFILE not FILEPATHNAMEOFFILE.JAVA

that was the whole problem.

I was having an issue where a script (which is currently just an exact copy of EntropyAmplifierstats.java, but renamed, of course re classed) was failing to compile on game startup, causing the game to crash.
(Checking the log dredges up something about a line of code in .janino, so i'm just assuming janino is choking on this script)
well it turned out I'm an idiot and didn't put my jar file in my mod folder, that fixed the crash issue.

Then, with the .jar firmly planted in the jars folder of my mod directory, the re-named ship system did not show up in the codex and clicking on any of my ships in the codex caused the game to crash, spitting out major.minor errors regarding a hullmod that they all possess (And had been working just fine up until I added the .jar to the mod info).

I did a little digging, and found out that's because by default netbeans (the IDE I'm using) was set to compile for java 8, and SS uses java 7. At this point I downloaded SDK 7 and switched netbeans sources target to JDK 7 and the libraries to JDK 1.7 and recompiled, putting the new jar where the old one was.

After doing all that, I'm back to getting the same exact compile error on startup as I was before I had a .jar at all, and I honestly have no idea where to go from here.

I've already asked the discord, nobody willing to listen has any clue why its doing this, so I've come here.

inb4 "use X different IDE" I grabbed eclipse and set that up, doing the same test of copying over Entropy Amplifier and renaming it, setting Eclipse's compiler compliance to java 7, same result as above. This really shouldn't be that complicated...its an existing vanilla script, so why the hell is it putting up such a fight, if I had any hair I'd have torn it all out by now.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:02:11 PM by Trylobot »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: My beans wont brew (script compiling error, please help)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 11:55:46 AM »

Apparently the .system file is supposed to look for FILEPATHNAMEOFFILE not FILEPATHNAMEOFFILE.JAVA

Right, yep - that's the *class* name.