Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Thanks to you!  (Read 3034 times)

Tertius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Thanks to you!
« on: July 01, 2017, 11:31:28 AM »

(Short time lurker.)
Hello everybody, first of all i would like to say that i have been, for quite a while now, gathering the courage i guess, to put into words what i think about this amazing  game.  And second, to really give credits where credits are due.

I came to know of Starsector, almost a year now, due to this youtuber called bluedrake42, if i'm not typing it wrong. I had a lot of luck finding about it, because it is not aggressively advertised.  At the time, i felt like it was almost as if, a long time wish had come true. The ambiance, the playability, the art, everything, to the music, made me feel like i just had hit the jackpot of games. I come from Freelancer and X games so i felt the same passion, if i can call it that, for Starsector. But my trusty asus laptop was yet to be put to the test. And what do you know, it worked like a charm. The game is easy going on requirements to run it, and i thank you a lot for that Alex.

So, i would like to express that you, Alex and all the guys, have done a truly amazing game and i hope that soon, it will hit Steam at least, so i can proudly buy it again into my collection :D.

Oh, and of course, this forum is amazing as well. Clean, civilized, full of educated and kind persons that will help or give advices on pretty much everything game-related. Almost every time i had a doubt or a bug, i just had to search the forum for it, and there it was the answer or the solution to it. From the moderators, to all the modders, Alex, David everybody (please include yourself here), are true top notch people, credits to you all.
I really like all of you, i have the feeling that you guys in here are like really good friends with each other and that's the spirit a game like Starsector wants/deserves.

Thanks everybody and go for Beta.

PS: Right, and English is not my main language, therefore i apologize if i said something or typed something wrong.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Thanks to you!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 11:44:00 AM »

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Thank you for your kind words, that made my day :D

Bad_Idea

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:05:32 AM »

Can i also force my way in here and deeply thank you, Alex, and the rest of the people that have worked on this amazing game for their work over the years? I bought the game roughly 5 years ago and played it a ton, i eventually - however - got bored of the unchanging nature of the testing system and shelved it. I recently rediscovered the game and have been having metric tonnes of fun! Having played the game those 5 years ago really makes me appreciate the amount of work you people have put into this masterpiece! (I also call it Starfarer every now and then, though...)

So, know that your hard work is appreciated! Thank you!

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 03:03:42 PM »

I'm still overly thankful that this game even exists. Have played games like Star Control 2, Privateer, Wing Commander 3, Homeworld 1 & Cataclysm & 2 plus remastered edition of 1&2, Frontier First Encounters, KSP, S.P.A.Z/SPAZ aka Space Pirates and Zombies, Warhammer 40k's newer PC stuff, FTL, Interstellaria, newer MechWarrior/Battletech stuff in the far past, Stardrive 1&2, Freelancer with about a dozen replay of the campaign, Star Trek and Star Wars games and so on and so forth, the list goes on as I've given large variety of Sci-Fi games a try over the years and all I mentioned here are in a disorganized random fashion as I went down the memory lane remembering different games I played at different times.

Starsector though, it feels like a great time sink that has this Star Control 2 mixed with Homeworld kind of vibe to it to a point I have a hard time trying to think of what buttons it presses on me that makes me pour hours into making customized ships to relax even some more hours with a steamroll commando starship.

This game is like a rare gem shining like a beacon from a time when more quality and hours was put into games and is basically a love letter to anyone who grew up with games that had more depth and immersion than modern games with empty shells covered by fancy graphics. As the known usual saying goes: Graphics don't make the game.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 09:31:13 PM »

Thank you guys, that really means a lot :D

nathanebht

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:56:17 PM »

If only we could get to release faster. Think there would be a good interest on Steam.

Drokkath

• Captain
  • Xenophilic Mutant Commando
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 08:07:13 PM »

@Nathanebht

All in due time, eventually. Better late than never and better late than early as a bug-ridden glitchy trainwreck, too many games have done that and thus crushed hopes and dreams of many from time and time again.

Once outpost element is in the game eventually at some point, I'll be setting up a safe port for my loot and scavenged items and recovered ships. Merely speculating and guesstimating what use I'd have with outposts.
For I dipt in to the future, far as my gazer eye could see; Saw the vision of the world, and all the wonder that would be.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2017, 09:54:06 AM »

a bit late, but: welcome, you two! ^^

Starsector will most likely find its way onto steam eventually, although there's never a guarantee it'll happen until it actually happens. especially since Valve has been changing a few things over time, and the game will probably still take a couple years to reach completion.

and i agree on the community being great (as well as the game, obviously). the (unofficial) discord server is up to around 500 members now, and we still barely need any chat moderation because people just keep being so goddamn nice all the time. :D