Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Buffalo MkIIs v0.0.4a(WIP)  (Read 17818 times)

Regoso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Buffalo MkIIs v0.0.2(WIP)
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2017, 05:19:13 AM »

Next Update will have a Anti-Fighter Buffalo. Real life has been punching me in the face as of late so iv been out of sorts dealing with that stuff.

Sneak peek:
Spoiler
[close]

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Buffalo MkIIs v0.0.2(WIP)
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 02:47:38 AM »

Fortress Shielded... xD

Maybe Buffalo Drone Defendor ...like Drone Frigate from Homeworld?

http://orig09.deviantart.net/d96e/f/2014/174/f/3/hiigaran_drone_frigate_by_pasteljam-d7noskq.png
http://abload.de/img/244160_2015-03-01_001xyui3.png

They deploy and then create a Orb around frigate like shield from drones...then it drives itsef inside fighter clusters or missile barrages.
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

Regoso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Buffalo MkIIs v0.0.3/v0.0.4(WIP)
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »

Alright new Update is out hope yall like the changes and new Anti-fighter Buffalo.

Update(12/4/17):

Added new ship (Hairyback)and gave ships names  ;D

Also added art file so yall can make your own buffalos or see how i did it
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 08:59:08 PM by Regoso »

Delta7

• Commander
  • forum idiot
    • View Profile
    • my personal DA account
Re: [0.8.1a] Buffalo MkIIs v0.0.4(WIP)
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2018, 01:52:34 PM »

this is the greatest mod ever o.o
warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity

JT

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2018, 12:39:04 PM »

Hi Regoso!  I found a bug which manifests itself in a very unusual way.  The bug itself is simple, but the consequences are corrupt save games. =)

1) When using this mod alongside Combat Analytics, that other mod stores data in the saved game that includes the names of the ships and the names of the ship classes.
2) This mod contains invalid Unicode characters in three of its variant designs: the Furious Love, Salvager, and Miner.  Each has an invalid "0x16" hexadecimal character in front of the name.
3) When Combat Analytics writes this invalid character to the saved game, the save file becomes corrupt (the game's XML parser cannot read a 0x16 hexadecimal character).

The error might not be obvious if you're using a basic text editor, but essentially, here's how it looks:

"Salvager"
"Miner"
"Furious Love"

e.g., the Furious Love, in hexadecimal, is:

16 46 75 72 69 6F 75 73 20 4C 6F 76 65

If you're using a good text editor it should be possible to see those invalid characters and delete them directly, but if using Notepad or something else, it should still be possible just to copy and paste the following valid strings over top of the displaynames in the three affected files: buffalo2_42_FL.variant, buffalo2_42_M.variant, and buffalo2_42_S.variant:

"Furious Love"
"Miner"
"Salvager"

The good news: If your savefile has been corrupted, it should be possible to locate any of these strings using an advanced text editor by editing your saved game's campaign.xml, and then to delete the "space" between "class" and the given variant name.  For instance, you might see a "Buffalo II/Hairyback class Furious Love Destroyer" -- but in fact between "class" and "Furious Love" is a space and an invalid unprintable character.  Put your cursor in front of the F and hit backspace twice, and then hit spacebar once, and it should be fine.  Likewise for the Miner or Salvager.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 12:40:59 PM by JT »

Regoso

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2018, 12:43:50 PM »

Hi Regoso!  I found a bug which manifests itself in a very unusual way.  The bug itself is simple, but the consequences are corrupt save games. =)

1) When using this mod alongside Combat Analytics, that other mod stores data in the saved game that includes the names of the ships and the names of the ship classes.
2) This mod contains invalid Unicode characters in three of its variant designs: the Furious Love, Salvager, and Miner.  Each has an invalid "0x16" hexadecimal character in front of the name.
3) When Combat Analytics writes this invalid character to the saved game, the save file becomes corrupt (the game's XML parser cannot read a 0x16 hexadecimal character).

The error might not be obvious if you're using a basic text editor, but essentially, here's how it looks:

"Salvager"
"Miner"
"Furious Love"

e.g., the Furious Love, in hexadecimal, is:

16 46 75 72 69 6F 75 73 20 4C 6F 76 65

If you're using a good text editor it should be possible to see those invalid characters and delete them directly, but if using Notepad or something else, it should still be possible just to copy and paste the following valid strings over top of the displaynames in the three affected files: buffalo2_42_FL.variant, buffalo2_42_M.variant, and buffalo2_42_S.variant:

"Furious Love"
"Miner"
"Salvager"

The good news: If your savefile has been corrupted, it should be possible to locate any of these strings using an advanced text editor by editing your saved game's campaign.xml, and then to delete the "space" between "class" and the given variant name.  For instance, you might see a "Buffalo II/Hairyback class Furious Love Destroyer" -- but in fact between "class" and "Furious Love" is a space and an invalid unprintable character.  Put your cursor in front of the F and hit backspace twice, and then hit spacebar once, and it should be fine.  Likewise for the Miner or Salvager.
ok working on a fix now this update may include work in progress stuff in it.

edit:could have swore i fixed that must have sneaked in a update or roll back on my end

Update edit: ok i think i fixed the issue sorry about that. Update now live with fix.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 01:13:16 PM by Regoso »
Pages: 1 [2]