Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Make carrier decks vulnerable  (Read 7130 times)

TrashMan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Make carrier decks vulnerable
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2017, 02:08:03 AM »

Perhaps damaging a carrier near a specified launch bay could further reduce the carrier's replacement rate?

Having said that, I agree with Wapno's point: by killing a carrier's fighters, you already are disabling their weaponry. So while it'd be a neat feature, I think carriers would need to get integrally tougher (or have better in-combat AI) to compensate.

I don't care, it's on a ship therefore it should be damagable.

The fighter is the ORDINANCE, the bay is he WEAPON. It's like saying you shot down he missile therefore the missile launcher doesn't matter. Stupid.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2017, 10:46:50 PM »

I don't care, it's on a ship therefore it should be damagable.

The fighter is the ORDINANCE, the bay is he WEAPON. It's like saying you shot down he missile therefore the missile launcher doesn't matter. Stupid.

Not really. Technically the fighter is the "weapon", because it actually carries weapons that fire "ordnance". In other words, you're trying to compare a launch bay to a missile launcher that launches missiles...

... When in fact it would actually be a missile launcher launcher that launches missile launchers which fly around and launch missiles. I don't think you should have to go back a third step to counter such a device.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 11:46:16 PM »

We already have a MIRV launcher that shoots missile launching missiles.

I see no problem with the idea of stunning carrier decks during a battle.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 01:26:41 AM »

We already have a MIRV launcher that shoots missile launching missiles.

I see no problem with the idea of stunning carrier decks during a battle.

Man, I just knew someone was going to follow that up with an MIRV comparision.  :P

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 07:55:41 AM »

Nothing says missiles cannot shoot other missiles, or beams for that matter.  I consider fighters homing smart missiles that can shoot more missiles.  If I want a regenerating missile, I rarely bother with Salamanders or Pilums.  Instead, I install Converted Hangar and grab a wing of fighters.

That said, I like invulnerable fighter bays.

Snrasha

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2017, 02:51:17 AM »

Nothing says missiles cannot shoot other missiles, or beams for that matter.  I consider fighters homing smart missiles that can shoot more missiles.  If I want a regenerating missile, I rarely bother with Salamanders or Pilums.  Instead, I install Converted Hangar and grab a wing of fighters.

That said, I like invulnerable fighter bays.

And you have maybe say the problem of vulnerable carrier deck, the hullmod converted Hangar add a invisible launch bay who cannot be vulnerable.

So all launch bays need to be invulnerable(except if the converted hanger put a nerf on the hull of the ship, ah ah). After, each launch bay have a different size, so not balanced for some ships, if launch bay is vulnerable.

This is just my personal critic to this idea.

I am pretty bad on english. So, sorry in advance.

Gladiator Society
Add battle options on Com Relay/ Framework for modders for add their own bounty.

Sanguinary Autonomist Defectors A fan-mod of Shadowyard.
Pages: 1 [2]