Fractal Softworks Forum
September 24, 2018, 05:36:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Salvaging Mechanics Update (09/06/18); In-dev patch notes for Starsector 0.9a (06/01/18);Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WIP][0.0.1] Mini_UAF - Public Test Version  (Read 16636 times)
Hazard
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 19, 2018, 11:55:58 AM »

Looking good! Can't wait to try out the test release.
Ryxsen1421
Captain

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2018, 11:26:36 AM »

Mini UAF
Click here to download version 0.0.1

Released:
    Ships:
    • Solvernia Class Dreadnought, Military variant
    • Reisen Class Battleship, Military variant

Weapons:
    • Basic weaponry for all ships ranging from super-heavy to light armaments.
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 11:31:56 AM by Ryxsen1421 » Logged

Nicke535
    Commander

Laserboi to some.

View Profile Email
    « Reply #77 on: April 28, 2018, 12:32:07 PM »

Nice to finally see the mod get off the ground! I played around in the test mission, and this is what I could think of immediately:

1) Sound design is really nice, but it has issues with timing (weapon sounds play long after the weapon has been fired).

2) The Reisen seems to have one of its Medium Ballistics slots as a Large Ballistic instead (the frontal right one).

3) The Weiss_50 and Claris_50 have identical projectile appearance despite having wildly different mechanics/stats, which makes them very hard to identify in a firefight.

4) The Solvernia seems to have 4 built-in cannons, but these can be removed by clicking "Strip" (This is probably due to an issue in the .ship file). It also completely lacks collision bounds.

5) The special hullmod doesn't seem to work as intended: looking through the code it seems as though you are using some functions in ways they don't quite work. Also, a quick tooltip on what, more exactly, the hullmod is supposed to do would be nice.

All in all, really nice work for a first version!

Ryxsen1421
    Captain

View Profile WWW Email
    « Reply #78 on: May 04, 2018, 10:20:25 AM »

Nice to finally see the mod get off the ground! I played around in the test mission, and this is what I could think of immediately:

1) Sound design is really nice, but it has issues with timing (weapon sounds play long after the weapon has been fired).

2) The Reisen seems to have one of its Medium Ballistics slots as a Large Ballistic instead (the frontal right one).

3) The Weiss_50 and Claris_50 have identical projectile appearance despite having wildly different mechanics/stats, which makes them very hard to identify in a firefight.

4) The Solvernia seems to have 4 built-in cannons, but these can be removed by clicking "Strip" (This is probably due to an issue in the .ship file). It also completely lacks collision bounds.

5) The special hullmod doesn't seem to work as intended: looking through the code it seems as though you are using some functions in ways they don't quite work. Also, a quick tooltip on what, more exactly, the hullmod is supposed to do would be nice.

All in all, really nice work for a first version!

1) Thank you, I really made a good ( and got lucky with it ) choice in hiring a local skilled person!

2) Fixed!

3) I agreed, Weiss_50 is basically the close-in-weapon system that fires fragmentation rounds - it should work similarly to my basic MG which is the Reina MG.. however, Claris is an anti-ship cannon. so, yes. I believe that needs some changes to the projectiles and such.

4) How do you fix the 'strip' problem? I also noticed that collision bound issue ( only after releasing it tho ) as well and fixed it.

5) The special hullmod should work similarly or exactly like the vanilla 'XIV Battlegroup'. but in my version, they would enhance weapon range ( preferably point-defenses ) and fighter wing performances such as increased combat endurance and other generic upgrades that's suitable for respective ships.

xenoargh
    Admiral

Not a super-villain in real life.

View Profile
    « Reply #79 on: May 04, 2018, 02:49:28 PM »

4) How do you fix the 'strip' problem?
    Make the weapons Built-In, not part of the Variant.  Build-In weapons may not be removed via Strip.

Check out my SS projects Smiley
    LeoMaximus
    Ensign

View Profile Email
    « Reply #80 on: May 07, 2018, 03:44:28 AM »

Yeah I've loaded the ship's data file onto the ship editor and added the weapons to the fixed slots. Looking forward to your work, love the ships these act like Battle-cruisers once you hit the jets   

Ryxsen1421
    Captain

View Profile WWW Email
    « Reply #81 on: May 07, 2018, 09:10:53 AM »

Looking forward to your work, love the ships these act like Battle-cruisers once you hit the jets   

Thanks, Reisen is meant to be yours truly if you're looking for a speedy capital ship - Solvernia in the other hand, is your mobile fortress that should take hits for your fleet while the rest flanks around for the kill.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
      Print  

Jump to: