Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76

Author Topic: [0.97][WIP] United Aurora Federation 0.75c ( Hotfix 3 )  (Read 559563 times)

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] United Aurora Federation
« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2017, 06:05:46 PM »

Opphaler. According to Google Translate, it's Norwegian for "Hauler"

Could just call it "Bob" however. Nice, Simple, gets job done.  ;)
Man, the Nameless is such a cool name for a ship, though. Maybe we could have one in-lore as some kind of hero ship?

As for class names,

Hakobu
Rifuta
Morigana
Aliana
Kamotsu
Unso
Takiko
Arixis

"Nameless" sounds more like a name that goes to a mysterious and powerful warrior who's actions have inspired fear...That should be saved for a extremely powerful ship.

Random idea for a cruiser class ship called that: Low armor and hull but fast and maneuverable with a narrow but tough shield. Narrow profile with no rear defense and limited broadside defense. 2 hidden large weapon hardpoints that are tailor-made purely for the ship. Only 3-5 small ballistic mounts, intended for defense. Low flux capacity and vent points, but with a active system that vents flux rapidly when used. Dark coloring with nothing to make it stand out except that there is nothing to make it stand out.

Basically a quiet harmless looking cruiser who, if you let your guard down, will kill you before you realize something is wrong.

Think this plane for design.
http://www.desktopas.com/files/2012/11/18/lockheed-sr-71-blackbird-1920x1200.jpg

Example lore
Spoiler
A terrifying relic of ancient times. Next to nothing is known about this strange cruiser sized vessel. What little the Domain managed to learn of this strange vessel of almost humanlike design seemed to terrify them even more. It's shape is barely known, it never comes up on even the most powerful of scanners. The only thing that the Domain of Man managed to learn was it's name, which has since been lost. It now goes by many names, but it is most commonly known as "The Nameless Hunter", on account that it only hunts the most powerful of prey.
[close]
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2017, 01:01:47 AM »

-

"Nameless" sounds more like a name that goes to a mysterious and powerful warrior who's actions have inspired fear...That should be saved for a extremely powerful ship.

Random idea for a cruiser class ship called that: Low armor and hull but fast and maneuverable with a narrow but tough shield. Narrow profile with no rear defense and limited broadside defense. 2 hidden large weapon hardpoints that are tailor-made purely for the ship. Only 3-5 small ballistic mounts, intended for defense. Low flux capacity and vent points, but with a active system that vents flux rapidly when used. Dark coloring with nothing to make it stand out except that there is nothing to make it stand out.

Basically a quiet harmless looking cruiser who, if you let your guard down, will kill you before you realize something is wrong.

Exoscar
Fast Torpedo Wing

I believe this is what you're looking for. a very fast and nimble strikecraft capable of dealing strategic blow to enemy ships. but this one can only launch a barrage of torpedoes before needing to return to carrier for resupply. however, she won't have anything but speed to avoid taking hits. I also have a much bigger strikecraft ( as big as a Tempest frigate! ), but I havent remake it for use yet.

here's my counterpart of the vanilla small carrier. we're almost ready to launch the mod, starting with frigate size ships and their respective weapons!

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2017, 07:07:07 AM »

-

Exoscar
Fast Torpedo Wing

I believe this is what you're looking for. a very fast and nimble strikecraft capable of dealing strategic blow to enemy ships. but this one can only launch a barrage of torpedoes before needing to return to carrier for resupply. however, she won't have anything but speed to avoid taking hits. I also have a much bigger strikecraft ( as big as a Tempest frigate! ), but I havent remake it for use yet.

here's my counterpart of the vanilla small carrier. we're almost ready to launch the mod, starting with frigate size ships and their respective weapons!
Hmm...That works! Glad to see it's almost ready though! even though it felt ready for a while
Hi. I exist. Bye.

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2018, 06:15:14 AM »

Hey, how's the mod coming along, if I may ask? The waiting is killing me. ;)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:23:07 AM by Hazard »

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2018, 09:13:26 PM »

Hey, how's the mod coming along, if I may ask? The waiting is killing me. ;)

Give the big girl a bit more time aye? I mean, her engines are just about enough for steady as she goes.  ;)

ETA, somewhere in the middle of April.

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2018, 02:57:20 AM »

ETA, somewhere in the middle of April.

Sweeeeeeeeet
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2018, 07:36:51 AM »

The question arises of Nexerelin compatibility.

Or will it not have it from the start?
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Kevin Flemming

• Commander
  • So say we all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2018, 07:47:07 AM »

Wow, these look amazing. Love the style and detailing! Think I found my new faction. ;D

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2018, 06:23:51 AM »

The question arises of Nexerelin compatibility.

Or will it not have it from the start?

Unfortunately no, but the mod will eventually grow into a full fledged faction mod and then we'll work on making it compatible.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2018, 11:11:09 AM »

Nex compatibility isn't really that hard (I'd estimate it's about an evening of work), but it can be one more thing than you need to deal with when you're just trying to make it to release on your first mod. You're going to be wrestling balance demons and hunting bugs anyway; same deal with GraphicsLib integration (although once you know how, there are advantages to integrating it from day one).

Looking pretty good so far, if a little flat (mostly notable because your weapon sprites aren't). Kind of annoyed by the reversed painted text on the sprite; I'd probably make that actual type on a separate layer with a gentle distortion.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2018, 10:31:57 AM »

So, uhh - some good news I suppose, the basic weapons are ready to go and my flagship happened to be the best ship as a weapon testing platform.
The mod will be ready for public test release as soon as she arrives at the outer reaches of the sector - which is somewhere in this or next weekend.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2018, 08:28:20 PM »

Can't wait to see it come out.

Ryxsen1421

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2018, 06:00:13 AM »

Neuxoria
Super Carrier
Advanced

A new late-game / hi-tier supercarrier exclusive for the sub-faction- Neuxoria has arrived, her main purpose is to stay back behind friendly lines and provide air support with her large and spacious flight decks. Oh and since this faction's main strength would be their carriers and fighters. I made a quick concept sketch of my current plans for carrier line ups ( subject to change ).

Spoiler
[close]

Arkar1234

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2018, 07:33:59 AM »

Hmm... Exoria looks like some kind of Phase minelayer or Drone boat.
Somewhere... somehow... some when.... there's a Kantai Collection mod for Starsector.....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 76