Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Missile Clips  (Read 3348 times)

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
Missile Clips
« on: June 19, 2017, 04:01:25 PM »

If I make an energy or Ballistic weapon which has a "Reload Size", it regenerates in Clips, or the set number per regeneration cycle. Doing so for missiles however doesn't work. Any idea why?
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Missile Clips
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 04:13:01 PM »

Isn't that how pilums work..?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:30:19 PM »

Huh. I should probably check if this is a UI issue first.

However, no, Pilums don't have the clip entry enabled. They do regenerate however, just one missile at at time instead of, say, one volly at a time.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »

Missiles are just another weapon and should work like any other gun when it comes to reloading magazines. So if you have an example weapon, you can use that to work from
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 07:35:29 AM »

Missiles are just another weapon and should work like any other gun when it comes to reloading magazines. So if you have an example weapon, you can use that to work from

I know that. I added a clip size for reloading in the spreadsheet file in a mod, and it only effected non-missile weapons. Worked great for autopulse laser, did nothing for annilator rockets. Regenerates fine, just doesn't do it in batches like expected.

jupjupy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 09:06:52 AM »

I recall that one of the Photon Torpedo Launchers from the Neutrino Corp. mod reloads in batches of 10. The medium one, and not the advanced version, if I recall correctly.
You see, Araragi-san, in a way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain.
Normally, you only need to see what's happening on stage. That's how reality works.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »

Hmm. odd.
I must be missing a step then...

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 01:46:02 PM »

It's strange that it doesn't work for you, it does for me. Here's an example line I'm using:

Code
Reaper-class Torpedo	reaper	1		200	1200		4000		75	10	2	1	0.008	1	HIGH_EXPLOSIVE	0		0	30	1		0	0	0	0		400	100	3.5	500	STRIKE	strike8, rocket3	9

The important thing is that ammo has a value (in this case 1), your ammo per second has a value (0.008 here) and the reload size has a value (1). These are all next to each other.