Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.8.1a RC8] Fleets get stuck trying to return to planet  (Read 1707 times)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
[0.8.1a RC8] Fleets get stuck trying to return to planet
« on: June 17, 2017, 09:59:01 PM »

Spoiler
[close]

This screenshot shows multiple fleets (mostly independent scavengers) stuck in an attempt to return to a planet. They fly in loops over the planet repeatedly, seemingly failing to recognize that they've reached their destination and should move on to the subsequent orbit assignment.

(Incidentally, I've noticed similar fly-through-and-loop with a HOLD assignment by one fleet on another)

This archive contains the savegame and all needed mods.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a RC8] Fleets get stuck trying to return to planet
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 01:19:34 PM »

Thank you - out of town right now (vacation!) but I'll check it out when I get back, towards the end of the week.

As far as HOLD: iirc that assignment just makes the fleet stay in a location for a while, it's not supposed to cancel after reaching it.

Kyezeacker

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a RC8] Fleets get stuck trying to return to planet
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 08:24:50 PM »

I have the same problem with scavenger fleet crowds looping over planets and never landing is there a way to disable scavengers until there's a fix or at least a way to clear them of the map?