Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Missile autoforge should NOT be limited.  (Read 13188 times)

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
Re: Missile autoforge should NOT be limited.
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2017, 07:39:04 AM »

What if, and I'm just saying what if, Missile AutoForge was turned into a weapon similar to the Onslaught thermal blasters, but still used the special activation key? Essentially a Macross missile Massacre style attack with a long cool down say 45 seconds. A custom missile perhaps.

In addition give it a custom hull mod "Large Extended Missile Racks" granting 300% increase to missile ammo and blocking the regular extended missile rack mod.
You had me at Macross Missile Massacre.
I think it would be good for the endangered species of unique weapons.
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2017, 06:43:46 PM »

I'm actually kind of liking that idea!  Just call the System "The MMM"...
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2017, 09:18:44 PM »

What if, and I'm just saying what if, Missile AutoForge was turned into a weapon similar to the Onslaught thermal blasters, but still used the special activation key? Essentially a Macross missile Massacre style attack with a long cool down say 45 seconds. A custom missile perhaps.

In addition give it a custom hull mod "Large Extended Missile Racks" granting 300% increase to missile ammo and blocking the regular extended missile rack mod.
You had me at Macross Missile Massacre.
I think it would be good for the endangered species of unique weapons.
I'm actually kind of liking that idea!  Just call the System "The MMM"...
*coughExigencycough*
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Mr. Nobody

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2017, 11:12:14 AM »

Stupid idea but throwing it out there, might be better for the modding subforum dunno.
A converted Atlas that had it's cargo space occupied by a huge but hapzardly built missile autoforge and lined with missile launch tubes.
When the weapon (or maybe it's a ship system?) it's activated it will rapidly produce flux to fire a veritable torrent of weak missiles with random damage types.
The distribution might be
50% Frag
22.5% KE
22.5% HE
5% EMP
And they will keep being fired until the weapon/system is deactivated or flux capacity runs out
On the left half of the Bell curve

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2017, 02:13:25 PM »

I like the idea.  Could share the system with the Gryphon, even, just change extent or somesuch.  At the very least it would be interesting. Probably worth a mod even if it doesn't pan out for the main game.

evil713

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2017, 06:49:24 PM »

Stupid idea but throwing it out there, might be better for the modding subforum dunno.
A converted Atlas that had it's cargo space occupied by a huge but hapzardly built missile autoforge and lined with missile launch tubes.
When the weapon (or maybe it's a ship system?) it's activated it will rapidly produce flux to fire a veritable torrent of weak missiles with random damage types.
The distribution might be
50% Frag
22.5% KE
22.5% HE
5% EMP
And they will keep being fired until the weapon/system is deactivated or flux capacity runs out

The atlas is probably due for a Mark II conversion. This is potentially an option. I would have thought something more broadside like for the atlas or possibly a carrier variant
Pages: 1 2 [3]