Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A bit of a dilema  (Read 3095 times)

NanoMatter

• Ensign
    • View Profile
A bit of a dilema
« on: June 15, 2017, 02:30:42 PM »

So I sustained burned my fleet in hyperspace, I ran out of fuel and I floated into a lifeless system. What do?

Hazard

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A bit of a dilema
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 02:54:49 PM »

You press Distress Call, and then hope for the best. :)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 02:55:21 PM »

Sounds like the time for your Distress Signal (check your ability bar). Do you have some credits? I think the way it works is a fleet will eventually come to yours and sell you fuel...or maybe pirates will show up and you can kill them for fuel. Though...I have heard it doesn't work all that well in practice, or maybe that was when YOU answer signals and it proves not to be worth your time...

You should get in the habit of using the FUEL map overlay to get a solid idea on how much fuel you need before you set out!

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:45:49 PM »

Sounds like the time for your Distress Signal (check your ability bar). Do you have some credits? I think the way it works is a fleet will eventually come to yours and sell you fuel...or maybe pirates will show up and you can kill them for fuel. Though...I have heard it doesn't work all that well in practice, or maybe that was when YOU answer signals and it proves not to be worth your time...

You should get in the habit of using the FUEL map overlay to get a solid idea on how much fuel you need before you set out!
I've tested distress call several times, and I've never had a situation where nobody arrived. The time before it happens varies, but sooner or later, help (or pirates) do come.

As for you answering to the distress calls, I always check them, though yeah, it often turns out to be a waste of time. Either you do encounter someone in distress and get relationships improvement, find pirates for an entertaining fight, or, worst case scenario, just stumble onto a derelict floating around the point, making the endeavor a waste of time.

Alphascrub

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2017, 04:10:05 PM »

So I sustained burned my fleet in hyperspace, I ran out of fuel and I floated into a lifeless system. What do?
I would install the console command mod and either add some fuel or warp myself to a sector with fuel. After that if you not using mods I would really encourage you to give some a shot. The player made mods for starsector are truly top notch and many strive for vanilla balance so you don't have to work about having op crap running around.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2017, 10:30:54 PM »

I've tested distress call several times, and I've never had a situation where nobody arrived. The time before it happens varies, but sooner or later, help (or pirates) do come.

As for you answering to the distress calls, I always check them, though yeah, it often turns out to be a waste of time. Either you do encounter someone in distress and get relationships improvement, find pirates for an entertaining fight, or, worst case scenario, just stumble onto a derelict floating around the point, making the endeavor a waste of time.
Make sure you're at inner jump point, they always enter there.

Why don't people check their fuel when leaving core world anyways??

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.