Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Piranha's bombs could be more visible.  (Read 1813 times)

StarSchulz

• Captain
    • View Profile
The Piranha's bombs could be more visible.
« on: June 13, 2017, 05:44:18 PM »

If an enemy piranha wing launches bombs at your ship, you can generally see the bombers coming, or at the very least the red targeting square around the bomb. If it is your own fleet's wing of piranhas it is much harder to see them, especially against a grey or black background or while zoomed out to the max. normally the bombs wont be near your ship, but sometimes they launch them at smaller more maneuverable targets if they have no other option, and it causes them to fan out and spread everywhere.

Spoiler
[close]

In the right scenario, a lone bomb could be mistaken for a harmless asteroid.

I created a mini-mod where i changed them to a red color, and it helps somewhat. they don't have "engines" so they don't glow or stand out like other missiles, and don't bounce like some missiles do now when out of fuel.
Spoiler
[close]

Just something to think about, i have gotten killed or taken massive damage from my own Piranhas a few times now  :P

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: The Piranha's bombs could be more visible.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:53:07 PM »

Couldn't agree more - with the rise of carriers directing their bombers to strike targets all across the board, the chance of a stray bomb (or a stray load of bombs) falling over the player especially is vastly higher.  Anything to make them more visible would be well worth it.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 10:00:45 AM »

Yes. This, or something similar would be nice.

Also would be nice if PD guns would shoot ANY object that would hit thier ship, instead of just 'hostile' things.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 10:10:47 PM »

Also would be nice if PD guns would shoot ANY object that would hit thier ship, instead of just 'hostile' things.

To be fair that would also include flares dropped by fightercraft.

And also, firing PD into an enemy ship once it's armour is gone is a really really good way of finishing an opponant due to the large amount of flux efficent PD weapons.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Ranakastrasz

• Admiral
  • Prince Corwin of Amber
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 05:27:21 PM »

To be fair that would also include flares dropped by fightercraft.

And also, firing PD into an enemy ship once it's armour is gone is a really really good way of finishing an opponant due to the large amount of flux efficent PD weapons.

Well, you just have to set it so that it ignores anything that does negligible damage to armor. As in, Suffers from something like 50%+reduction from armor rating.
I think is easy for Simba and Mufasa sing the Circle of Life when they're on the top of the food chain, I bet the zebras hate that song.

Cigarettes are a lot like hamsters. Perfectly harmless, until you put one in your mouth and light it on fire