Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [0.8.1a-RC8] [Linux] Ship hull spec [hammerhead_d_default_D] not found!  (Read 4622 times)

rin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hey guys,

The game crashed and this is what starsector.log says:
Ship hull spec [hammerhead_d_default_D] not found!

Code
2642682 [Thread-5] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [hammerhead_d_default_D] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [hammerhead_d_default_D] not found!
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.F.super(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.DModManager.setDHull(DModManager.java:37)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(FleetEncounterContext.java:1372)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1698)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncounterEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1526)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainState(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2080)
        at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:609)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

This happened to me twice. Always after a big fight. In the second one I defeated two Odysseys and a Conquest. :/

I am running this on Debian Stretch (9.0, current testing) on a T530 with an integrated video card Intel HD 4000.

I am also using Console Commands 3.0 WIP 2 and LazyLib2.2, if that could be the culprit.

Cheers

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Are Console Commands and LazyLib the only mods you're using?

rin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yes, that is correct. I have no other mods installed.

Is it possible that it might interfer with the previous version of the game? This is the only time I just unzipped the latest version into the 0.8.1a release that came before because I didn't want to go through the tutorial again haha.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile

Yes, that is correct. I have no other mods installed.

Is it possible that it might interfer with the previous version of the game? This is the only time I just unzipped the latest version into the 0.8.1a release that came before because I didn't want to go through the tutorial again haha.

Hmm, yeah that will almost certainly cause problems. These hotfixes almost always require a clean install.

Also, you shouldn't need to do that to avoid the tutorial? Or is that a Linux issue? I haven't been required to play the tutorial again every time I update the game...

rin

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Right, I will try that again with a clean install. The thing is that I don't really install the game, I just unzip it. Maybe the reason I had to do the tutorial again is because I didn't import old savegames. I will check.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile

Right, I will try that again with a clean install. The thing is that I don't really install the game, I just unzip it. Maybe the reason I had to do the tutorial again is because I didn't import old savegames. I will check.
No, it is because of the new way SS detects if you have done the tutorial, which is by registry key now
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Vind

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Definitely this file is not correctly named (lowercase or uppercase) and system cant find it. Find file for this ship spec and rename it accordingly. Must be in "starsector/starsector-core/data/variants" folder.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:13:05 PM by Vind »

Skodmunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I have the same problem on windows, no mods and new install, for some reason the file doesn't exist I have done the fight 5 times over, and every time I win the game crashes.

Code
118024 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Creating smuggling fleet of tier 1 for market [Qaras] (volume: 500)
118025 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.EconomyFleetManager  - Spawned 19 point economy fleet from [Qaras] to [Salamanca]
118694 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionCreator  - Created MarketProcurementMission: ore to Madeira
118754 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [chicomoztoc|qaras]: trade (s: 0, l: 0), smuggling: (s: 1, l: 0)
120416 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [corvus_IIIa|umbra]: trade (s: 3, l: 3), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
120987 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 14 out of a maximum 15 fleets in play for [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.MercFleetManager]
120989 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Spawned fleet [bounty hunter] at hyperloc Vector2f[-12000.0, -4600.0]
121081 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [chalcedon|station_kapteyn]: trade (s: 6, l: 5), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
121480 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Asharu by 7.036094E-4, is now 0.059100784
121480 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Asharu by 7.036094E-4, is now 0.05962849
122287 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [Ilm] Expired
122287 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.events.FoodShortageEvent  - [Ilm] Unrest +3
122477 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - 29 out of a maximum 30 fleets in play for [com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.PirateFleetManager]
122479 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.fleets.BaseLimitedFleetManager  - Spawned fleet [pirate raiders] at hyperloc Vector2f[-6278.6436, 1710.9381]
123566 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.missions.MarketProcurementMissionCreator  - Created MarketProcurementMission: organs to Gilead
123888 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Tigra City by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0034447093
123888 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Tigra City by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0037440844
123888 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Eventide by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0034447093
123888 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Eventide by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0037440844
123889 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Orthrus by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0034447093
123889 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Orthrus by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0037440844
123889 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Sphinx by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0034447093
123890 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.StarSystemActivityTracker  - Increasing system bounty probability for Sphinx by 3.9916692E-4, is now 0.0037440844
124666 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [kanni|station_kapteyn]: trade (s: 4, l: 2), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
125517 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.shared.MarketConnectionActivityData  - Updating connection: [mairaath_abandoned_station2|qaras]: trade (s: 0, l: 1), smuggling: (s: 0, l: 0)
126965 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
126965 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
126981 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.OOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO  - Creating music buffer #3
128633 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 160, FP2: 190, maxFP1: 90, maxFP2: 110
129900 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_pirate_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
129967 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
129968 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
894167 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
894168 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_corvus_campaign_music.ogg]
894179 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
894357 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
894357 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.OooO  - Playing music with id [battle_ambience_01.ogg]
894425 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [hammerhead_d_default_D] not found!
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull spec [hammerhead_d_default_D] not found!
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.F.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getHullSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.DModManager.setDHull(DModManager.java:37)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.getRecoverableShips(FleetEncounterContext.java:1372)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.winningPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1698)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.goToEncounterEndPath(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:1526)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.updateMainState(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:2080)
at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEngagement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:609)
at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Definitely this file is not correctly named (lowercase or uppercase) and system cant find it. Find file for this ship spec and rename it accordingly. Must be in "starsector/starsector-core/data/variants" folder.

hammerhead_Balanced.variant
hammerhead_d_CS.variant
hammerhead_Elite.variant
hammerhead_Overdriven.variant
hammerhead_Support.variant
hammerhead_Tutorial.variant

these are the files in that folder.
I made a copy of hammerhead_Balanced.variant and named it hammerhead_d_default_D.variant
that did not work

also tried making a copy of hammerhead_d_CS.variant and renaming that one to hammerhead_d_default_D.variant did not work.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 04:07:10 AM by Skodmunk »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm - are you by chance running with a save originally made in 0.8a?

Also, when you say "new" install, does that include manually cleaning out the Starsector/ folder? If not, I'd suggest giving that a try (and saving off whatever mods/saves/etc before you do).

I made a copy of hammerhead_Balanced.variant and named it hammerhead_d_default_D.variant
that did not work

also tried making a copy of hammerhead_d_CS.variant and renaming that one to hammerhead_d_default_D.variant did not work.

(I think if you open up one of those copied files and edit it so that the "variantId" value inside is set to hammerhead_d_default_D, that would get around the problem. But I'm fairly sure the underlying issue is due to the install being mangled in some way, so if you were to go for that kind of fix, who knows what other similar issues might crop up?)

Skodmunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hmm - are you by chance running with a save originally made in 0.8a?

Also, when you say "new" install, does that include manually cleaning out the Starsector/ folder? If not, I'd suggest giving that a try (and saving off whatever mods/saves/etc before you do).

I bought the game on the 27th  starsector_install-0.8.1a-RC8.exe up to now, only install I had made of this game.

(I think if you open up one of those copied files and edit it so that the "variantId" value inside is set to hammerhead_d_default_D, that would get around the problem.

ir was worth a shot, but didn't help. It still crashed.

But I'm fairly sure the underlying issue is due to the install being mangled in some way, so if you were to go for that kind of fix, who knows what other similar issues might crop up?)

That wasn't it either, I tried new installer from the http://fractalsoftworks.com homepage instead of the one I got via the "BMT Micro Orders" mail
Also used the default install directory just to be safe, didn't work.

Thank you for trying to help though!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for trying things, and sorry about the trouble!

I *think* I have this fixed in the dev build (not that it's of any immediate help), but it's a bit hard to be 100% sure since some of the code is different than what's in your version.

For the version you're running, hmm. About the only way I can see this crash happening is if you've got a restored Hammerhead (D) in your fleet, and are losing it in this fight every time. Is that what's going on, or am I still missing something here?

Skodmunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you for trying things, and sorry about the trouble!

I *think* I have this fixed in the dev build (not that it's of any immediate help), but it's a bit hard to be 100% sure since some of the code is different than what's in your version.

For the version you're running, hmm. About the only way I can see this crash happening is if you've got a restored Hammerhead (D) in your fleet, and are losing it in this fight every time. Is that what's going on, or am I still missing something here?

yup the fight I'm in for requires me to sack some of my Hammerheads, and yeah they are restored.
I'm going to try to put them in storage and get some destroyers instead, tomorrow.

Skodmunk

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yeah not getting my Hammerheads destroyed have let me carry on.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Ok, great, thank you for letting me know! So: fixed in dev, but for the time being "losing a restored Hammerhead and then it being recoverable" = crash.