Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Please can some kind soul create me a modspec item please!  (Read 2790 times)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
Please can some kind soul create me a modspec item please!
« on: June 10, 2017, 12:44:44 AM »

Hiya,

If some pro modder could create me a version of the "Extreme Modifications" from Ship & Weapon pack -minus the malfunction chance so i can fully satisfy my pwrgamer needs, i'd be so v.gratefull!!   ;D

Have tried myself but jsut results in me breaking ss so it doesn't launch at all lol  :'(

Will happily donate £5 to the kind soul who has the time to do this please.

Kind Regards
Al

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Please can some kind soul create me a modspec item please!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 01:24:27 AM »

Try the attached. Remember that only the last hullmod script of the same name/package is loaded, if you load the modification before SWP nothing will happen. Conversely, the first .csv has precedence so you will need any changes to the description to be loaded before SWP. (You may need to compile this into a .jar, I don't know if Janino can override other jars.)

[attachment deleted by admin]

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:36:58 AM »

I can try to whip something up. Something I'd discussed with another player before, shouldn't be too hard if my old plan still works.

EDIT: Hey, it actually works! 8) Here, this mini-mod adds a single always-available hullmod that increases a ship's Ordnance Point count by 50/100/150/300 depending on hull size.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e7tqbz92tqv2ba5/NoExpenseSpared_v0.1.zip

If you wanted it do anything else or want to clean up the values a bit, let me know and I'll fix stuff up. I just made and tested it in about ten minutes, but it's hysterically simple so shouldn't be the cause of any issues (outside of balance-related ones, but you don't sound like you care much about that  :P ).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:48:02 AM by AxleMC131 »

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 04:03:04 AM »

Many thanks for having a look into this for me Isaac!!

I did give your script a try but i think it may needs to be compiled? ( beyond my ability ) I am a complete mod noob / fail sorry ( editting existing files with notepad+ is best i can do n tht can b a struggle!! )

All i did was swap out the old script for your one n this didn't quite work, not sure if that's to be expected..

So apologies if i haven't quite interpretated your instructions correctly...

Cheers again for your time on this!! :)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 04:08:55 AM »

Thanks so much Axle!!!  ;D

Worked a treat to the point where i've got more op than i know what to do with!!  :P  My original attempts included adjusting modifications to "-9,-18,-27,-45"!!!

The power your mod gives is a little too tempting to adjust thou so i might leave as is!! =p my mod zeus paragon with energy overdrive still went down to a 300 pt fleet ( i blame the pilot!!  :-\ ) but i got to see those 5 lance's firing for a good minute or two longer than before!! so pretty!!  ;D & still had 60-70 op goin to waste after lol  :P

Wish i didn't hav to go out for m8's do tonight now lol!! Fun has jus been set to 11!!!  ;D

( have sent u a pm )
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 04:11:43 AM by Ali »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 03:18:09 PM »

Thanks so much Axle!!!  ;D

Hehe, not a problem my good sir. :D And while the offer is incredibly kind, I really can't accept payment for something that took me about ten minutes to make. Besides, I don't think the Devs would be particularly happy about it.