Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hi! newguy here.with astrange error code.....  (Read 3467 times)

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Hi! newguy here.with astrange error code.....
« on: June 08, 2017, 08:02:45 PM »

soo doing a little modding mainly changing some graphics around and getting the resulting ships to somewhat make sense using the ship editor(sf-ship-ed.debug)  but after few changes one at a time to make sure i was doing things right, i changed seveal things at once and got... this...
4458 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 3, Size: 2
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 3, Size: 2
   at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.?0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ShipHullSpecLoader.Object(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.OO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
 Should i post the whole log? would  putting the files i've changed up for examination help? i am just a bit confused...
Going to leave it alone for now and come back when i've got some answers or just had some time to think things through... also this is After reverting the Ship data to original backup.(going to try a system reboot,see if there some funny error there...)
Here ive dropboxed the whole lot. kind of flumuxed, don't know what i've done wrong? did i make a ship to big? did a ship file get corrupted?

Dropbox of Corefiles.https://www.dropbox.com/s/b298j99zkxbfwh9/starsector-core.rar?dl=0
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:33:59 PM by [email protected] »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: Hi! newguy here.with astrange error code.....
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 09:23:11 PM »

Hmm, in my experience the only time I've ever had an "Index out of bounds" error was when I accidentally saved a ship sprite/image file with 16-bit colour format as opposed to 8-bit. I don't know what you're using to edit sprites with, but chances are it has a "Properties" tab or something similar where you can find the file's colour format. Have a look and make sure it's set to 8-bit, as Starsector won't recognize 16-bit images.

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:31 PM »

im using gimp setting have been the same the whole time, here give me a moment and ill screen shot the export... i guess?
should i check the image props of each graphic i have changed? i dont mind it give em somewhere to start...
Feels like ive missed something simple that will have me Facepalming once someone points it out.... meah,ill ferret around later, im Head off to the bar to drink away my possibly name string(id) related issues.(i'll try reverting the strings file when i get back.)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:51:10 PM by [email protected] »

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2017, 12:05:11 PM »

okay it seams to be the modified Brawler .ship maybe. Thing is i don't know what i did wrong? the preview before i swapped the Orig brawler.ship  for the modded one.was squashed, so is it expecting the ship to be a certain size and freaking when it isn't?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 12:56:03 PM by [email protected] »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2017, 07:10:20 PM »

Umm... Probably.

Although, just to clarify, are you actually doing this in a mod environment, or are you fiddling with the stock files?

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2017, 07:24:31 PM »

>.>   <.<   um fiddling with core files.. going for a TC, which is probably a little big for a first StarSector mod...

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 07:25:52 PM »

>.>   <.<   um fiddling with core files.. going for a TC, which is probably a little big for a first StarSector mod...

Ah. First of all, best of luck. ;)

Second of all, do NOT mess with core files. Do your stuff in a mod environment. The last thing you want to do is what you seem to have done which is screwed the game itself over.

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 08:05:55 PM »

sigh, okay, ill set it up as a mod... poop.

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2017, 08:27:52 PM »

so if its set up as a mod and i Fail/Corrupt/breakuniverse? a file it would load the default instead?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2017, 08:36:55 PM »

so if its set up as a mod and i Fail/Corrupt/breakuniverse? a file it would load the default instead?

Well, no, it would still give you an error. But you really don't want to be screwing with stock files. What happens when you want to play another mod? Or take a break and play some vanilla? It's generally just a bad idea.

[email protected]

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:06 AM »

welp i guess its resolved,  :) re installed, and went step by step fixing things...