Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Hiding in Codex and dmods  (Read 1311 times)

Machine

• Commander
    • View Profile
Hiding in Codex and dmods
« on: June 07, 2017, 08:58:40 PM »

So I've noticed that hullmods tagged as dmods make a hull invisible in the codex, which is great. There's no real reason to have the codex cluttered with (D) and (P) hulls.

But there are some hidden hulls that in my opinion deserve to be shown on the codex, namely the Colossus Mk.II and Mk.III (those aren't even skin files) and the Mudskipper Mk.II. There's also several normal hulls that do not deserve to be in the codex... I'm looking at you Buffalo and your many skins.

I tried making a dmod to hide this kind of hulls, and it works, but it is not without downsides, since it enables the restore option, even if the hullmod is "HiddenEverywhere", and any ship with it, is also shown on the fleet UI marked with a "dmod bar".

As far as I'm aware there's no way to add a hint to a skin file, nor is is possible to have a base ship file, with a Built-in dmod show on the codex.
So it might be a good idea to alter the dmod behaviour, make it only enable the restore option (and to be removed by this option), and make a new "hiddenEverywhere" hullmod (or just a hullmod tag) that hides a ship from the codex, just like the "HIDE_IN_CODEX" hint does.

I guess this could be also done, by having a way to modify hints in a skin file, and a DO_NOT_HIDE_IN_CODEX hint.