Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25

Author Topic: [0.97a] prv Starworks v28.3 (2024-03-11)  (Read 339338 times)

giggily

• Ensign
    • View Profile

prav, it looks to me like your normal maps don't have any inversion. from what i can tell graphicslib needs xyz to all be inverted, and if it does then yours may not be working as intended

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile

I'll look into it. Not like I've been using consistent settings there anyway.

123nick

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Beam fatigue from making the standard Ljungeld, and I felt that spinal burst beams had been done, done again and then done a third time. I'm actually pretty fond of this version and how violent it feels when you land a dozen blasts on a high flux target.

Speaking of the Conq Ryak, I think I overbuffed it. Some combination of 1,2 shield efficiency, free aux thrusters, and 1200 dissipation should probably go. The turret was probably healthy on the other hand.

you have a point there ,tbh. regardless, it is very nice now with the burst of projectiles. maybe if the projectiles had a bit more of a stronger looking aesthetic or came out more precisely? like TPC projectiles, maybe?

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

So I found this mod while looking through the threadlist and I was pleasantly surprised. So far as faction mods go, this is kind of a sleeper hit, and needs more love if you ask me. Much of it is very nicely done, seeming balanced and relatively in-keeping with the vanilla gameplay and lore. It has interesting ships, a well-conceived backstory for the two factions, and the three new in-system maps are simply beautiful, especially Kratul.

Despite that, though, there are some issues that I noticed that I felt now was a good time to bring to your attention, seeing as the latest Nex updates will require factions to be tweaked to take full advantage of in any case:

- A few of the destroyers and frigates seem overpowered for their Deployment Point (Recovery) cost. I'll go through each one that concerns me:

Fasklot: With comparable firepower and superior mobility compared to a Harbinger, the worse flux and special system is not enough for it to be worth 7 DP less. Should probably be more like 18. Maybe 16 at a stretch
Ilbud: A phase cloak is still a phase cloak, even on a combat freighter. Should probably be more like 12 or 14 DP, close to where the Fasklot is now.
Gissel: Seriously threatens to render the Enforcer obsolete, being absolutely bristling with guns and sporting a phase skimmer for only 1 DP more. Should match the Medusa's 12 DP, since compared to the Medusa it trades mobility for fightability.
Kondensator: Its ability to dump all flux essentially instantly is nothing short of batshit crazy. With that system in place, this could easily match the Harbinger's 20 DP and still be amazing. Maybe even 22 or 25. In fact you should probably move it to the cruiser category and re-designate it as a light cruiser, considering both its capabilities and raw physical size compared to something like a Falcon.
Basalt: Lasher firepower and endurance, but vastly superior mobility. Renders the Lasher totally obsolete. Should be 5 DP like the Wolf, since it's effectively a low-tech alternative to the Wolf's supreme mobility.

- Is Lean Hanger supposed to recover replacement rate faster? Shouldn't it deplete faster and recover more slowly?

- Moving on to campaign feel and balance; since prv is a Tri-Tachyon style small corporate polity, I reckon Utbo could stand to be reduced to size 6, the same as Echou Bres.

- The faction also has overly competitive market share in heavy industry, and both they and the Rust Belt are overly competitive in marines. Additionally, no faction, not even the Hegemony, has three heavy industries. I would strongly suggest removing the heavy industry from Ryak in order to address this. Perhaps replace this with Tech-Mining if you want something to represent the research facilities there. Or swap it to refining if you like, since prv currently produces no refined metals. Curtailing the marine share could potentially be done by removing the military bases from Ryak and Store's Rock, as whilst I'm not sure of your intentions there, it does seem at least to me that there's no reason both Kylan and Kratul need to be in constant, high-intensity conflict. If anything, having lower-intensity conflict from smaller patrols in Kylan could make the experience more varied, and perhaps provide players more of an opportunity to be able to participate in battles against either faction's enemy in the early game (as right now fights in both systems are too large and intense for an early game player to productively engage in).

- If Tordehus is freshly re-colonized and has no industries, it should really only be size 3 or 4.

- Kylan is smothered by deep hyperpsace on the hyperspace map. If this was intentional then fair enough.

- You could make Fristad more interesting by placing mining there. Independents have relatively low market share in mining and the planet is poor in resources, so it wouldn't over-balance anything.

I hope these concerns find you well. Rest assured that this mod is otherwise very solid, and definitely one I will be recommending since it doesn't seem to get the recognition it deserves.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile

- A few of the destroyers and frigates seem overpowered for their Deployment Point (Recovery) cost. I'll go through each one that concerns me:

Fasklot: With comparable firepower and superior mobility compared to a Harbinger, the worse flux and special system is not enough for it to be worth 7 DP less. Should probably be more like 18. Maybe 16 at a stretch
Ilbud: A phase cloak is still a phase cloak, even on a combat freighter. Should probably be more like 12 or 14 DP, close to where the Fasklot is now.
Gissel: Seriously threatens to render the Enforcer obsolete, being absolutely bristling with guns and sporting a phase skimmer for only 1 DP more. Should match the Medusa's 12 DP, since compared to the Medusa it trades mobility for fightability.
Kondensator: Its ability to dump all flux essentially instantly is nothing short of batshit crazy. With that system in place, this could easily match the Harbinger's 20 DP and still be amazing. Maybe even 22 or 25. In fact you should probably move it to the cruiser category and re-designate it as a light cruiser, considering both its capabilities and raw physical size compared to something like a Falcon.
Basalt: Lasher firepower and endurance, but vastly superior mobility. Renders the Lasher totally obsolete. Should be 5 DP like the Wolf, since it's effectively a low-tech alternative to the Wolf's supreme mobility.

Starsector destroyers tend to be just a good deal. Go figure when the Hammerhead and Sunder are around.

I'm happy with the Fasklot. It's meant to be a good performer per supply. I think missing out on a third phase lance/heavy blaster/etc in exchange for the rear synergy turret makes a fairly big difference.

If you manage to get its DP value out of the Ilbud, good on you. Enjoy it. But I'd have real trouble costing it at 1,5-2 Afflictors.

The Gissel is a beast in a very local area. But in spite of the phase teleporter, the thing handles like a fridge. It does compete with Enforcers in the destroyer anchor role, but the difference in durability between 550 and 750 armor is pretty big. Is it broadly speaking better? Possibly. Big picture too good? I don't think so.

The Kondensator being classified as a destroyer is an intentional downside for it. As a cruiser it would have another 10 flux vents and cruiser weapons range. This leaves it as a less interesting ship. As a destroyer it has to actually get into the scrum to accomplish anything (a trait I want to play up in the prv) - which also ensures that its narrow omni shield becomes a very mixed blessing.

Have you tried using the system first-person by the way? It's pretty trippy.

As for the deployment cost, I dunno - it certainly tanks damage better than a Falcon. But with mediocre mobility, poor dissipation and very limited ballistic slots it's much worse at putting out pressure or pressing an advantage. I think increasing it much would turn it into a ship that you just don't want to use. Another ship to consider here is the Apogee, which is also a strong shield tank in the 15-20 DP range.

All that said I'm not entirely happy with the ship. If I eventually revisit it, I'd change it considerably.

I had the Basalt targeted at 5 supply originally, but I found it hard to justify the cost. Sure it's fast and for-a-frigate sturdy, but with awkward turret angles and no ammo feed the damage output just isn't there. In role I actually find it to be closer to a fat Kite than to the Lasher.

- Is Lean Hanger supposed to recover replacement rate faster? Shouldn't it deplete faster and recover more slowly?

- Moving on to campaign feel and balance; since prv is a Tri-Tachyon style small corporate polity, I reckon Utbo could stand to be reduced to size 6, the same as Echou Bres.

- The faction also has overly competitive market share in heavy industry, and both they and the Rust Belt are overly competitive in marines. Additionally, no faction, not even the Hegemony, has three heavy industries. I would strongly suggest removing the heavy industry from Ryak in order to address this. Perhaps replace this with Tech-Mining if you want something to represent the research facilities there. Or swap it to refining if you like, since prv currently produces no refined metals. Curtailing the marine share could potentially be done by removing the military bases from Ryak and Store's Rock, as whilst I'm not sure of your intentions there, it does seem at least to me that there's no reason both Kylan and Kratul need to be in constant, high-intensity conflict. If anything, having lower-intensity conflict from smaller patrols in Kylan could make the experience more varied, and perhaps provide players more of an opportunity to be able to participate in battles against either faction's enemy in the early game (as right now fights in both systems are too large and intense for an early game player to productively engage in).

- If Tordehus is freshly re-colonized and has no industries, it should really only be size 3 or 4.

- Kylan is smothered by deep hyperpsace on the hyperspace map. If this was intentional then fair enough.

- You could make Fristad more interesting by placing mining there. Independents have relatively low market share in mining and the planet is poor in resources, so it wouldn't over-balance anything.

I hope these concerns find you well. Rest assured that this mod is otherwise very solid, and definitely one I will be recommending since it doesn't seem to get the recognition it deserves.

Lean Hangar works as intended - rebuilding your backup fighters is easy when you don't have any. So the bay and manufactory are easy to over-stress, but give them a chance to recover and they will.

The entire Stjärngård system is due an overhaul, eventually. Utbo is a huge world that's only marginally ruled by the prv - by controlling the Works, they control the entirety of the planet as far as it interacts with the sector at large. But the population of the planet mostly tends itself, not really interacting with the rest of the Perseans any more than by paying some primitive taxes once a year. This suits the prv fine; they have more important things on the agenda than taxing some backwards farmers for a second turnip. Maybe I should add a custom market condition to better represent this.

Yeah the overabundance of heavy industry has been on my radar. It's a little hard to avoid with one faction being space-Kockums and the other being big on salvage and refurbishment.

Store's Rock has a military base because I wanted the Rusters to have an Armed Community industry somewhere. I don't find the Kylan conflict to be all that intense, mostly because no one can find anyone in all those nebulas. Next update I'll also have something to encourage some trade with the HEL. I'll add that I've got a bugfix coming with the next major version that should have Ruster markets spawn considerably fewer pirate fleets.

Tordehus is not recolonized. It's mostly populated by the descendants of the bombardment survivors. Economically the planet still operates on survival needs however.

Fristad is kind of intentionally unimportant. It's a safe, self-sufficient and carefully neutral place where travelers can stop by before heading into the ongoing mess that is the outer Kratul system.

Kylan being inside a HS nebula is mostly a coincidence, but I think I like it. I might change my mind eventually.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope you appreciate my perspective for why I made these things the way I did. It's always interesting to hear what other people think; personally my biggest sup/dep / performance concerns are the Ballebo, which I think I'll leave alone for now, and the Skymning, which I'll be bumping by about 20% and still keeping my eye on after that. There's also the Gryning, which continually baffles me by not being too busted.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 10:41:27 AM by prav »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile

eh, close enough

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I'm pleased to hear that campaign-level changes may be forthcoming (you may also want to look into the two factions' diplomatic statistics and starting relations with other factions, since right now their behavior with Nexerelin is a little bit odd), but with regards destroyers (ships in generally, really) you've gotta compare like with like. Even if you consider the Harbinger to be overpriced at 20 DP, that is none-the-less the standard that other phase destroyers must be balanced to. I agree it's not quite as good as the Harbi (hence my suggestion of 18 or 16), but by no means is it so much weaker that it justifies being able to deploy three of them for every two Harbingers one deploys. From what I understand, it is possible to give a ship different values for recovery cost and maintenance cost, so perhaps just increase the recovery cost (and thus DP cost) while keeping monthly maintenance the same?

For the Gissel, keep in mind that it has substantially better flux stats than the Enforcer to compensate the armour. Between its superior firepower and the value of phase skimmer and temporal shell (that's why the Medusa and Scarab have high DP), it's surely worth 11 points minimum. You did mention the Sunder (also 11) before...

As for the Basalt, I must admit to being sort of confused what matter of "fat Kite" would have more than double the Kite's firepower. I see your point about the two side mounts, but if "fat Kite" is the feel you want to go for you could just as easily lose those two mounts, methinks.

With regards the ships you mentioned, the reason the Gryning doesn't feel broken is that its excellent capabilities justify its high DP cost. Can't speak for the Skymning, since it seemed pretty comparable to an Onslaught when I looked at it, but I'd suggest bumping by only 10% if you feel it's a problem, since I kinda doubt it's more powerful than Scy Nation's Keto or Shadowyards' Mimir (both 45 DP).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 02:33:59 AM by Captain Trek »

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah the nex diplo stuff is on the to-do list. I'm not sure what's causing it. Looking at the files nex seems to use -0.3 and -0.6 instead of -0.25 and -0.5 so there might be some border problem here. Sure felt odd to run into a Remnant fleet that just made funny faces at me but didn't attack.
edit: No it was a missing check for corvus mode.

I don't think I have to limit myself to just the Harbinger as a reference point for new phase destroyers. Focusing too hard on existing ships limits the design space unnecessarily.

I'm seeing your points on the Gissel.

The Basalt, I'm just not gonna cost at more than a Lasher or Brawler. For 5 supply on a frigate I want something like a Phase Beam, rapid-fire Reapers or an EMP system. And believe you me, removing two turrets from a sprite is not as easy as changing a 4 to a 5 in a spreadsheet. Not that I particularly want to - those are there to let you choose between a couple of awkward PD mounts, or a hullmod and some flux caps. I think it's an interesting enough choice.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 02:52:51 AM by prav »

Captain Trek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Yeah the nex diplo stuff is on the to-do list.

Sweet. Looking forward to the next update.

I respectfully disagree with regards the Harbinger, but hey, worst case scenario the Fasklot can be prv's "one". Every mod needs one. :V

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah I just don't see it being a problem.

CrixM

• Ensign
    • View Profile

The Skata LRM Launcher feels incredibly underwhelming. I'm not a huge fan of limited ammo large missile mounts unless they're something ridiculous and the Skata... aren't.

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile

Yeah I've found it hard to tune. It has a tendency to delete destroyers if I buff it up much.

Maybe I should give it some moderate redesign, change the firing mode or something along those lines. I'll play around with it a bit.

e: I'll add that it has a lot of ammo, especially with expanded racks, so don't be afraid to just fire it every time it's up. Most ships will run out of peak time before you run out of ammo.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 09:47:59 AM by prav »

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile

Hey prav, is it intended that prv's not on the index? You've clearly put a lot of work into it! Might be time to bother a moderator to add it :P
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it

prav

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] prv Starworks v12.1 (2020-01-18) - Latest: Applied Gravitonics
« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »

DOWNLOAD

v12.1

Reduced the occurrence rate of several ships. Should be fully save compatible with v12.

###

v12

Added prv-style stations.
- Come in three sizes and are similar to standard stations in role and performance.
- The stations have varying axial rotation; advanced gravitic systems allow the station to change its rotational speed and direction.
- Larger stations add independent omni-shielding, EMP mine teleporters, gravity minefields and phase drones.
- Used by the prv and, occasionally, the Rusters.

Added a few rare weapons.
- Found in the depths of space.

Added the Laboratory Complex industry
- Found at the Ryak High-Energy Labs.
- Consumes large amounts of rare materials, producing luxury goods and heavy armaments.
- Sells advanced weapons and equipment to those who enjoy good relations with the market controller.
-- Modder note: Weapons tagged prv_lab_bp, or are known by welcoming (+25 to market controller) factions, show up here.
-- The blueprint is unobtainable; if you get your hands on one anyway, be aware that it can't be removed once constructed.

Added the Fasvinge phase cruiser
- A dangerous high-tech strike craft with a rapid-shift phase system.
-- Also equipped with a Gravity Shield system, offering it some protection from material projectile weapons.

Added the Gabbro armed transport
- A Starliner cruiser adapted for Ruster use, adding significant amounts of guns and armor.

Added the Eld destroyer.
- A drop-in replacement for the Ballebo, which is being retired.
- Very similar in loadout, role and performance.

Added the Gnista frigate.
- Light missile support ship with limited armaments.
- Also comes in Pirate and Luddic Church variants, with more gun.

Added the Gravity Shield ship system.
- A graviton field protects the ship, bending enemy projectiles away from it.
-- Ineffective against projectiles with negligible mass, such as laser pulses.
-- Highly effective against light or slow projectiles.
-- Moderately effective against missiles.
-- Used on the Flamma and the Fasvinge.

Added the Tensor Drive ship system.
- Engages the ship's gravitic drive, instantly propelling it in the chosen direction.
- Used on the Eld and Skymning.

Added the Automatstudsare weapon.
- Large-mount ballistic weapon which fires a barrage of small explosive shells which can rebound a single time. High potency, but poor range.

Added the Studsare weapon.
- Replaces the Bounder.
- Fires mid-sized ricocheting shells at a moderate rate.
- 850 range, high shell velocity.
- Ricochet accuracy is now derived from your current gun spread.
- Ricochets will no longer aim for fighters.

Added the Light Thumper weapon
- A shrunk-down Thumper, trading rate of fire for size.
-- Used by the Rusters and Luddic Church.

Added Sindrian Diktat Lion's Guard skins for the Aska, Flock and Eld.
- In the style of the Ships/Weapons Pack skins, painted purple on white and with Solar Shielding integrated.
- Will only spawn if you have the S/W Pack enabled.

Added the Ilbud (H) skin
- Uparmored, upspecced courier ship.
-- I wonder what the Hegemony wants with a stealthy spec-ops vessel. I asked, but they wouldn't tell me.

Added the Kalk phase bomber
- Unleashes a barrage of indirectly fired Sidensvans missiles.
- Uses a phase system to ensure a safe approach and escape. Vulnerable while attacking.

Added several hullmods:
Arcfault Insulator
- Reduces overload duration.

Flicker Core
- Reduces phase system cooldown.

Hallbar Missile Plating
- Gives a flat increase to missile durability and a slight percentage increase to missile top speed.

Gravity Anchor
- Increases the mass of the ship, and exerts a weak pull towards nearby enemies. Adds a slight collision zone for hostile fighters.

Ruggedization
- Significantly reduces CR recovery rate and CR deployment cost, allowing you to deploy the ship more times before it needs time to recover.
-- Note that due to vanilla quirks with how the CR recovery cost is calculated, this will greatly increase the cost of recovering a ship from 0 to full.
-- This is especially relevant if you like to overstay your peak time.

Crew Comforts
- Reduces the in-combat CR decay rate, and increases the out-of-combat CR recovery rate. Requires a few additional supplies per month.

Blast Heater
- Improves weapon performance at very low and very high flux levels.

Added Starship Legends faction preferences.
Added Commissioned Crews compatability.
- prv ships install Command Implants, increasing maximum CR and reducing the minimum crew requirement.
- Ruster ships have Belt Spirit, increasing hull integrity and repair rates at the cost of a reduction in max CR.
Added Nexerelin faction personalities.

Additional changes:
Spoiler
Raider Hideout, Armed Community, War Syndicate HQ industries
- Will now automatically match the tier of local military infrastructure, assuming there's a functioning HQ. Updated roughly bi-weekly.
- Will now reduce local stability by 1.
- Will now have an increased demand for goods while stability is low.
- Cost set to 0.
- Upkeep set to 0 while hidden.
- Can no longer be manually upgraded.
- Corrected min/max error; should now correctly spawn more pirates at low stability.
- Pirate spawn rate additionally reduced by 33%.

Skymning
- Plasma Burn system replaced with a Tensor Drive (see above).
-- Yes, prv engineers discovered that there are directions other than forward. Investigations are ongoing.
- Small and medium rear energy turret arcs narrowed by 25%.
- Fleet points increased to 26.
- Maintenance and recovery cost increased to 47.
- Added the Companion Integration hullmod, reducing support wing OP costs by 10.
- Removed the built-in Oväsen wing.
- Base value increased to 370 000.

Conquest (Ryak)
- Shield flux/damage increased to 1,4.
- Hull and armor reduced by ~7,5%.
- Built-in Auxiliary Thrusters removed.

Välljud
- Adjusted shield offset.

Aska
- Sprite adjustments.
- Large synergy mount arc reduced to 5°.
-- This should improve the AI's behavior somewhat.
- Now also availiable as a rare blueprint.

Aska (LC)
- Sprite adjustments.
- Large synergy mount arc reduced to 5°.
-- This should improve the AI's behavior somewhat.
- Added ALWAYS_PANIC AI hint, promoting aggressive missile usage.
- Now also availiable as a rare blueprint.

Kakafoni
- Sprite adjustments for all versions.
- Fuel use reduced to 4/ly
- Fuel capacity increased by 20%.
-- Net range is increased by 50%, to 30 ly.

Flock
- Improved Autokråka visual integration.

Kondensator
- Removed; no more will spawn.

Ballebo
- Removed; no more will spawn.
-- Get an Eld instead.

Fasnod
- Fleet points, maintenance, and recovery cost increased to 9.

Ljus
- Lykta System weapon and sensor range bonuses increased by ~50%.
- Small energy turret arcs reduced to 195°.
- Acceleration reduced by 50%.
- Turn acceleration reduced by 60%.
- Max turn rate reduced by ~33%.
- Minimum crew required reduced to 15.
- Base value reduced to 15 000.

Ljus (LP)

Gissel
- Maintenance and recovery cost increased to 12.

Ilbud
- Sprite updated.
- Removed nose turrets.
-- Pre-v12 Ilbuds may retain decorative weapons in these locations. To remove them, simply use the Strip button on the ship refit screen.

Tystnad
- Added the Companion Integration hullmod, reducing Support Wing OP costs by 10.
- Removed the built-in Oväsen wing.

Tystnad (Midline)
- Cost multiplier reduced to 1.

Tystnad (P)
- Engine style changed to LOW_TECH.
- Removed the Defective Manufactory hullmod.

Munsbit
- Minimum crew reduced by 33%.

Fika
- Added built-in Militarized Subsystems.
- Maximum burn reduced by 1.
- CR per deployment increased by 33%.
- Recovery cost and supplies per month increased by 9%.

Middag
- Added built-in Militarized Subsystems.
- Maximum burn reduced by 1.
- CR per deployment increased by 33%.
- Recovery cost and supplies per month increased by 8%.

Skära
- Now comes with a Crew Comforts hullmod built-in.

Gnejs
- Rear ballistic mount arcs increased to 165°.

Gnejs (P)
- Rear ballistic mount arcs increased to 165°.

Oväsen fighter
- HP reduced by 18,75%.
- Max flux reduced by ~45%.
- Crew reduced to 2.
- Forgevats system removed.

Skrän fighter
- Weapon glow color shifted to yellow.

Grus fighter
- Hagel Hailcannon replaced with a standard Vulcan.
-- On account of the gun being completely uninteresting.

Akers family
- Projectile styles adjusted.

Akers / Light Akers
- Display name changed to Light Akers.
- Sprites updated. Now reduced to a humble two barrel cannon.
- OP reduced to 4.
- Range reduced by 125.
- Flux/shot reduced by 40%.
- Now fires continuously. DPS increased by ~50%.
-- Now a solid knife-fighting weapon occupying the middle-ground between an autocannon and a machinegun.

Akers Nova
- Sprites updated. Now a smooth, futuristic tri-barrel.

Siege Akers
- Sprites updated.

Bounder / Studsare.
- Display name changed to Studsare.
- Overhauled, see above.

Punktskydd
- Added a slight variance to the projectile's range. Largely a visual change.

Punktskydd Cluster
- Reverted availiability change.

SIPD Laser
- Now focuses ~50% faster, for an average frequency of 1Hz.
- Explosion damage and visual effect size will now scale with the ship's energy damage multiplier.
-- These things are pretty good now.

Ljungeld
- Full beam damage increased by 3.45%.
- Energy/second increased by 4.2%
- Focus rate is now linear, not exponential.
- Fracture rate increased.
- Fracture damage type changed to high explosive.
- Base fracture damage reduced by 40%.
-- Net change is a major increase in fracture effectiveness against armored targets.

Fusion Burst Laser
- Overhauled.
- Now fires a potent long-duration beam burst that requires several seconds to reach full potency.
- Beam size greatly increased at full charge; there should be no doubt when someone is getting can-opened.

HFL Array
- Updated sprite.
- Projectile speed reduced to 1 000.
- Projectile restyled; now considerably shorter.

Skata LRM Launcher
- Firing behavior redesigned; now quickly launches nine Skata missiles followed by a brief reload period.
- Sustained DPS increased by 70%.
- Salvo size reduced by 64%.
- Ammunition reduced by 18%.
- OP cost reduced by 6.
- Launch inaccuracy reduced.
- Engine burn time increased by 30%.
- Contrail visual effect shortened significantly.

Skatunge missile
- Contrail visual effect adjusted to match Skata missiles.

Kaja-family missiles
- Nominal range increased to 3 000.
-- De-facto range is unchanged.

Sidensvans, Sidensvans Array
- Nominal range increased to 1 500.
-- De-facto range is unchanged.

Gravity Mine Strike system
- Improved visual effect.
- Regeneration rate reduced by 33%.
- Added a slight variation to mine lifetime.

EMP Cluster Mine Strike system
- Regeneration rate reduced by 33%.

Disruption Mine Strike system
- Maximum system charges reduced to 1.

Kaja / Akers Nova / LPK Drones systems
- Maximum system charges reduced to 3/2/4.
-- ie no spares.
- Regeneration rate set to one drone per 20/30/15 seconds.

Remanualized Hullmod
- Minimum Crew penalty reduced to +50%.
- Now additive, not multiplicative.

Campaign
- prv industry redistributed.
- Overhauled the market conditions on Utbo, adding three new custom conditions.
- Added two market conditions to the Ryak HEL.
- Removed several do-nothing market conditions.
- Stjärngård and Kratul will now clear nearby deep hyperspace.
- Kylan will clear only a fractional amount.
- Nexerelin prv player starting equipment is now prv Standard Blueprint Package and prv Advanced Blueprint Package both, rather than either.
- Nexerelin prv player spawnpoint moved to The Works over Utbo.
- Adjusted the size of the custom stations.

Many codex updates.
Many ship material updates.
Improved Flock thumbnailing.
Increased TTL on PRV_HIGH engine trail particles.
Cleaned up some int-on-float math.
Removed "CIVILIAN" hint from the Skiffer; it will now autodeploy as a combat ship.
Removed access to basic prv weapons from the Pirates and Luddic Path factions.
Added access to Annihilator Pods for the Rusters.
Adjusted fighter wing rarity & autofit hints.
Slightly reduced Välljud spawn rate.
Greatly reduced Flamma (P) spawn rate in very small or pirate-faction fleets.
Aska Heavy Artillery variant renamed just Artillery.
-- Heavy Heavy Artillery Cruiser indeed.
Fixed Ruster markets with a Raider Hideout erraneously getting a "Military" map flag.
pskd_shot, pskd_cluster_shot now range 0, not undefined. Note that this means that they will now explode on reaching max range.
Fixed a mod conflict issue with Nexerelin resulting in odd faction reputations.
Countless variant changes.
[close]

« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:09:54 PM by prav »

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] prv Starworks v12.1 (2020-01-18) - Latest: Applied Gravitonics
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2020, 12:24:25 AM »

Added the Laboratory Complex industry
- Found at the Ryak High-Energy Labs.
- Consumes large amounts of rare materials, producing luxury goods and heavy armaments.
- Sells advanced weapons and equipment to those who enjoy good relations with the market controller.
-- Modder note: Weapons tagged prv_lab_bp, or are known by welcoming (+25 to market controller) factions, show up here.
-- The blueprint is unobtainable; if you get your hands on one anyway, be aware that it can't be removed once constructed.

Solid on the tag for that place, though the second part worries me. If there is no opt-out rig for that can you please add one in your next update? 99% of factions the auto-system you got is fine but there are a few edge cases here and there of hidden factions or ones that only operate in isolated places etc etc where your station selling their stuff would not make sense and could even spoil content.

Edit: Thinking on this more, the opt-out would probably look for a specified tag and or manufacturer (in a mergeable .json or .csv). Well is probably obvious that bit, but it wasn't what I was thinking initially so figured I would edit this in just in case™.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 12:27:35 AM by MesoTroniK »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 25