Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.2.7  (Read 100170 times)

Akhonji

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.2.0 (Beta)
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2017, 05:27:23 AM »

Weirdly, I've got the same display for any piece of equipment I've scanned, regardless of whether I have the required items in storage or in my inventory. I can't figure out how to fulfill the requirements to have the factory make something. At first I thought it was a problem with the UI- can someone who's successfully made stuff give my dumb self any tips? :)

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2017, 01:20:25 PM »

Heap enough supplies, fuel, metals, transplutonics, heavy machinery, organics, and volatiles in storage and eventually it'll let you build something.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2017, 10:31:51 AM »

Weirdly, I've got the same display for any piece of equipment I've scanned, regardless of whether I have the required items in storage or in my inventory. I can't figure out how to fulfill the requirements to have the factory make something. At first I thought it was a problem with the UI- can someone who's successfully made stuff give my dumb self any tips? :)
The production and shipyard screens display costs, go there and click the item/ship to see the cost, then make sure the storage has sufficient resources. It is, unfortunately, not possible to display the resource costs within the market UI with the current API.
I am having several issues with making this mod work.

1. Using a Gamma AI Core, I have analyzed a Ballista Missile Launcher.  According to the order production screen, it should cost 8 Metals and 4 Fuel.  I have 200 metals in storage along with 100 fuel.  I have the same in my inventory.  In the trade menu, there are 20 of the missile launchers listed.  They are however red, and say insufficient resources.  I am unable to order them.

2. Hitting the leave button from the main menu does not undock from the station.  It appears to have no effect.  You can hit escape to undock from the station.

3. The only way to leave the "Order from *" dialogs is to hit escape which undocks you from the station rather than returning to the previous menu.

I have tested this with all of my mods installed, as well as with just Omnifactory, Lazylib, and Graphicslib.

This is against the 2.2.0 version of the mod.
1. I'll have to do some testing on this. It sounds like a bug.
2. I've found the problem and will fix it as soon as I have access to my starsector install. Thanks for reporting! (I always exit with esc.)
3. I'm not sure how to solve this, I'm still testing potential solutions.

athelred

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2017, 11:47:57 AM »

If it helps, Dal is right.  If you put all of the resource types into storage, you can then construct items.  When they are constructed you only consume the correct stuff.  So for example for the missile launcher above, I have to have supplies, fuel, metals, transplutonics, heavy machinery, organics, and volatiles in the storage, but when the launcher was constructed it consumes only metals and fuel.  I have not done any testing as to required levels of materials.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2017, 12:21:12 PM »

If it helps, Dal is right.  If you put all of the resource types into storage, you can then construct items.  When they are constructed you only consume the correct stuff.  So for example for the missile launcher above, I have to have supplies, fuel, metals, transplutonics, heavy machinery, organics, and volatiles in the storage, but when the launcher was constructed it consumes only metals and fuel.  I have not done any testing as to required levels of materials.
Thanks for the extra info, it helps. The issue is caused by a missing '=' (Making it > rather than >=). I'll upload a fix as soon as I get back to my dorm on Monday.

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2017, 11:29:26 PM »

I'm getting the same issue. This thing took my strongest weapon i needed to outfit on my unsung to defeat the templars... now there is no stopping them D:

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2017, 07:01:14 AM »

I'm getting the same issue. This thing took my strongest weapon i needed to outfit on my unsung to defeat the templars... now there is no stopping them D:
The issue is already solved, I just can't get at my computer till Monday. You can work around it by putting all the possible resources in storage or wait until I release the fix Monday.

Tyler

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2017, 11:21:23 AM »

I seem to have encountered a bug that makes it crash on startup. I'm not to sure about this kind of stuff, but when I disabled the mod the game loaded fine. Here's the log;

Spoiler
35884 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ISTL/shaders/surface/weapons/istl_missilepodmidtech_turret_base_surface.png (using cast)
35885 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ISTL/shaders/surface/weapons/istl_torpedohitech_single_hardpoint_base_surface.png (using cast)
35886 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ISTL/shaders/surface/weapons/istl_torpedohitech_single_turret_base_surface.png (using cast)
35888 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib  - Running LazyLib v2.2 for Starsector 0.8a
35888 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [lazylib_settings.json]
35898 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [LEADING_PIP.ini]
35904 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/omnifactory/omnifac_settings.json]
36146 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["wingAnalysisTimeMod"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["wingAnalysisTimeMod"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacSettings.reloadSettings(OmniFacSettings.java:55)
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(OmniFacModPlugin.java:115)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Also my mod list if it helps;
Spoiler
Audio Plus
Autosave
Blackrock Drive Yards
Common Radar
Console commands
Dassault-Mukoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
DynaSector
GraphicsLib
LazyLib
Leading Pip
Lightshow (Ship and Weapons pack)
Neutrino Corp
Nexerelin
Omnifactory Rebooted
Ship and Weapon Pack
The Knights Templars
Unknown Skies
Version Checker
[close]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:26:15 AM by Tyray3P »

matveich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2017, 12:01:40 PM »

I seem to have encountered a bug that makes it crash on startup. I'm not to sure about this kind of stuff, but when I disabled the mod the game loaded fine. Here's the log;

Spoiler
35884 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ISTL/shaders/surface/weapons/istl_missilepodmidtech_turret_base_surface.png (using cast)
35885 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ISTL/shaders/surface/weapons/istl_torpedohitech_single_hardpoint_base_surface.png (using cast)
35886 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ISTL/shaders/surface/weapons/istl_torpedohitech_single_turret_base_surface.png (using cast)
35888 [Thread-4] INFO  org.lazywizard.lazylib.LazyLib  - Running LazyLib v2.2 for Starsector 0.8a
35888 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [lazylib_settings.json]
35898 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [LEADING_PIP.ini]
35904 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/omnifactory/omnifac_settings.json]
36146 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["wingAnalysisTimeMod"] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["wingAnalysisTimeMod"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacSettings.reloadSettings(OmniFacSettings.java:55)
   at org.lazywizard.omnifac.OmniFacModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(OmniFacModPlugin.java:115)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

Also my mod list if it helps;
Spoiler
Audio Plus
Autosave
Blackrock Drive Yards
Common Radar
Console commands
Dassault-Mukoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
DynaSector
GraphicsLib
LazyLib
Leading Pip
Lightshow (Ship and Weapons pack)
Neutrino Corp
Nexerelin
Omnifactory Rebooted
Ship and Weapon Pack
The Knights Templars
Unknown Skies
Version Checker
[close]

Nexerelin is using outdated factory config file and you have to manually replace it with new one. Copy omnifac_settings.json from omnifactory\data\config\omnifactory to Nexerelin\data\config\omnifactory

matveich

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2017, 12:42:24 PM »

I have a number of suggestions to improve the mod:
  • Fix the leave button in the main menu.
  • Add leave button to blueprint screens, which returns to the main menu. Currently the only way to exit blueprint menu is via esc key, which forces you to undock with the station. There should be a return button or esc key should return to the main menu, not force undock
  • Add global resource multipliers to omnifac settings. If a player wants to lower or increase base resource cost for manufacturing, it should be possible to do so via omnifac_settings.json
  • Replace metal and transplutonics with basic and rare ore. Basically, omnifactory should require only basic resources to manufacture things, as processed resources can be unobtainable for player. On the other hand if production requires only basic resources, mining(Nexerelin feature) becomes an alternative to trade.
  • Fix blueprint cost tooltip. For example, some weapons require metal and volatiles(like mining blaster), but consume transplutonics.
  • Overhaul print messages. It is not very clear what omnifactory is doing currently and how long it should take. I suggest to print omnifac total status every time player undocks. So if omnifactory is researching or manufacturing something, once player undocks he should see a message like this one:
    Research -- time left
    Weapon1 -- 5 days
    Ship1 -- 3 days

Manufacturing(Quantity) -- time left item/total
    Weapon2(2) -- 2/10
    Ship2(3) -- 3/15
  • Add ability to queue ship construction. Currently only one ship per type can be queued to construction.
  • Remove money cost for analyzing/researching. Now that omnifac requires cores/resources, there is no reason to ask for money to produce ships. Increase resource cost or add supply/fuel cost if necessary.
  • Consume resources before production. To avoid problems when multiple things are queued for construction and race for resources it would be safer and easier to consume resources on build order.
  • There is an exploit with weapon construction. If there are enough resources, it is possible to equip a weapon via retrofit screen and then transfer back all resources, thus making weapon production resource free.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »

snip
  • Fix the leave button in the main menu.
Fixed for 2.2.2.
  • Add leave button to blueprint screens, which returns to the main menu. Currently the only way to exit blueprint menu is via esc key, which forces you to undock with the station. There should be a return button or esc key should return to the main menu, not force undock
Fixed for 2.2.2.
  • Add global resource multipliers to omnifac settings. If a player wants to lower or increase base resource cost for manufacturing, it should be possible to do so via omnifac_settings.json
On my todo-list.
  • Replace metal and transplutonics with basic and rare ore. Basically, omnifactory should require only basic resources to manufacture things, as processed resources can be unobtainable for player. On the other hand if production requires only basic resources, mining(Nexerelin feature) becomes an alternative to trade.
Processed resources can be obtained through both salvage and trade. I frequently find thousands of tons of metal and hundreds of tons of transplutonics when visiting markets. I have no intention of adding an ore refinery to the omnifactory.
  • Fix blueprint cost tooltip. For example, some weapons require metal and volatiles(like mining blaster), but consume transplutonics.
Could you post a screenshot? I'm not sure what is happening here. Only ballistics should consume transplutonics.
  • Overhaul print messages. It is not very clear what omnifactory is doing currently and how long it should take. I suggest to print omnifac total status every time player undocks. So if omnifactory is researching or manufacturing something, once player undocks he should see a message like this one:
This seems too spammy. However, I will add a console commands that lists current production orders to my todo-list.
  • Add ability to queue ship construction. Currently only one ship per type can be queued to construction.
This is a feature, all items have a limit on serial production. Ships have a limit of 1.
  • Remove money cost for analyzing/researching. Now that omnifac requires cores/resources, there is no reason to ask for money to produce ships. Increase resource cost or add supply/fuel cost if necessary.
I'm still trying to get this to work. I've tried directly modifying transaction value and giving spent credits directly back to the player but nothing seems to work.
  • Consume resources before production. To avoid problems when multiple things are queued for construction and race for resources it would be safer and easier to consume resources on build order.
Consumption on production is a relic of an earlier dev version without any other way to display per-item costs, changing it is on my todo-list.
  • There is an exploit with weapon construction. If there are enough resources, it is possible to equip a weapon via retrofit screen and then transfer back all resources, thus making weapon production resource free.
Thanks for notifying me! Fixed for 2.2.2.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:19:50 PM by isaacssv552 »

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.1.0 (Beta)
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »

Version 2.2.2 is out! It fixes most of the problems that have been reported. To close a blueprint screen just click outside the blue box.

Remnant Autofactory
A production based mini-mod
Download version 2.2.2

Changelog:
Fixed leave option.
Fixed resource requirements.
Fixed refit screen exploit.
Added dismissal functionality to blueprint screens.
Fixed crash that could occur if restricted DME weapons were enabled by user.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 03:18:21 PM by isaacssv552 »

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.2.2 (Beta)
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2017, 03:22:44 PM »

I just replaced the 2.2.2 download with a hotfix. The transaction handler left some test code uncommented.

isaacssv552

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.1.0 (Beta)
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2017, 03:32:45 PM »

Version 2.2.3 is out! It removes the credit cost from production. The transaction summary will still indicate credit loss, but none will be taken.

Remnant Autofactory
A production based mini-mod
Download version 2.2.3

Changelog:
Production no longer costs credits.
[/quote]

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Omnifactory Rebooted 2.2.3
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2017, 02:27:34 AM »

Hello

Can't quite figure how to use the Autofactory. When i enter item or ship trading dialogs everything is tinted in red and there is orange text in the pop-up "Requires ... AI Core/s". As for the AI cores that i carry in sufficient numbers they just show "Unable to replicate".

I play with Nexerlin.

The only suspicious message in logs was about a missing "emp" line in Blackrock Drive Yards mod "data/weapons/proj/achilles_stage1.proj" file, but i fixed it and still can't sell anything to the Autofactory.

What am i missing?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:55:44 AM by DinoZavarski »
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10